• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;  1 Thess 4:11

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thess 2:10

Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own 2 Thess 3:12

...that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. Matt 18:16  (Jesus speaking)

There we have two witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Spirit!

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall Hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. John 16:13

The Holy Spirit is known as the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament, ...in the New He is called the Spirit of Christ Rom 8:9, so the Spirit of Christ only speaks what He has heard Jesus say, ...two witnesses!

We are told by God to go to work, ...from my own experience as a young Christian I quit work to serve Him and thougth the Lord would take care of me, after all, David said he had never seen the righteous begging bread, ...it didn't take very long (I got hungry) for me to realize I had taken the verse out of context and didn't really understand what it was saying!

May I humbly suggest you take your interpretation before the Lord and ask Him if it's the Truth, ask the Holy Spirit inside of you, two witnesses ...and then come back and tell us, ...we'll be happy to fellowship with you!

Lord bless

Thanks for your response. I looked up the verses you quoted, and one interesting point occured to me. The word 'money' isn't mentioned in any of those verses. Does it say to 'work'? Yes. That is obvious. Where does the idea that when Paul says we must work that it suggests for money?

If Paul lines himself with Jesus, then it would make sense that the interpretation of that verse would be to work for God and not for money. If we are using the Bible to interpret Paul's words, isn't what I'm suggested lines right up with what Jesus (the cornerstone) taught in Matthew 6:24? 

I think it is wise to always have the Holy spirit to guide us into all truth. It is wise to understand the job of the Holy spirit, also. John 14:26 says, "THe comforter, which is the Holy ghost, who the Father will send in my name will teach you all things; and bring to remembrance whatsoever I taught you to do."

If Paul is being led by the Holy spirit, then what he teaches must line up with what Jesus taught. If not, then we must put to question the words of Paul not the words of Jesus. I feel you are using Paul's words to interpret what Jesus said, rather than letting Jesus' words interpret Paul. This is an error.

I am a bit surprised that you quit your job to start doing God's work and God didn't provide! This seems contrary to the promise that Jesus gave us in Matthew 6:25-33. In my experience, I did take this teaching seriously and quit my job, and I went into all the world and preached the gospel, along with forsaking all of my material possessions (Luke 14:33). I lacked and still don't lack any of my daily necessities. God's promises are reliable and true.

When you went out and preached the gospel, did you go alone or with another brother/sister?

In peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

49 minutes ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Thanks for your response. I looked up the verses you quoted, and one interesting point occured to me. The word 'money' isn't mentioned in any of those verses. Does it say to 'work'? Yes. That is obvious. Where does the idea that when Paul says we must work that it suggests for money?

If Paul lines himself with Jesus, then it would make sense that the interpretation of that verse would be to work for God and not for money. If we are using the Bible to interpret Paul's words, isn't what I'm suggested lines right up with what Jesus (the cornerstone) taught in Matthew 6:24? 

I think it is wise to always have the Holy spirit to guide us into all truth. It is wise to understand the job of the Holy spirit, also. John 14:26 says, "THe comforter, which is the Holy ghost, who the Father will send in my name will teach you all things; and bring to remembrance whatsoever I taught you to do."

If Paul is being led by the Holy spirit, then what he teaches must line up with what Jesus taught. If not, then we must put to question the words of Paul not the words of Jesus. I feel you are using Paul's words to interpret what Jesus said, rather than letting Jesus' words interpret Paul. This is an error.

I am a bit surprised that you quit your job to start doing God's work and God didn't provide! This seems contrary to the promise that Jesus gave us in Matthew 6:25-33. In my experience, I did take this teaching seriously and quit my job, and I went into all the world and preached the gospel, along with forsaking all of my material possessions (Luke 14:33). I lacked and still don't lack any of my daily necessities. God's promises are reliable and true.

When you went out and preached the gospel, did you go alone or with another brother/sister?

In peace

Was your version of the Gospel the correct one? Was it faith in the Shed Blood at the Cross plus nothing for Salvation, or was it Jesus Saves BUT once you know that you have to do something ?Like keeping the Commandments, or living the Christian life, or repenting of sins- especially willful sins before you die,lest you be damned?Many preach a weak Gospel or even a perverted Gospel and don’t know it.God ain’t gonna bless that.No accusations are being made—- Its just important that we know if your doctrine is or is not in error.

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Was your version of the Gospel the correct one? Was it faith in the Shed Blood at the Cross plus nothing for Salvation, or was it Jesus Saves BUT once you know that you have to do something ?Like keeping the Commandments, or living the Christian life, or repenting of sins- especially willful sins before you die,lest you be damned?Many preach a weak Gospel or even a perverted Gospel and don’t know it.God ain’t gonna bless that.No accusations are being made—- Its just important that we know if your doctrine is or is not in error.

By what standard do we use to determine which Gospel is in error?

Matthew 21:42-44, "

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

“‘The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
    and it is marvelous in our eyes’?

43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.

Matthew 7:24-27, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

If our Gospel isn't built upon the rock of Jesus, then our house is build on sand; it will fall.

1 Peter 2:4-8,"

As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For in Scripture it says:

“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him (who is this person we are suppose to trust?)
    will never be put to shame.”[b]

Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone,”[c]

and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall.”

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for."

Notice here that those that stumble are the ones that disobeyed the message. Who's message are we suppose to obey? Who is the cornerstone of our faith?

Indeed, many people do preach a perverted Gospel, so understanding who's Gospel we must obey, is important now, more than ever.

In peace

Paul’s  Gospel , given to him by Jesus, is the Gospel that saves in this Age of Grace.It is found in 1cor15:1-4.Simply believe that Jesus died for your sins and that He rose from the grave after three days and you will be saved.It is a gospel of Grace, and if one adds to it with works , you have perverted it and the Cross of Jesus is of no benefit to you.Pauls Gospel is what God will judge us by and it is hidden from those that perish..This is the Gospel message that God will bless. Is this the gospel,that you preach?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

To quote Paul:

That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.  Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.  2 Cor 11:17, 18

I'm a missionary in a third world country, God called me here with three conditions, I was to come on a one way ticket, I wasn't to have any legal papers that would allow me to stay longer than the three month tourist visa provided with my plane ticket and I wasn't to accept any money from my church or any individual, ...He supernaturally naturally provided a one way ticket for me because it's impossible for a foreigner to even board the plane in California let alone come here with out a return rip ticket, ...I paid for it with the MONEY I earned working, He provided me with a Carte de Sejour which one of the requirements is I must present a valid return trip ticket to initially receive one and every year thereafter for renewal, ...which they never ask me for the seven years before Father provided me with French Citizenship, I boarded the plane in San Francisco without a penny in my pocket because my plane ticket took every cent I had, ...within just a few days of my arrival here He provided me with odd jobs as a handyman so that I had MONEY to buy food, I've been here 28 years this April and I've worked almost every weekday and some Saturdays and Holidays for MONEY, ...I've slept on benches and I've rented apartments, I've bought my food with the MONEY He provided for me through work and I've eaten off of the Land bananas, Mangoes, I've fished for my meals, Father has healed me many times over the years supernaturally, ...I came here legally blind, wearing glasses and three years ago He healed my vision, I'm now 20/20, I ruptured two discs in my back and He healed them overnight, He also has healed me by going to doctors and receiving their care which I paid for with the MONEY I had earned from the work He has provided for me all of these years, He introduced me to my Eve, who lived on a different island than I did, who had been praying 12 years for an American husband, we bought a piece of property and built our home on it with the MONEY we earned from the work Father has provided for us, we have bought many vehicles in the 23 years we've been married with the MONEY He provided for us, we buy our food, pay our bills and pay our tithes with His MONEY from the work He has provided for us.

For I am a sinner saved only by and through His Grace, ...to my God and Father be the GLORY, great things He has accomplished in my life!

And the question you were asked and didn't answer...the Gospel we preach is:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  Rom 1:16

• This is Worthy 1

16 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

To quote Paul:

That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.  Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.  2 Cor 11:17, 18

I'm a missionary in a third world country, God called me here with three conditions, I was to come on a one way ticket, I wasn't to have any legal papers that would allow me to stay longer than the three month tourist visa provided with my plane ticket and I wasn't to accept any money from my church or any individual, ...He supernaturally naturally provided a one way ticket for me because it's impossible for a foreigner to even board the plane in California let alone come here with out a return rip ticket, ...I paid for it with the MONEY I earned working, He provided me with a Carte de Sejour which one of the requirements is I must present a valid return trip ticket to initially receive one and every year thereafter for renewal, ...which they never ask me for the seven years before Father provided me with French Citizenship, I boarded the plane in San Francisco without a penny in my pocket because my plane ticket took every cent I had, ...within just a few days of my arrival here He provided me with odd jobs as a handyman so that I had MONEY to buy food, I've been here 28 years this April and I've worked almost every weekday and some Saturdays and Holidays for MONEY, ...I've slept on benches and I've rented apartments, I've bought my food with the MONEY He provided for me through work and I've eaten off of the Land bananas, Mangoes, I've fished for my meals, Father has healed me many times over the years supernaturally, ...I came here legally blind, wearing glasses and three years ago He healed my vision, I'm now 20/20, I ruptured two discs in my back and He healed them overnight, He also has healed me by going to doctors and receiving their care which I paid for with the MONEY I had earned from the work He has provided for me all of these years, He introduced me to my Eve, who lived on a different island than I did, who had been praying 12 years for an American husband, we bought a piece of property and built our home on it with the MONEY we earned from the work Father has provided for us, we have bought many vehicles in the 23 years we've been married with the MONEY He provided for us, we buy our food, pay our bills and pay our tithes with His MONEY from the work He has provided for us.

For I am a sinner saved only by and through His Grace, ...to my God and Father be the GLORY, great things He has accomplished in my life!

And the question you were asked and didn't answer...the Gospel we preach is:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  Rom 1:16

It sounds like you were very sincere in following the leading from God. That is commendable.

One thing I've noticed in my walk with Christ is the temptation to become complacent. Complacent in learning more about God and following Him. We hold onto yesterday thinking this is what God wants of me today. Consequently, we spiritually close our ears to further revelation to God.

Consider the story of Abraham. God told Abraham to sacrifice issac. He walked all the way up to the mountain about to kill His son until God told him to stop. Notice, God gave him a revelation, Abraham followed it, but Abraham was open enough to hear God change his mind and give a new revelation for God's will.

Sadly, most of us today (including myself) live off one revelation that we perceived to be from God, and stop there... God mouth is gagged because of our complacency. God isn't a God to over throw our free will. However, he will send messengers to us to give us the message that we are choosing not to hear. Some they will scorn, others they will persecute, some they will kill, all for the purpose of shutting them up.

They might of have an excuse for their sin when they were ignorant, but Jesus spoke clearly when he said, "If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin."

Truth in the end will prevail and our conscience will prick us of the truth is we are willing to listen to it and not seer it like those that oppose the truth.

In peace

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul’s  Gospel , given to him by Jesus, is the Gospel that saves in this Age of Grace.It is found in 1cor15:1-4.Simply believe that Jesus died for your sins and that He rose from the grave after three days and you will be saved.It is a gospel of Grace, and if one adds to it with works , you have perverted it and the Cross of Jesus is of no benefit to you.Pauls Gospel is what God will judge us by and it is hidden from those that perish..This is the Gospel message that God will bless. Is this the gospel,that you preach?

Often people turn to people that tickle the ears, rather than those that give the hard truth. Why? Because they don't love the truth. They love the approval of others and to be spoken good of by men.

Within this perverted false grace teaching that the church has come up with is exactly what Jesus spoke about to the teachers in his time.

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

They created a doctrine that invariably elevates Paul above Jesus. They have gagged the Son of God and put Paul as the replacement. They say we follow Paul and his words. His words are the true gospel and words of eternal life. Jesus' words cannot compare to Paul's words. Therefore let us follow Paul and leave Jesus. Paul's own words will condemn you:

Galatians 1:8-9, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

1 Corinthians 1:10-13, "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.  Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

This is the fruit of such a perverted grace teaching that the church has used to deceive the hearts of those that seek after God. Don't be fooled there is nothing hidden that won't be uncovered. The secrets of our hearts will be made known, because He that watches knows all and understands all.

Jesus alone has God's stamp of approval. His gospel is the gospel I preach. The one that says we must obey the words of the Son of God and do the will of His Father. Those that use Paul to justify disobedience to the Word of God will be likened to a foolish man who build his house upon sand. For it was not based on the rock of Jesus' teachings (Matthew 7:24).

Mark 8:38, "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Come Lord Jesus! Amen.

In peace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

It sounds like you were very sincere in following the leading from God. That is commendable.

One thing I've noticed in my walk with Christ is the temptation to become complacent. Complacent in learning more about God and following Him.

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think I would call it sincere so much as I call it faith, Father spoke to  my heart and there wasn't any doubt in my mind as to what I was to do, it was like a fire burning in me that wouldn't be quenched until I was here, and that is exactly what happened, ...the uncertainty set in after I arrived, not that if I was to be here, but rather, what was I do do now that I was, ...have no doubt I was a babe in Christ, all I knew is people need Jesus, so I arranged a Evangelical meeting, found the place, contacted an interpreter and set the date, everyone was very excited, I assumed it was to hear the Gospel, but is was because an American was on the island, ...no one showed up, not even the interpreter, ...I fell on my knees before Father and asked Him what was wrong, ...what must I do? He gave me this verse:

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zech 4:6

So then I asked Him what He wanted me to do, His response:

...that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work (to make MONEY to support yourself) with your own hands..., 1 Thes 4:11 

so I replied, "Father, then by Your Spirit provide work for me," and He is and has been faithful all of these 28 years.

I don't live off of that one revelation, as you call it, so long ago, many years ago Jesus taught the significance of His Name, I AM, for years I thought and prayed it was I GIVE,  ...give me what I'm praying for and I'll do it for you, WRONG..., like you said so many make the same mistake, then the Spirit taught me:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;  John 14:15, 16

Notice Jesus said Comforter and not Life, when I was born again the Holy Spirit came and took up residence in me and I became a new creation in Christ with the Holy Spirit living inside of me and being my Life, when, in my heart I admitted I couldn't keep His commandants in my own carnal, fleshly power, Father sent/empowered the Spirit to do that for me, ...when I gave up my so called free will (which is directed and empowered by my carnal nature) and submitted to the Holy Spirit being the authority in my life to guide and direct my walk I started to walk in the Spirit, as Paul calls it and I am comforted in my life and walk with my Lord.

My pastor taught me that any weird doctrine that contradicts the Word of God was not taught to me by the Holy Spirit, but by some man, ...why, ...because I would never come to that conclusion just by simply reading the Word, ...it had to be taught to me by some man, ...so, ...like you said, ...may I humbly suggest in the love of Christ you test your first revelation and ask the Holy Spirit to come and take authority in your life, ask Him to take His rightful place on the Throne of your heart to guide you in the walk (to give you a job so that you can make MONEY, that way you can bless others with the fruit of your hands that Father has provided for you and not just with your mouth James 1:26, 3:5, 6 after all, it came in a cage)  that has been prepared for you before the foundation of the world.

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Often people turn to people that tickle the ears, rather than those that give the hard truth. Why? Because they don't love the truth. They love the approval of others and to be spoken good of by men.

Within this perverted false grace teaching that the church has come up with is exactly what Jesus spoke about to the teachers in his time.

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

They created a doctrine that invariably elevates Paul above Jesus. They have gagged the Son of God and put Paul as the replacement. They say we follow Paul and his words. His words are the true gospel and words of eternal life. Jesus' words cannot compare to Paul's words. Therefore let us follow Paul and leave Jesus. Paul's own words will condemn you:

Galatians 1:8-9, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

1 Corinthians 1:10-13, "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.  Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

This is the fruit of such a perverted grace teaching that the church has used to deceive the hearts of those that seek after God. Don't be fooled there is nothing hidden that won't be uncovered. The secrets of our hearts will be made known, because He that watches knows all and understands all.

Jesus alone has God's stamp of approval. His gospel is the gospel I preach. The one that says we must obey the words of the Son of God and do the will of His Father. Those that use Paul to justify disobedience to the Word of God will be likened to a foolish man who build his house upon sand. For it was not based on the rock of Jesus' teachings (Matthew 7:24).

Mark 8:38, "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Come Lord Jesus! Amen.

In peace

And count lthe patience of our Lord as salvation, just as mour beloved brother Paul also wrote to you naccording to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, pas they do the other Scriptures.

If the writings of Paul were good enough to get Peter’s blessing, they are good enough for me also. All Scripture is “God Breathed”—- that includes Paul.Did Paul perform miracles and raise the dead without the blessing and power of God?

Let me see if I can make myself clear......Jesus was God in a tent of human flesh......he was without sin......he was perfect......he was full of love and compassion.....when He Shed His Blood on the Cross, it was so pleasing to God the Father That He made it the full payment for every sin ever committed. Now, by comparison Paul was nothing but a low- life lost sinner, just like you and I.The. Bible says that Paul was chosen before he was even born to be what he became— God’s chosen vessel to deliver the Good News to the Gentiles.Nothing But a microphone for Jesus to reveal the Mysteries That were hidden for Millenia.God saw that everything that was required for the Salvation Of man was accomplished by His Son, the Creator and Lord of the universe.Paul was nothing but a wretched sinner that got lucky by God  choosing him as a spokesman for Christ after His Ascension.His wickedness is the reason God used him.People now can be encouraged by that fact.Many people I know will not come to Jesus because they think they have gone too far in their sin to be saved .I just point out the sins of Paul before he was saved.I ask people if they ever killed women and children or tortured or stoned people because they disliked their religion.Usually the answer is “ no”. So, I hope I have made myself clear—— Paul was a scumbag,Jesus was perfect.Do you still think I am trying to elevate Paul? Paul later became a man of love and faith—- ONLY by the grace of Jesus.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think I would call it sincere so much as I call it faith, Father spoke to  my heart and there wasn't any doubt in my mind as to what I was to do, it was like a fire burning in me that wouldn't be quenched until I was here, and that is exactly what happened, ...the uncertainty set in after I arrived, not that if I was to be here, but rather, what was I do do now that I was, ...have no doubt I was a babe in Christ, all I knew is people need Jesus, so I arranged a Evangelical meeting, found the place, contacted an interpreter and set the date, everyone was very excited, I assumed it was to hear the Gospel, but is was because an American was on the island, ...no one showed up, not even the interpreter, ...I fell on my knees before Father and asked Him what was wrong, ...what must I do? He gave me this verse:

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zech 4:6

So then I asked Him what He wanted me to do, His response:

...that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work (to make MONEY to support yourself) with your own hands..., 1 Thes 4:11 

so I replied, "Father, then by Your Spirit provide work for me," and He is and has been faithful all of these 28 years.

I don't live off of that one revelation, as you call it, so long ago, many years ago Jesus taught the significance of His Name, I AM, for years I thought and prayed it was I GIVE,  ...give me what I'm praying for and I'll do it for you, WRONG..., like you said so many make the same mistake, then the Spirit taught me:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;  John 14:15, 16

Notice Jesus said Comforter and not Life, when I was born again the Holy Spirit came and took up residence in me and I became a new creation in Christ with the Holy Spirit living inside of me and being my Life, when, in my heart I admitted I couldn't keep His commandants in my own carnal, fleshly power, Father sent/empowered the Spirit to do that for me, ...when I gave up my so called free will (which is directed and empowered by my carnal nature) and submitted to the Holy Spirit being the authority in my life to guide and direct my walk I started to walk in the Spirit, as Paul calls it and I am comforted in my life and walk with my Lord.

My pastor taught me that any weird doctrine that contradicts the Word of God was not taught to me by the Holy Spirit, but by some man, ...why, ...because I would never come to that conclusion just by simply reading the Word, ...it had to be taught to me by some man, ...so, ...like you said, ...may I humbly suggest in the love of Christ you test your first revelation and ask the Holy Spirit to come and take authority in your life, ask Him to take His rightful place on the Throne of your heart to guide you in the walk (to give you a job so that you can make MONEY, that way you can bless others with the fruit of your hands that Father has provided for you and not just with your mouth James 1:26, 3:5, 6 after all, it came in a cage)  that has been prepared for you before the foundation of the world.

Lord bless 

This fellow is not seeing this clearly at all .    I left my old job , but  I stated my own work with my own two hands .   

It is not a sin to work , and yes I get paid by those I work .    Let him that steal , steal no more , but rather labour working with his own hands that he might not lack

and so he can Give to those without .     JESUS never commanded folks to go and work no more .  He said go and sin no more .

And the apostels ,  yeah they left their jobs , to start the work of His ministry .   Some eat of the flock , others work and give aide to those in need or to those who teach .

This fellow is not seeing things clear .    If he left his job and is going town to town with the gospel , then amen , and GOD will provide .

But to tell folks they cant work clean jobs ,  man that needs to get stopped .   However , in the days ahead wont any of us be working anyway .

We going to be cast out , and that mark ITS at the door .    SO work , but don't fear to lose anything .   Just work unto the LORD and give to any who lacks .