• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Within this perverted false grace teaching that the church has come up with

What do you do with these?

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. John 1:16

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.  John 1:17

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.  Acts 4:33

Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.  Acts 13:43

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.  Gen 6:8

And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.  Exo 33:12

And he said unto him (Gideon), If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me.  Jdg 6:17

And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage. Ezra 9:8

And on and on and on, ...one of the major foundational Truths of the Old and New  Testaments is ...Grace, Grace, Grace!!!

Please forgive me for asking, "...Have you even read the Bible?"  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

What do you do with these?

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. John 1:16

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.  John 1:17

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.  Acts 4:33

Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.  Acts 13:43

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.  Gen 6:8

And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.  Exo 33:12

And he said unto him (Gideon), If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me.  Jdg 6:17

And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage. Ezra 9:8

And on and on and on, ...one of the major foundational Truths of the Old and New  Testaments is ...Grace, Grace, Grace!!!

Please forgive me for asking, "...Have you even read the Bible?"  

Maybe I should highlight one specific word that seemed you have missed.

PERVERTED grace Gospel. Do I believe in the grace of God? Absolutely! Should grace be used as a justification to wilfully disobey God? Certainly not!

This latter is the fruit of the perverted grace gospel.

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

And count lthe patience of our Lord as salvation, just as mour beloved brother Paul also wrote to you naccording to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, pas they do the other Scriptures.

If the writings of Paul were good enough to get Peter’s blessing, they are good enough for me also. All Scripture is “God Breathed”—- that includes Paul.Did Paul perform miracles and raise the dead without the blessing and power of God?

Let me see if I can make myself clear......Jesus was God in a tent of human flesh......he was without sin......he was perfect......he was full of love and compassion.....when He Shed His Blood on the Cross, it was so pleasing to God the Father That He made it the full payment for every sin ever committed. Now, by comparison Paul was nothing but a low- life lost sinner, just like you and I.The. Bible says that Paul was chosen before he was even born to be what he became— God’s chosen vessel to deliver the Good News to the Gentiles.Nothing But a microphone for Jesus to reveal the Mysteries That were hidden for Millenia.God saw that everything that was required for the Salvation Of man was accomplished by His Son, the Creator and Lord of the universe.Paul was nothing but a wretched sinner that got lucky by God  choosing him as a spokesman for Christ after His Ascension.His wickedness is the reason God used him.People now can be encouraged by that fact.Many people I know will not come to Jesus because they think they have gone too far in their sin to be saved .I just point out the sins of Paul before he was saved.I ask people if they ever killed women and children or tortured or stoned people because they disliked their religion.Usually the answer is “ no”. So, I hope I have made myself clear—— Paul was a scumbag,Jesus was perfect.Do you still think I am trying to elevate Paul? Paul later became a man of love and faith—- ONLY by the grace of Jesus.

Matthew 15:7-9, "Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

In peace

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8

3 minutes ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

PERVERTED grace Gospel. Do I believe in the grace of God? Absolutely! Should grace be used as a justification to wilfully disobey God? Certainly not!

This latter is the fruit of the perverted grace gospel.

Who is using Grace to willfully disobey God?  That is the common argument by those that don't understand grace and their sinful nature!

You say you believe in Grace, do you willfully disobey?

11 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

...that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work (to make MONEY to support yourself) with your own hands..., 1 Thes 4:11 

so I replied, "Father, then by Your Spirit provide work for me," and He is and has been faithful all of these 28 years.

Take notice that you added the part about making MONEY to support yourself. The scripture doesn't say that.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that God sent you there, for you to then turn away. Why do I say this? God was wanting you to work indeed, but it wasn't for money, rather he wanted you to work for Him.

It sounded like you left more on a whim that wasn't ordained by God, considering it didn't work out. No shame, it happens to all of us. But when you were at your lowest point reaching out to God, He answered, but you misunderstood what he wanted you to do. Why do I say this with such confidence?

Jesus is clear what the job of the Holy spirit is in John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

As we can see from the quoted scripture above, the job of the Holy spirit is to remind us of what Jesus taught. If the spirit that was speaking to you during this time was from God, then you can line up what you believe God revealed to you with the words of Jesus.

If we do this, what do we find?

Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

John 6:27, "Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed."

The spirit wouldn't have led you to disobey Jesus' commands, if it was of God.

This was the point I was making in my previous letter. One can go out with a sincere (or we can use the word faith if you like) heart, but they have to be willing to hear more from God in order to continue walking in faith.

Let him who have ears, hear and understand.

5 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Who is using Grace to willfully disobey God?  That is the common argument by those that don't understand grace and their sinful nature!

You say you believe in Grace, do you willfully disobey?

Answer me this question, then I will answer yours:

If Jesus told us that we cannot serve two masters, God and money, and someone works for money, then can they also serve God. Answer me.

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

This fellow is not seeing this clearly at all .    I left my old job , but  I stated my own work with my own two hands .   

It is not a sin to work , and yes I get paid by those I work .    Let him that steal , steal no more , but rather labour working with his own hands that he might not lack

and so he can Give to those without .     JESUS never commanded folks to go and work no more .  He said go and sin no more .

And the apostels ,  yeah they left their jobs , to start the work of His ministry .   Some eat of the flock , others work and give aide to those in need or to those who teach .

This fellow is not seeing things clear .    If he left his job and is going town to town with the gospel , then amen , and GOD will provide .

But to tell folks they cant work clean jobs ,  man that needs to get stopped .   However , in the days ahead wont any of us be working anyway .

We going to be cast out , and that mark ITS at the door .    SO work , but don't fear to lose anything .   Just work unto the LORD and give to any who lacks .

Where did I say that Jesus commanded folks to go and work no more? Read carefully, friend.

I am saying that we shouldn't work for money. That has, and is, the point I am making. Does that mean we just sit around and do nothing? God forbid. What we need to do after we obey Jesus' command and stop working for money, is to continue obeying Jesus' command and start working for God. Simple, isn't it?

Jesus never taught for his disciples to become donors to those sent out into the mission; rather he taught that what we should do is pray that God will send more labourers into his harvest (Luke 10:2). Sadly everybody wants to sign up as a 'financial supporter', but nobody wants to follow Jesus by taking up their cross and following Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8

4 minutes ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

I am sincerely sorry to hear that God sent you there, for you to then turn away. Why do I say this? God was wanting you to work indeed, but it wasn't for money, rather he wanted you to work for Him.

James said "Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith from my works." man, you didn't even have the courtesy to read what I wrote, I'm wasting my time...

• Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

James said "Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith from my works." man, you didn't even have the courtesy to read what I wrote, I'm wasting my time...

I am very confused at your reaction to what I shared above, and why you quoted this verse from James? You mentioned it in your post, and I do admit I didn't finish reading it, I apologize for doing that.

Now that I have read what you said in the bottom, I am more convinced that what you are sharing isn't from God, rather, as you say, from man.

If you believe that what God wants for me, and any other Christian, is to work for money, then I can't accept that. Not because I want to be stubborn and hold onto my belief, rather this is the clear doctrine taught by Jesus.

You mentioned that if you had to learn something from man, then it isn't from God. While there is truth to that, that also isn't as black and white as you make it out to be. Have you honestly never learned something from the same pastor that shared this thought to you? God uses people to reveal his words to us, because we have a tendency to close our ears to further revelation.

I pray you can consider that it is you who is basing what you believe to be God's will on what man said, not me.

Also, when I hear the term Word of God, I think of Jesus. It sounds like you believe that the Word of God is the Bible, but that isn't scriptural.

Watch this video to learn more: bit.ly/SecretName

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Where did I say that Jesus commanded folks to go and work no more? Read carefully, friend.

I am saying that we shouldn't work for money. That has, and is, the point I am making. Does that mean we just sit around and do nothing? God forbid. What we need to do after we obey Jesus' command and stop working for money, is to continue obeying Jesus' command and start working for God. Simple, isn't it?

Jesus never taught for his disciples to become donors to those sent out into the mission; rather he taught that what we should do is pray that God will send more labourers into his harvest (Luke 10:2). Sadly everybody wants to sign up as a 'financial supporter', but nobody wants to follow Jesus by taking up their cross and following Him.

You treed the wrong coon my friend .    ITs the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil .   The love of it .   I have never prayed for money .  Not once .

I don't worry over it .  If we lose all its only gain ,   if riches do increase set not your heart on them , GIVE GIVE GIVE to those who lack and DO NOT STORE UP .

But if money itself was evil ,  WHY did JESUS not tell that to the Pharisee who tempted him .  HE said give unto ceasar that which is HIS .  HE did not say

Money , tribute is evil .   ITS the love of it .    WE should learn godliness with CONTENTMENT .    Be content , not seeking to have more , just be content .

IF we lose it all then we lose it all,  and if it increases its only meant to share with others . 

You got this fixation in your head that we cant work and get paid .    The jews themselves sold livestock .   They worked and earned money , IF NOT how were they able

to pay Taxes to the roman govt .  You getting this all wrong .  YES I agree a man can be called out and simply preach the gospel and live of that .  And what a blessing

while others can still work and Let the light shine and speak Christ to all .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1