• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Again, one verse is enough.  The Bible teaches the characteristics of the VARIOUS types of tongues very clearly and your words have no power to cancel out His..

all Scripture has other Scripture to increase understanding and when one is taken and the other left the balance of Scripture is undone

5 minutes ago, Jostler said:
For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1 Cor 14:19

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

as this increases the direction of The Spirit with tongues … would you say the church is in line with this desire today?

However the point I am making is reliance upon God is and should be completely upon Scripture and if tongues are used in public without interpretation it is not of God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

7 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

There are likely some who do go by feelings.  Yet that does not negate the fact that another GIFT of the Holy Spirit is Discerning of Spirits.  When a false tongue is given, God's Spirit will most assuredly cause a Believer to *KNOW* ... NOT by feelings, but by virtue of this Gift of Discernment, to know that the tongue is false.  

I get it ... you don't speak in tongues ... nor do you want to ... that is all well and good ... but you should not condemn those who choose to seek and receive what the Bible clearly tells us we can and should.  To do so causes unnecessary divisions in the Body of Christ.  This ought not to be.

spirits are to be tested by The Scriptures... tell me how you do this with noncommunicable tongues?

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

all Scripture has other Scripture to increase understanding and when one is taken and the other left the balance of Scripture is undone

1 Cor 14:19

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

as this increases the direction of The Spirit with tongues … would you say the church is in line with this desire today?

However the point I am making is reliance upon God is and should be completely upon Scripture and if tongues are used in public without interpretation it is not of God!

What is it you are condemning?  The gift of tongues or improper use of it?  Did you just move the goal posts on this discussion?  Earlier it seemed you were saying tongues was necessary at Pentecost but the transition to modern technology had nullified the need for them...apparently strongly implying if not directly stating the gifts had ceased in our day.

And why would someone  accusing others of taking  verses out of context fail to include verse 18, the verse *just* before the one you quoted.....for context?  Brother you are not teaching the Word, you are hammering a personal agenda....and it does not line up.

I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;

If you're interested I can show you very quickly where the Word very clearly and very precisely informs us *exactly* when these precious gifts will no longer be needed.   We are not there yet.  They are still necessary and still available to those who believe the Word over their own thoughts about it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, enoob57 said:

spirits are to be tested by The Scriptures... tell me how you do this with noncommunicable tongues?

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

Did you not see my post above with respect to the Holy Spirit giving Believers the spiritual GIFT of Discerning of Spirits?  Are there people in the  church today who abuse the Gifts?  Yes.  Are there counterfeit gifts?  Yes, there are.  Do that mean that ALL who speak in tongues are doing something against what the Bible teaches.   No, absolutely not.

It is clear you only want to condemn everyone who speaks in tongues, regardless of the fact that the Bible tells us we can and should seek to do so.  There is no point in any further discussion with you.  You have made up your mind, and there is no benefit in any further discussion.  

HAve a blessed day, my friend.

14 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

I get it ... you don't speak in tongues ... nor do you want to ... that is all well and good ... but you should not condemn those who choose to seek and receive what the Bible clearly tells us we can and should.  To do so causes unnecessary divisions in the Body of Christ.  This ought not to be.

No I don't think that you do get it …. I want God's Word to be absolutely all to my being! 'ALL' and to do so is to place the Scriptures in a spot greater than all of the 1st created event- more than my begin by first birth, more than my food, more than anything of that which passes away

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

as this is the eternal life exceeding past all this that is... even that which is next to the sin

Jude 23

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

as the instruction from our Lord

Luke 14:26-27

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
KJV

why this is so 

2 Peter 3:10-11

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV

This is why God's communicable Word 'IS' preeminent above all else and one should be moving in this direction or they are off the path!

11 minutes ago, Jostler said:

What is it you are condemning? 

The use of tongues in a public arena without interpretation...

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

The use of tongues in a public arena without interpretation...

Then we have no disagreement.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, enoob57 said:

No I don't think that you do get it …. I want God's Word to be absolutely all to my being! 'ALL' and to do so is to place the Scriptures in a spot greater than all of the 1st created event- more than my begin by first birth, more than my food, more than anything of that which passes away

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

as this is the eternal life exceeding past all this that is... even that which is next to the sin

Jude 23

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

as the instruction from our Lord

Luke 14:26-27

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
KJV

why this is so 

2 Peter 3:10-11

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV

This is why God's communicable Word 'IS' preeminent above all else and one should be moving in this direction or they are off the path!

I very strongly commend your desire to have the Word to be your all.  All I am asking you is not to condemn others who have the SAME EXACT desire as you do; especially those who choose to do what the Bible explicitly says we can and should do ... i.e. seek spriitual gifts ... and NOT to forbid the speaking in tongues ... solely based upon the fact that *some* abuse the gifts, or because satan's minions counterfeit them.  

9 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

Did you not see my post above with respect to the Holy Spirit giving Believers the spiritual GIFT of Discerning of Spirits?  Are there people in the  church today who abuse the Gifts?  Yes.  Are there counterfeit gifts?  Yes, there are.  Do that mean that ALL who speak in tongues are doing something against what the Bible teaches.   No, absolutely not.

It is clear you only want to condemn everyone who speaks in tongues, regardless of the fact that the Bible tells us we can and should seek to do so.  There is no point in any further discussion with you.  You have made up your mind, and there is no benefit in any further discussion.  

HAve a blessed day, my friend.

You have not engaged with me in Scripture and you failed to answer my question: How do you take noncommunicable practice of tongues in a public arena and prove they are of God with Scripture? 

3 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

I very strongly commend your desire to have the Word to be your all.  All I am asking you is not to condemn others who have the SAME EXACT desire as you do; especially those who choose to do what the Bible explicitly says we can and should do ... i.e. seek spriitual gifts ... and NOT to forbid the speaking in tongues ... solely based upon the fact that *some* abuse the gifts, or because satan's minions counterfeit them.  

There is hardly any better confirmation that something exists, than the existence of a counterfeit :)  Why would anyone spend the time, money or effort to counterfeit a $20.00 bill if there was no such thing as a real one?  :)   Yet we still "earnestly" desire as many real $20's as we can get :)  lol

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1