• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, enoob57 said:

You have not engaged with me in Scripture and you failed to answer my question: How do you take noncommunicable practice of tongues in a public arena and prove they are of God with Scripture? 

I have given you several Scriptures.  I am done with this conversation.  Have a good day, my friend.  I will pray that the Lord grants you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation into the knowledge of Him [Eph 1:17] ... especially with respect to this topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,815
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

32 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

God's Spirit will most assuredly cause a Believer to *KNOW* ... NOT by feelings, but by virtue of this Gift of Discernment

This is just dancing around but is internally arrived at by what... you say not feelings but by gift of discernment and does this discernment come from Scripture or inside of one's own heart?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

You have not engaged with me in Scripture and you failed to answer my question: How do you take noncommunicable practice of tongues in a public arena and prove they are of God with Scripture? 

With this, I am also done here.  Neither of us have supported or implied that improper use of spiritual gifts, tongues or any  other, is acceptable.  The Bible itself condemns it!  Your argumentation not only denies the Word you claim is your  life but it is dishonest.

If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.  But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.

There IS no condemnation of speaking in tongues but there IS exhortation against use of the wrong kind out side it's divinely appointed setting.

Good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Called Out One said:

I have given you several Scriptures.  I am done with this conversation.  Have a good day, my friend.  I will pray that the Lord grants you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation into the knowledge of Him [Eph 1:17] ... especially with respect to this topic.

Failing to communicate through written dialogue and not answering questions put to you has been non productive anyway … when a thing is internally arrived at -that authority lies there and this is when The Scriptures should in fact examine what that is exactly... Trust will never be eternal until it is foundation-ed upon God's Word Itself 'It is written' was The Lord's favorite reply :)   

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

With this, I am also done here.  Neither of us have supported or implied that improper use of spiritual gifts, tongues or any  other, is acceptable.  The Bible itself condemns it!  Your argumentation not only denies the Word you claim is your  life but it is dishonest.

This is just emotional discharge with personal attack... but that is ok as I see you investment in your emotions are being threatened..

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

There IS no condemnation of speaking in tongues but there IS exhortation against use of the wrong kind out side it's divinely appointed setting.

Good day.

so if one speaks in a public arena without interpretation there is no condemnation to do so? 

25 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Then we have no disagreement.

The exactly right if tongues were followed and used by The Scriptures design it would not be an issue within any body of believers!

24 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

I very strongly commend your desire to have the Word to be your all.  All I am asking you is not to condemn others who have the SAME EXACT desire as you do; especially those who choose to do what the Bible explicitly says we can and should do ... i.e. seek spriitual gifts ... and NOT to forbid the speaking in tongues ... solely based upon the fact that *some* abuse the gifts, or because satan's minions counterfeit them.  

You really never caught on to the purpose of my dialogue to you about your source: for it  can only be of Scripture or other and Scripture is what we all should be striving toward not what we or anything else apart from Scripture persuades....

1 hour ago, Called Out One said:

I do not see anything in the Scriptures that qualifies this commandment to only the first christians.  All of us are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.  And exactly as He did in the past, He still continues to accompany the preaching of the full Gospel with signs, wonders and miracles.

You mean other than the obvious of it's first coming into being :) context is everything in understanding God's Word... take any written material out of the context it is in and it can mean anything...

4 hours ago, Called Out One said:

I do not see anything in the Scriptures that qualifies this commandment to only the first christians.  All of us are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.  And exactly as He did in the past, He still continues to accompany the preaching of the full Gospel with signs, wonders and miracles.

I believer all denominations have language schools today don't they?

4 hours ago, Jostler said:

sorry friend, you cannot speak enough words to convince me that one single verse of HIS Word cancels out another.   I responded to that Word with a desire to correct my ignorance of spiritual gifts at one point and I made a detailed study of the topic so I do feel I have at least some insight into the topic.  One verse is enough.

Isa 28:10-11

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
KJV