• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

It seems the spirit is missed through the eyes of one seeking after it's own desires.

You say that we are not suppose to set aside a thing that Jesus or the Apostles taught. Where in my OP did I imply this?

True I did say WE should set aside our differences to find unity, but that unity can only come through Christ's teachings. Making the assertion that the purpose was to get people to set aside something that Jesus taught is without evidence from what I wrote - it was made in your imagination.

Nevertheless, you say you don't want to set aside a "THING" that Jesus says, then let's see how much you hold to these words, or if it was all lip service.

Luke 14:33,"Whosoever does not forsake all that He has, Cannot be my disciple." Have you forsaken all that you have? If not, then according to Jesus' teaching you are not His disciple (BTW, disciples and Christians are the same thing).

Your response will determine how much weight your comment above will hold true. Just a disclaimer: If you use someone else in the bible to tell me that Jesus was wrong when He said this, then I will plainly say you are not a follower of Jesus, rather a follower of whomever you use to negate Jesus' words.

Luke 6:46," Why do you call me Lord Lord, yet don't do the things which I say."

In peace

This alone proves something .    Your gospel and mission is now on this UNITY . 

That is what gives you hope , its your new gospel . 

GOT bad news its a SPELL .   AND folks are going under this spell .  NOPE , for ME IS JESUS and ALL HIS SAYINGS FIRST ,  the true unity FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST .

Not a thing JESUS said gets set aside for the sake of false unity .

Not a thing of the pattern JESUS SET and paul set will be set aside for this unity .

And the lambs who LOVE CHRIST  we already have true unity .    Mans lil last days move for their unity is gonna lead them all right to the beast .

RIGHT to it .

Rick warren was false from the pulpit .   This whole big unity move , Yall got no idea where its coming from nor where it will lead .

THEY sell it however it will reach the group they target .   

Look out for key words .   Bridge builders ,  finding common ground .    Beating swords into plowshares .  

And many more .    Heard those have ya .    NO surprise .  ANY church that its leaders did the Daniel plan , purpose driven life ,  WAS EXPOSED TO its false stuff .

TIME TO FLEE bablonian unity churches  .   MY MISSION IS THE TRUE GOSPLE , and that gospel IS GONNA OFFEND .

MY mission is correction and all that causes divsions .   JESUS did not come to bring peace on earth ,   Divsions .  THE TRUE church is already united in HIM .

And we are few and far  between and world wide .   WE AINT Coming into this unity .    I had sooner be dead .  BUT I do love the people , so onward to exhort I continue by His grace .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom,

As I have grown older I now stubbornly refer to myself as a Christian. Simple As. The world knows what that means, even if some Christians might find the simplicity confusing.

Specific denominations not only divides us but also makes us look very unappealing and confusing for the non-believers whom we are meant to attract! Why is a "born-again" Christian different to a Christian and a "methodist" different to a "baptist"? Isn't it only down to opinion and interpretation? Let us all bring our opinions together to understand all colours of the spectrum rather than vainly sticking to Blue only. Sad..

As to what makes a true Christian? I would go by Paul's description in Romans 12 through to 15.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I don't think any man or group of men is capable of doing anything to bring unity to the Body.  And thank God I don't need to.  Our unity (and John 17 is a literally breathtaking view of it) is IN HIM.  All I have to do or CAN do  is present myself to His presence and let Him manifest my "oneness" with HIM.   When He gets that where it needs to be, I in Him and you in Him, "our" oneness is already a done deal.

Trying to get "us" to manifest oneness in the Body is just an exercise in the flesh, and will produce nothing good.  I am commanded to love, seek peace with and serve you, but that's not unity ...oneness.  It might help a lot of things but manifesting unity is something only He can do.

Focus on Him.  He'll take care of the rest.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

22 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom,

As I have grown older I now stubbornly refer to myself as a Christian. Simple As. The world knows what that means, even if some Christians might find the simplicity confusing.

Specific denominations not only divides us but also makes us look very unappealing and confusing for the non-believers whom we are meant to attract! Why is a "born-again" Christian different to a Christian and a "methodist" different to a "baptist"? Isn't it only down to opinion and interpretation? Let us all bring our opinions together to understand all colours of the spectrum rather than vainly sticking to Blue only. Sad..

As to what makes a true Christian? I would go by Paul's description in Romans 12 through to 15.

Love & Shalom

I have come to about the same place.  I'm describing myself as a "follower of Jesus" more and more these days  because even "Christian" has become so confused, meaning so many different things to different people I can never be certain what the person is "hearing" when  I say Christian.  Accepting a denominational label went out the window years ago.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

When people ask me what denomination I belong to I always say “none, I’m a Jesus man”. After the usual quizzical look, most people seem to “ get” it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, BeyondET said:

Luke 12

51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Indeed, truth was divided at that time. Those with Jesus and those against Him.

However, within the body of Jesus their are no divisions.

In peace

On 1/26/2019 at 4:38 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

This alone proves something .    Your gospel and mission is now on this UNITY . 

That is what gives you hope , its your new gospel . 

GOT bad news its a SPELL .   AND folks are going under this spell .  NOPE , for ME IS JESUS and ALL HIS SAYINGS FIRST ,  the true unity FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST .

Not a thing JESUS said gets set aside for the sake of false unity .

Not a thing of the pattern JESUS SET and paul set will be set aside for this unity .

And the lambs who LOVE CHRIST  we already have true unity .    Mans lil last days move for their unity is gonna lead them all right to the beast .

RIGHT to it .

Rick warren was false from the pulpit .   This whole big unity move , Yall got no idea where its coming from nor where it will lead .

THEY sell it however it will reach the group they target .   

Look out for key words .   Bridge builders ,  finding common ground .    Beating swords into plowshares .  

And many more .    Heard those have ya .    NO surprise .  ANY church that its leaders did the Daniel plan , purpose driven life ,  WAS EXPOSED TO its false stuff .

TIME TO FLEE bablonian unity churches  .   MY MISSION IS THE TRUE GOSPLE , and that gospel IS GONNA OFFEND .

MY mission is correction and all that causes divsions .   JESUS did not come to bring peace on earth ,   Divsions .  THE TRUE church is already united in HIM .

And we are few and far  between and world wide .   WE AINT Coming into this unity .    I had sooner be dead .  BUT I do love the people , so onward to exhort I continue by His grace .

It seems you are wanting to see what you want to see.

I made it clear that the unity I want to find is to bring people to obey Jesus. If you don't agree with that then you don't agree with Jesus.

John 17:11, "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

If you don't want to become one with the Father then that is fine. Jesus, however, came to cause divisions among people that don't believe in Him. This shouldn't be so if we are supposedly believers in Jesus. Even Paul says this in 1 Corinthians 1. Nevertheless, if you don't want to put any of Jesus' teachings aside, then let me know if you are following this one:

Luke 14:33, "Whosoever be of you that does not forsake ALL that he has, cannot be my disciple."

You want not put any of Jesus' words aside, then I expect that you have done this? If not, I would question whether Isaiah prophesy applies to YOU...

Matthew 15:7-9, "

Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

In peace

Thanks everybody for their replies.

Why people don't want to be united in Christ by making Him Lord of our lives is beyond me. But after watching this video I seem to understand now.

ALL churches everywhere are NOT teachings the way to salvation. They are not teaching the gospel according to Jesus. They are 'playing' church and using his name for their own lusts. This is what happened in the first century, and is happening today. The name of Jesus is being said or sung in these buildings, but Jesus himself is getting locked out. 

I know deep down in all people there is this niggling wonder as to why the churches are how they are today. What happened? The answer is all the churches today are leaving out the most important piece in their doctrines. They are leaving out the key to unlock everything. It isn't new, rather it is just being overlooked and made useless.

Don't believe me? Check out the video for yourself:

bit.ly/Jesusteachings

Don't watch if you are not prepared to get your faith shaken!!! You've been warned...

In peace & love

Edited by UnprofitableServantJames
misspell

Guest Richard Paulson
1 hour ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

ALL churches everywhere are NOT teachings the way to salvation. They are not teaching the gospel according to Jesus. They are 'playing' church and using his name for their own lusts. This is what happened in the first century, and is happening today. The name of Jesus is being said or sung in these buildings, but Jesus himself is getting locked out

Hello "Unprofitable Servant James,"

If I ask any Christian "Why Did Jesus Die?" they will not really be able to answer that question with the Word of God. They may even answer truly in saying that Jesus died to save us from sin, and so that God can forgive us. But that is not answering the question. You see, the answers Christians may give, still do not explain why it was necessary for Jesus to die. Knowing the answer to this is the GOLDEN KEY. Without knowing this, the "Christian" cannot proclaim the gospel fully (if at all). For why could God not forgive and save us from sin by sending his Spirit to us, without Jesus dying? Why could not God just send us his Spirit by us believing in Jesus without him dying? Unless one understands exactly why it was necessary for Jesus to die, he does not understand the gospel and misses the main point of the Bible.

At least in the first century there were people who knew the gospel of the cross of Christ (through the apostles). But after centuries of abuse, that knowledge was utterly lost to the whole church. I have given the answer in a topic I have opened. For God has chosen me to reveal this lost truth to the body of Christ. I don't know how many will hear it before the end, but this is my calling to reveal the truth of the cross of Christ. But as yet, just as it has been up till now, no Christian I know has been able to bear it. Not able to bear the good news! Perhaps given time, they will be able to see it. 

God bless you.

Edited by Richard Paulson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If I could also put in a little shot?In light of the above regarding non-essentials to our salvation ,I am sure Satan is literally laughing all the way to the "Soul Bank" in spite of Christ's confident assurance to the Father in His last hours on this earth regarding all Christians/believers or Disciples whatever "name" one gives us as children of God. "22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me...26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."(N.I.V.John 17 :22-23;26).I wonder if any particular "denomination" is going to mean anything when it comes to judgment time. Especially where the requirements of agape  love   are not met, regarding love for each other in the broadest Christian sense?

• Thumbs Up 1