• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, enoob57 said:

Interesting concept you hold … however God says

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

as the majority of tongues today is non-interpretive thus is cannot be understood any other way but by feelings through experience -thus- how can it provide faith?

Really? I don't think you have really thought this through have you?

If it is interpreted then this is possible for the communication to be examined by The Word of God... that is why all tongues use in public is to be interpreted and if not interpreted it is to be silenced! 

My "concept" is nothing but Scripture ... Jesus said that when He went to the Father, He would ask the Father to send us His Holy Spirit.  

When the Holy Spirit disburses His gifts ... it is exactly that ... a gift ... to be used as He sees fit, when He sees fit to bestow it upon His children.  None of that is based upon feelings.  It is based upon faith and obedience to God's Word to seek His gifts for the benefit of the rest of His Body.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,806
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Jostler said:
Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.

Let all things be done decently and in order.

Understanding the transition from OT law to NT grace and the need to start the seed in the world

Mark 16:15

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
KJV

as this was required in the immediate of them God lifted the restrictions of Babel from them to enable them their obedience to Him... the initial seed was of such then but now we have language schools translations etc.  One must study God's Word to rightly divide the truth. Sadly many just quote without any depth of context and proclaim only error in doing so!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4

Just now, enoob57 said:

Understanding the transition from OT law to NT grace and the need to start the seed in the world

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
KJV

as this was required in the immediate of them God lifted the restrictions of Babel from them to enable them their obedience to Him... the initial seed was of such then but now we have language schools translations etc.  One must study God's Word to rightly divide the truth. Sadly many just quote without any depth of context and proclaim only error in doing so!

I do not see anything in the Scriptures that qualifies this commandment to only the first christians.  All of us are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.  And exactly as He did in the past, He still continues to accompany the preaching of the full Gospel with signs, wonders and miracles.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

KJV

sorry friend, you cannot speak enough words to convince me that one single verse of HIS Word cancels out another.   I responded to that Word with a desire to correct my ignorance of spiritual gifts at one point and I made a detailed study of the topic so I do feel I have at least some insight into the topic.  One verse is enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

My "concept" is nothing but Scripture ... Jesus said that when He went to the Father, He would ask the Father to send us His Holy Spirit.  

When the Holy Spirit disburses His gifts ... it is exactly that ... a gift ... to be used as He sees fit, when He sees fit to bestow it upon His children.  None of that is based upon feelings.  It is based upon faith and obedience to God's Word to seek His gifts for the benefit of the rest of His Body.

None of this address what I have said... 

5 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

None of that is based upon feelings.  It is based upon faith and obedience to God's Word to seek His gifts for the benefit of the rest of His Body.

Explain to me then how you verify this … when it is the communicated Word with uncommunicated activity?

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

sorry friend, you cannot speak enough words to convince me that one single verse of HIS Word cancels out another.   I responded to that Word with a desire to correct my ignorance of spiritual gifts at one point and I made a detailed study of the topic so I do feel I have at least some insight into the topic.  One verse is enough.

I understand this of you and most who practice tongues are such... but that does not change the fact that non-communicable activity cannot be verified as from God through His Word period... it is what it is and people should realize this distinction in it's use... 'I feel it is of God' is the best that one can do with it!

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

None of this address what I have said... 

Explain to me then how you verify this … when it is the communicated Word with uncommunicated activity?

It is very easily verified.  ANY interpreted tongque which does not line up with God's Word is obviously a fake tongue.  The devil most assuredly counterfeits everything that God does.  Just because there are counterfeits, does not negate the fact that there are true gifts ... in fact, the very existence of counterfeits proves the existence of the authentic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I understand this of you and most who practice tongues are such... but that does not change the fact that non-communicable activity cannot be verified as from God through His Word period... it is what it is and people should realize this distinction in it's use... 'I feel it is of God' is the best that one can do with it!

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Again, one verse is enough.  The Bible teaches the characteristics of the VARIOUS types of tongues very clearly and your words have no power to cancel out His..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Called Out One said:

It is very easily verified.  ANY interpreted tongque which does not line up with God's Word is obviously a fake tongue.  The devil most assuredly counterfeits everything that God does.  Just because there are counterfeits, does not negate the fact that there are true gifts ... in fact, the very existence of counterfeits proves the existence of the authentic.

How do you line up that which is noncommunicable with written material?

There are likely some who do go by feelings.  Yet that does not negate the fact that another GIFT of the Holy Spirit is Discerning of Spirits.  When a false tongue is given, God's Spirit will most assuredly cause a Believer to *KNOW* ... NOT by feelings, but by virtue of this Gift of Discernment, to know that the tongue is false.  

I get it ... you don't speak in tongues ... nor do you want to ... that is all well and good ... but you should not condemn those who choose to seek and receive what the Bible clearly tells us we can and should.  To do so causes unnecessary divisions in the Body of Christ.  This ought not to be.

• Thumbs Up 1