UnprofitableServantJames

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

There are many denominations who all believe in the same person... Jesus. This shouldn't be so!

Let us try and come together to find a united approach on what a Christian means, so we can try and put together the body of Christ. The first century Christians are a good example of what followers of Jesus looked like. 

Acts 2:44-47,"

And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Where is this singleness of heart that the first Christians experienced? Let's strive to bring that back to what we call Christianity today.

What do you believe is a Christian? Please give a thoughtful and prayerful answer. Leave the debates out of this. Let's work towards unity trying to set aside our differences and come to Christ with a broken and contrite heart.

In peace

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

there's such a thing as the universal church where all Christians are united by Jesus with the purpose of doing good.  i have met fellow believers from other denominations but nobody thinks anyone is more or less a Christian for which church group he belongs to.  going to a denomination is a matter of choice and the doctrine a person believes in, but as long as the Christian believes in the truth of Gods word (and sadly not all do) that is all that matters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, SelahSong said:

… but just to focus with wisdom, how do we “set aside our differences?”  Are we then supposed to tolerate others’ beliefs?  Do what they do?  Give in a little?  In today’s world where bad is good and good is bad? …where wrong is right and right is wrong?  I can’t do that.  

—Selah

Recognize their speech do ya .   THIS is how this fake unity will take all in its web.    VERY HAPPY TO SEE ya aint buying it . VERY HAPPY .   MY GOODNESS I say VERY HAPPY .

We wont set aside a THING JESUS said Or the apostles taught , OR that pattern for a fake unity .  AINT GONNA HAPPEN .  GLAD TO SEE folks resisting its seducing approach .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

James, all I can add is that" when we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and Shout the Victory." In Heaven, there will be no denominations, there will be no differences, we will come in unity under His Headship. While we live this side of Glory, there will be differences, though we worship the One Lord and Saviour, be not distracted in what others are doing, but as Jesus said to Peter on the beach, "What I will for this man is not your concern, You follow me." We all have a "cross" to bear, let's then keep our focus on "Him." What has been posted above is good, Godly, sound advice, be encouraged James, and as always, I hope this helps, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Over the years the word "Christian" has lost its significance. Anyone can call themselves a Christian. A born again Christian has put their faith, hope and trust in the work of Jesus Christ. Including His death on the cross as payment of our sins. A born again Christian does not just have a religion but a daily relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ comes before anything or anyone in their life. They have an eternity in heaven which will never end. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Heybro said:

when we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and Shout the Victory.

And so we sang at my husband's funeral.  I so look forward to worshipping God with him again, and with many here on Worthy.  Was a victory our Savior won at that cross!  Hallelujah!

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A born again Christian does not just have a religion but a daily relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ comes before anything or anyone in their life.

AMEN and AMEN!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I basically agree with Willa.....I have heard it put this way........A Christian is someone that has Christ in them and Christ is formed in your heart by faith.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Recognize their speech do ya .   THIS is how this fake unity will take all in its web.    VERY HAPPY TO SEE ya aint buying it . VERY HAPPY .   MY GOODNESS I say VERY HAPPY .

We wont set aside a THING JESUS said Or the apostles taught , OR that pattern for a fake unity .  AINT GONNA HAPPEN .  GLAD TO SEE folks resisting its seducing approach .

It seems the spirit is missed through the eyes of one seeking after it's own desires.

You say that we are not suppose to set aside a thing that Jesus or the Apostles taught. Where in my OP did I imply this?

True I did say WE should set aside our differences to find unity, but that unity can only come through Christ's teachings. Making the assertion that the purpose was to get people to set aside something that Jesus taught is without evidence from what I wrote - it was made in your imagination.

Nevertheless, you say you don't want to set aside a "THING" that Jesus says, then let's see how much you hold to these words, or if it was all lip service.

Luke 14:33,"Whosoever does not forsake all that He has, Cannot be my disciple." Have you forsaken all that you have? If not, then according to Jesus' teaching you are not His disciple (BTW, disciples and Christians are the same thing).

Your response will determine how much weight your comment above will hold true. Just a disclaimer: If you use someone else in the bible to tell me that Jesus was wrong when He said this, then I will plainly say you are not a follower of Jesus, rather a follower of whomever you use to negate Jesus' words.

Luke 6:46," Why do you call me Lord Lord, yet don't do the things which I say."

In peace

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Luke 12

51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

• Brilliant! 1