• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi all

I was born again in February 1978.  In about 5 days I will be 41 years old in the Lord.  Easter Sunday 1978 I was baptised in water.  In May 1978 I was praying by my bedside on my knees when the Holy Spirit fell upon me and I began speaking in another language.  This experience with God was unmistakeable to me - it was accompanied by two visions God gave me.  I have only ever had one other vision in my whole 41 years of knowing Our Great, Marvelous and Wonderful Saviour, and look to the Giver of the gifts; not the gifts themselves.  I do not look for visions but wait upon God for everything He has for me.  I still pray in the Spirit and no one can convince me this is not God's language for me in which I can express myself to Him when the English language cannot adequately fill that prayer.  I believe God will trust His children with gifts but we must be 100% responsible to honour Him with reverence and awe as we use that which He has entrusted us with.  He is Holy; make sure we don't waste or misuse anything He gives us.

Of course we must first be born again, believe in and love God with all our hearts, desire above all to serve Him and honour Him in all our ways.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@SisterActs2 :)Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. 

5 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Of course we must first be born again, believe in and love God with all our hearts, desire above all to serve Him and honour Him in all our ways.

:amen:Sound advice for all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1955

oh, for sure, satan is always out there to distort, confuse and complicate things. The GOD given gifts are always under attack.  All are bound up in LOVE....love for the ones desiring them, love from our Heavenly Father who gives them freely, and love from the ones who utilize them in their daily walk in CHRIST.  When you think about it, historically, it is the man made ideologies that have always plagued and messed up the beautiful gifts to begin with!  I have attended services where I witnessed a 5 yr old simply pray, pure and sweetly and innocently and layed his hands upon people that wanted a fresh infilling and healing touch from GOD and in faith, they were healed and got their hearts desires met! 

Is this so complicated to understand?  All of us, one day, when in heaven, will speak another 'new' language and even have a new name in glory.  How do you think we will sit down and chit chat with our BIBLICAL heroes?  A private prayer tongue or a spoken word coming from another language is just a preview or dress rehearsal for what is to come. Hallelujah!!!!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,053
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Like I've said in every tongue thread … 

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

This is clearly the pathway that God's Word provides in living for Him … so clearly the tongues issue bypasses this and forces one to rely upon experience as the validator of the things of God. The bottom line for those who experience tongues 'I feel it is from God'; however this cannot be validated by the very thing God assures us is complete for all living unto Him... I am sure that if one understands this issue and discontinues the practice they will not be chided by God for such is placing His Word above all else in this place even our own feelings through experience! This the initial rubber meets the road so to speak: I am saved not because I feel I am but because God's Word says I am! This is the foundation of s/Spirit as it is built entirely upon the things that do not pass away

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/04/1955

I understand from centuries of 'misunderstandings' of this single gift of TONGUES, you come up with this. Truly, it is just one of several things that old satan enjoys offering CONFUSION as a side dish. Yes, there are those who only try to validate one's salvation by the utilizing the gift of tongues only..which is sad.  Our Father dispenses gifts upon His children as HE wills...knowing which is best for each individual. I have known some Christians who operate totally within perhaps ONE gift..and then I've known others who operate and utilize all gifts of the spirit...HE puts upon us only that which we can handle at a certain time or level.  Keep in mind, Stephen, the first Christian martyr....was a teenager when he was stoned and look at the marvelous use of his spiritual gifts!  I see all 9 gifts as being very personal .... a close connection between flesh being infilled and nurtured by His Spirit.  One gift is no higher than another...and that seems to be the issue here with 'tongues' sadly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JC4me said:

I understand from centuries of 'misunderstandings' of this single gift of TONGUES, you come up with this. Truly, it is just one of several things that old satan enjoys offering CONFUSION as a side dish. Yes, there are those who only try to validate one's salvation by the utilizing the gift of tongues only..which is sad.  Our Father dispenses gifts upon His children as HE wills...knowing which is best for each individual. I have known some Christians who operate totally within perhaps ONE gift..and then I've known others who operate and utilize all gifts of the spirit...HE puts upon us only that which we can handle at a certain time or level.  Keep in mind, Stephen, the first Christian martyr....was a teenager when he was stoned and look at the marvelous use of his spiritual gifts!  I see all 9 gifts as being very personal .... a close connection between flesh being infilled and nurtured by His Spirit.  One gift is no higher than another...and that seems to be the issue here with 'tongues' sadly.

I would carefully recheck all you are building upon as the flesh is not redeemed and we are to be of Spirit not of flesh …. God's Word must be more to us than this life itself as indicated by temptations of The Christ!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant:

Knowledge of the gifts is a good thing and ignorance of them should be corrected.

But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

We are exhorted to earnestly desire the gifts...especially the "best" ones.

Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

Again, an exhortation to desire the gifts, and the "best of the best" is identified :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

KJV

This is clearly the pathway that God's Word provides in living for Him … so clearly the tongues issue bypasses this and forces one to rely upon experience as the validator of the things of God. The bottom line for those who experience tongues 'I feel it is from God'; however this cannot be validated by the very thing God assures us is complete for all living unto Him... I am sure that if one understands this issue and discontinues the practice they will not be chided by God for such is placing His Word above all else in this place even our own feelings through experience!

Speaking in tongues, like every gift of the Holy Spirit bestowed upon a believer as He sees fit, like everything that is part of the inheritance of God's children, is received by faith.  It most assuredly does not force anyone to rely upon experience as the validator of anything.  Tongues, like everything else, needs to be tested against Scripture which is the sole authority for everything for the Believer.  

Jas 1:17 KJV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

23 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

KJV

This is clearly the pathway that God's Word provides in living for Him … so clearly the tongues issue bypasses this and forces one to rely upon experience as the validator of the things of God. The bottom line for those who experience tongues 'I feel it is from God'; however this cannot be validated by the very thing God assures us is complete for all living unto Him... I am sure that if one understands this issue and discontinues the practice they will not be chided by God for such is placing His Word above all else in this place even our own feelings through experience! This the initial rubber meets the road so to speak: I am saved not because I feel I am but because God's Word says I am! This is the foundation of s/Spirit as it is built entirely upon the things that do not pass away

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.

Let all things be done decently and in order.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

Speaking in tongues, like every gift of the Holy Spirit bestowed upon a believer as He sees fit, like everything that is part of the inheritance of God's children, is received by faith.

Interesting concept you hold … however God says

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

as the majority of tongues today is non-interpretive thus is cannot be understood any other way but by feelings through experience -thus- how can it provide faith?

It most assuredly does not force anyone to rely upon experience as the validator of anything.

Really? I don't think you have really thought this through have you?

Tongues, like everything else, needs to be tested against Scripture which is the sole authority for everything for the Believer.  

If it is interpreted then this is possible for the communication to be examined by The Word of God... that is why all tongues use in public is to be interpreted and if not interpreted it is to be silenced!