UnprofitableServantJames

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Are you accessing this site from  the library or from a friends house ? Otherwise it appears that you have not forsaken everything.You should have sold your computer or phone or whatever and given away the proceeds ,if what you are proclaiming is true

As for me,I will not be forsaking everything.Just like you didn’t.Neither will I be gouging out my eye the next time I lust.Eye-Gouging and forsaking everything are not the way to get to Heaven.Give away every dime you have, and if it is done because it is a part of making yourself “ worthy” of Salvation, you may as well have gone and thrown it off your roof......oops, you probably don’t have a roof if you have “ forsaken everything”

If you prefer to go down the  path of “ Do”, after you forsake everything,you are still just scratching the surface. Jesus said you are “ to be perfect.

This side of the Cross , in this Age of Grace, we do not have to meet impossible demands.All we have to do is believe the Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4.God is now looking for “ cheerful” givers.Thats one way to build up Heavenly Treasure.If you can give to God everything you own with a cheerful heart— have at it! Just realize it is not a requirement for Eternal Life.Nobody can reach God’s standard—- go with Grace.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Are you accessing this site from  the library or from a friends house ? Otherwise it appears that you have not forsaken everything.You should have sold your computer or phone or whatever and given away the proceeds ,if what you are proclaiming is true 

I have forsaken everything. You see, once you let go of your attachments to physical materials by physically leaving it, then you are no longer living or owning anything. God gives and God takes. I forsook my computer, and God gave me another one. It is part of His promise. You can read about it here:

Mark 10:29-30, "

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

As the OP stated, there is only one gospel. Not one side of the cross and the other. It is either you are on Jesus' side, or not. If Jesus said you must do this in order to get into heaven, and You or Paul or moses, maybe Solomon says I don't need to, then in whom should I put my faith in?

BTW, the first century Christians forsook all (Acts 2:44-45 & ACts 4:34-35) - POST cross...

You say your gospel can be found in the teachings of Paul. Hmmm. let's see what Paul says about using him to negate the TRUE gospel shall we?

Galatians 1:8-9, "

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

What Gospel do you suppose Paul preached if it wasn't our Lord's Jesus' gospel?

People used Paul's letters to try and negate Jesus' words during his time (the same as you are doing), so I would take heed of Paul's words if you are going to rely on him to save you.

I find it hard to believe that on judgement day when God asks you what you did with His son's Jesus' words (the standard by which we will be judged - John 12:48), that you will be able to summon Paul to your defence to justify your disobedience to the only begotten son of God by listening to some teachings of Paul taken out of it's context. If you want to gamble your eternity on that, then so be it. As for me and my house, we will put our faith in the Lord.

In peace

Paul was a secretary for Jesus after Jesus went to Heaven.He write nothing that was not prompted and condoned by the Holy Spirit.When Paul spoke, it was just as an inspired as when Jesus spoke.

The true Gospel is the Gospel of Paul......given to him not by himself or other men, but by Jesus Christ himself. This is what Paul makes clear in 1cor15:1-4.It is exactly what Paul is referring to when he warns about those who preach a false Gospel or try to add to his Gospel of Grace.Jesus told Paul to tell us that to be saved in this Age of Grace,this side of the Cross when this hitherto secret of the Church Age was revealed by Jesus through Paul that we need to believe two things to be saved—- Jesus died for our sins,and Jesus rose on the third day.He later declared that THIS GOSPEL ( which at least three times he referred to as “HIS” Gospel- as Jesus told him to do) This is the Gospel Paul was referring to when he spoke about the Gospel that was hidden from the lost and it is the Gospel that God will judge us by.We must prove ourselves to be good students of the Word and that Word must be properly divided.I think you need to do more homework,with all due respect.

To clarify—- Paul was nothing but a wretched sinner.Jesus does not take a back seat to any man.Jesus did ALL that was necessary to insure our Salvation .Paul is of NO value other than the fact that Jesus chose  him to EXPLAIN what was accomplished at the Cross.Every word in the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit.What things that Paul spoke about in his Epistles May as well have been spoken by Jesus Himself.Jesus told Paul to tell us to do this... “follow me ( Paul), as I follow Christ”.......you wanna obey Our Lord? Follow His most recent marching orders.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:43 AM, Guest Richard Paulson said:

For why could God not forgive and save us from sin by sending his Spirit to us, without Jesus dying?

Because the righteousness of God demands justice... and the justice demands that sin is eternally separate from God's righteousness!

Jer 23:5-6

5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
KJV

Why could not God just send us his Spirit by us believing in Jesus without him dying?

Because we were already dead in our sins...

Unless one understands exactly why it was necessary for Jesus to die, he does not understand the gospel and misses the main point of the Bible.

The treatise on the subject
https://www.gotquestions.org/why-Jesus-die.html 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul was a secretary for Jesus after Jesus went to Heaven.He write nothing that was not prompted and condoned by the Holy Spirit.When Paul spoke, it was just as an inspired as when Jesus spoke.

1 Corinthians 7:6, "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment."

1 Corinthians 7:12, "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:"

2 Corinthians 11:17, "That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting."

Not in these verses. Paul is fallible. Jesus is infallible.

If you would like to put your faith in Paul and His gospel, then my words (which are Jesus' words) won't change your mind.

Go in peace.

Perhaps you missed my previous posts or I did not make myself clear.Paul is just like you and I . A wretched, Hell- deserving sinner.Had it not been for the Grace of God on the road to Damascus, he would be in Hell today.A damnation well deserved,again , just like us.Of course he is fallable and Jesus is not.He would be the first to agree!

Previously I have mentioned that Paul was chosen by Jesus to be His mouthpiece after His Ascension and the three examples you give where Paul clearly states that he is speaking for himself prove that point.He let’s us know there is a difference in the source of his teachings.......sometimes Jesus, sometimes himself.A testimony to his humility and to his honesty.

Paul refers to the Gospel given to him by Jesus personally as “MY Gospel”.None of the three times that he said that did he indicate it was just his personal opinion.Itvis in the Holy Scripture, which is proof that it was “God-Breathed” as us anything else you read in the Bible.When Paul said we were to follow HIM ( meaning Paul) do you think he just pulled that out of his hat? No.Jesus told him to say that or he would not have said anything which would have been so utterly blasphemous without Jesus stamp of approval.

Again, Paul was NOTHING—— he was undeservedly chosen to speak for Jesus. The fact that Paul was so vile and wicked before his salvation, was precisely the reason he was chosen. It has given hope to countless other 

Vile sinners like you and I .People can look at Paul and say..... “ If God can save that Christian-Murdering man, I bet he might be able to save me”. God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

As mentioned previously, if you want to follow Paul and teach others to follow Paul, then so be it.

I, however, will teach people to follow Jesus only.

In peace

57 minutes ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

As mentioned previously, if you want to follow Paul and teach others to follow Paul, then so be it.

I, however, will teach people to follow Jesus only.

In peace

As Noble as your position sounds—- we ALL exalt Jesus—- your zeal does not square  with Scripture.Why would you chose to ignore the one whom Jesus Himself declared to be a “ Chosen Vessel” to spread The Word?  Do you also ignore Luke and Peter and John, all of whom declared that the Holy Spirit spoke through Paul? To reject the one that Jesus chose to reveal secrets that had been hidden for centuries is to reject Christ Himself .So If you choose to ignore Paul’s teachings, please refrain from discussing the following , exclusive to the Ministry of Paul: Salvation by Grace alone.....the Rapture......the Gospel Of Grace......the meaning of the Cross.... The indwelling of the Holy Spirit of the Believer.....the Body of Christ .......Saved by Grace  ( a word that describes the Thing that saved everyone who was ever saved—- mentioned 90 times by Paul in his Epistles, not once in the Four Gospels) Please remain silent in areas such as Christian Giving, Christian Discipline or many more areas that Paul taught as Jesus instructed him to.Pauls Gospel is the Gospel thAt saves us today.It is what you are going to be asked about on Judgement Day.Jesus is everything.Paul was Nothing, But If Jesus tells me to listen to and follow a jack-ass and all the other disciples agree that God is speaking through him, I ‘m gonn listen .

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Pauls Gospel is the Gospel thAt saves us today.It is what you are going to be asked about on Judgement Day.

John 12:48, "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

In peace

Romans2:16.    “ in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY GOSPEL”

Who do you think inspired Paul to say these words? The Bible states that ALL Scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit .If Paul said it— Jesus said it.The few times he writes about HIS personal opinion,he makes it clear to the reader.If one refuses to obey the one that Jesus declared His “chosen vessel”, you are in dangerous territory—- To reject Paul , you may be rejecting Jesus too.

• Thumbs Up 1