• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, SelahSong said:

God uses all true believers to spread the Gospel, to teach, to preach and to be His “chosen” servants.  Paul, and we too, God’s followers, have work to do, mainly to spread the Gospel of Christ, just as Paul did.  

- Selah

2 Corinthians 5:20 

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 

1 Peter 2:9-10 

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Excellant point, but God chose Paul to do waaaay bigger things than we do,obviously.Many if the things he was teaching—- secrets God had held for Millenia— were so different from the ways of Paul’s Jewish brethren ,God gave him the power to raise the dead and perform all types of miracles to verify he  was unique and one chosen by Christ Himself.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

John 12:48, "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

In peace

ALL would do WELL to remember that .     Did I tell you I have all joy in the LORD .

Happy is the one who keeps HIS sayings .     Now for the saying that will get attacked .    Did you know , by grace I have been a single man for many years .

Wanna know why I DONT REMARRY .   CAUSE IT WOULD BE ADULTERY .     Oh me and oh my ,   YET happy I am .

HE who does not forsake ALL and follow CHRIST .  ITS ALL ABOUT LOVING ALL HIS SAYINGS , not just some , but ALL.

AND if we have the SPIRIT on our heart, WE WOULD LOVE AND DO HIS SAYINGS and WHAT A JOY THEY TRULY ARE .

SO ,   let me leave us with what JESUS said and paul said too.

HE who puts away his wife, Save for the cause of fornication , or death of course ,    And remarries another COMMITS ADULTERY and so does she who was put away .

SO HAVE WE REALLY received HIS WORDS .      For many I trow not .  I see all sorts of folks twisting whatever saying of his , GETS in their way .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HE who puts away his wife, Save for the cause of fornication , or death of course ,    And remarries another COMMITS ADULTERY and so does she who was put away .

Hey bro, just a question, ...are you saying adultery is an unpardonable sin?

4 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hey bro, just a question, ...are you saying adultery is an unpardonable sin?

No .   its just so long as one is in willfull sin ,   they in grave danger .

Why do you think paul said , SO then if while her husband lives , She be married to another man she shall be called an adulteress.

But not if that lady tells that second husband ,  CEE YA .     THEY MUST CEASE the SIN , REPENT OF IT .   

Christains should never have sat under men that remarried and remarried and kept making excuses .  

Will adulterers inherit eternal life .  NOPE .  Ye must repent .  Notice paul said she will be CALLED an adulteress so long as she is married to that other man

SO long as her husband lives .    THEY TOOK JESUS SERIOUS .   I SUGGEST we do the same .

Save for fornication or death .   only way to be remarried to another .  save for fornication or death .   

OH they can be separated ,  But let them remain SINGLE or BE RECONCILIED to one another again .  

I am sticking with JESUS and pauls words .    Fornication or death .

Will God honor gay marriage . NOPE .   IF two gay men were married and one repents and comes to Christ , CAN HE STAY MARRIED   .  NOPE

Well gay marriage aint the only sin .  SO IS ADULTERY .  OH but it is .  adultery is sin too .   

I know you KNOW that .  I am jus making a point is all.

Ps.    You throw those hands up and praise the LORD .    From here on out , let no man or woman EVER encourage one who is married

that its okay to leave that woman or its okay to leave that man ,  and heck GO get you a new one .  WRONG .  ITS ADULTERY if they do .  LEST it be for fornication

OR unless the spouse dies of course .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

ALL would do WELL to remember that .     Did I tell you I have all joy in the LORD .

Happy is the one who keeps HIS sayings .     Now for the saying that will get attacked .    Did you know , by grace I have been a single man for many years .

Wanna know why I DONT REMARRY .   CAUSE IT WOULD BE ADULTERY .     Oh me and oh my ,   YET happy I am .

HE who does not forsake ALL and follow CHRIST .  ITS ALL ABOUT LOVING ALL HIS SAYINGS , not just some , but ALL.

AND if we have the SPIRIT on our heart, WE WOULD LOVE AND DO HIS SAYINGS and WHAT A JOY THEY TRULY ARE .

SO ,   let me leave us with what JESUS said and paul said too.

SO HAVE WE REALLY received HIS WORDS .      For many I trow not .  I see all sorts of folks twisting whatever saying of his , GETS in their way .  

Amen.

Even this one: Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

Jesus is clearly saying that we either choose God or mammon. We can't do both. Yet who receives this word? Who quits their job and stop serving mammon in order to serve God alone?

Like you mentioned, people twist Jesus' words to get their way...

50 minutes ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Amen.

Even this one: Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

Jesus is clearly saying that we either choose God or mammon. We can't do both. Yet who receives this word? Who quits their job and stop serving mammon in order to serve God alone?

Like you mentioned, people twist Jesus' words to get their way...

Paul worked with others who made tents .     You taking this one outta text .   

And I think I know why .   

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Paul worked with others who made tents .     You taking this one outta text .   

And I think I know why .   

So it begins! You are doing the same thing that you just accused others of doing with divorce and remarriage.

Sigh. One day I will find someone on this Forum that is willing to take Jesus at his word, and listen to Him as a child would their Father.

11 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I know you KNOW that .  I am jus making a point is all.

Yeah, I know, ...it's just Church ain't that simple, ...let's say a couple comes to your church, they haven't been blessed with sound doctrinal teaching (and they are not following some weird heretical doctrine, there are millions in the church today) that we have, they are both divorced and remarried, their first marriage was when they were very young, now they have three children, the husband is the high priest of his home and his family is in order, they all love and serve the Lord, ...bro, what would be your advice to them? 

9 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Who quits their job and stop serving mammon in order to serve God alone?

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;  1 Thess 4:11

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thess 2:10

Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own 2 Thess 3:12

...that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. Matt 18:16  (Jesus speaking)

There we have two witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Spirit!

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall Hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. John 16:13

The Holy Spirit is known as the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament, ...in the New He is called the Spirit of Christ Rom 8:9, so the Spirit of Christ only speaks what He has heard Jesus say, ...two witnesses!

We are told by God to go to work, ...from my own experience as a young Christian I quit work to serve Him and thougth the Lord would take care of me, after all, David said he had never seen the righteous begging bread, ...it didn't take very long (I got hungry) for me to realize I had taken the verse out of context and didn't really understand what it was saying!

May I humbly suggest you take your interpretation before the Lord and ask Him if it's the Truth, ask the Holy Spirit inside of you, two witnesses ...and then come back and tell us, ...we'll be happy to fellowship with you!

Lord bless

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yeah, I know, ...it's just Church ain't that simple, ...let's say a couple comes to your church, they haven't been blessed with sound doctrinal teaching (and they are not following some weird heretical doctrine, there are millions in the church today) that we have, they are both divorced and remarried, their first marriage was when they were very young, now they have three children, the husband is the high priest of his home and his family is in order, they all love and serve the Lord, ...bro, what would be your advice to them? 

Rick warren loves JESUS so does the pope .   WELL they say they do .  

How many people say I LOVE JESUS ,  but pass over HIS sayings .

Many and they do it with more than just one saying .  

I put this to the test .   Anyone who is in an adulterous marriage ,   I promise that is not the only saying they twist .  I KNOW I have tested .  

I don't worry about who did what , when , where or how .  

I have tested some , that were in what I would have for sure known was adultery .   But , I tested them.  To be sure .

HOW many other sayings they willfully twist .  DID YOU KNOW not one person who has been remarried unlawfully according to Christ

breaks just that one .   Every one I tested ,  threw other sayings out too . EVERY ONE of them .

And I assure us if one does love Christ and were remarried ,   it would have been lawful unto Christ .

But I always test if it was done before they came to Christ or in any case really .   And the ones I tested with just simple questions

Twisted at a minimum at least four other sayings . SEE if they willfully twist one they will willfully twist at least a few others .