• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

First, I agree that God is working with Jews during the Church Age, in fact, I would argue that God is working with the entire world - including, Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics, Mormons, Adventists, and yes, even Atheists. The point is NOT that Jews and Christians are separate, or that God has only focused His attention on the Church in last 2000 years. You said Michael has been standing up protecting the Jewish remnant (must be the remnant, because they were nearly wiped out) since the first century. That would mean that Dan. 12:1 then comes right after the events of the first century (AoD, etc..) - I know you do NOT agree with that, and that is why you have to invent the idea of Michael "standing aside" during the tribulation period. I and others have shown you wrong on the idea of "standing aside".

Do you even believe that there will be a literal 1000 years that is specifically in place for the Jewish people and NOT the church (which is the New Jerusalem)? 

You said.." "Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded." Even though Israel is elect in the sense that God chose them from among all the other nations to be a people to bear His name, it is only those who believed among that nation who are truly the elect."

You are saying the SAME thing we are  with one exception.... You are saying BOTH at the same time. Israel (the Jews) are a "chosen people" from all the nations in the world, AND you are also saying "elect" ONLY refers to those who accept Jesus. In your post, you said chosen and elect are the SAME thing, but only when you say so.

You used, Matt. 24 &25 as well as parallel accounts in Mark and Luke, but all those references would be attached to Jews and NOT the Church Age believers if one understands that all those refer to events in the first century (when the "Church" was notably Jewish) and the tribulation period (after the Church is gone). Now, we see why you and others are so stiff-necked on the AoD and the 70th week debate.

When the "elect" are gathered, they are gathered by whom? The "angels"!

When the rapture occurs, believers are gathered by whom? Jesus!

These are two separate events in the Bible.

You mentioned Rev. 12 and Satan being cast down. Yes, the "elect" are gathered at the end of the tribulation as all ready shown.

You said, "Christians are rescued at the 6th seal and Joel 2:31". Yes, the rapture BEFORE the tribulation.

You said the elect and the chosen are the same. YES, Jesus, the apostles, and believing Jews are ALL examples of Jewish believers who are given a special calling or purpose by God.

You said non-believing Jews are "blinded" and "deceivable", correct, but the believing Jews are NOT - just like believing gentiles. 

Luke 18:7 actually does refer to Jews and not Christians as you propose.

All other NT mentions are spoken to believing Jews who are part of the generation that will experience the horrors of 70ad - UNLESS THEY KNEW WHAT WAS COMING AND FLED TO THE MOUNTAINS right away. We have shown this to you before, but you refuse to accept the truth. The only people who survived the 70ad attack were Christians (believing Jews). 

You left out some key verses =

Isa. 45:3 "And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me."   

---Isa. 57 is the rapture and start of the tribulation--

--By this point in ch. 65, God is speaking of the Millennium and the promises made to Israel (not the Church) --

Isa 65:8 "Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.  (great winepress)

And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.   ("servants" = Christians. We are the first... they are the last)

10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.

Isa 65:22 "They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands." (Millennial promises for the JEWS)

Yes, Many are called (Christians), but few are chosen (set apart for a specific purpose). The nation of Israel and the Jewish believers are indeed set apart for a specific and important purpose AFTER the true believers are GONE and before the final tribulation begins. False teachers & prophets will still be here after the rapture and they will say that "in 3.5 years - the A/C will come to Jerusalem and proclaim to be the Messiah".

The 70th week is vitally important to make sure you have the calculations correct! Prove it to me and I will be with you and even "un-publish" my book! Will any of you authors out there make that claim also?

Greetings to all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

DSA, I didn't leave anything out. I showed you all the NT uses of elect, with the intention of showing you that only the believing will be partakers of the promises given to the fathers. Being an unbelieving Israelite ultimately profits nothing.

Let's define some terms. When saying tribulation what are you referring to? Do you believe that there is a 7 year period of cataclysmic events that you call the tribulation?

I believe in two future periods of tribulation as defined by the Scriptures. One where we are violently persecuted and one where are persecutors receive God's wrath poured out without mixture.

Mat 24:9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (thlipsis), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10  And then shall many be offended (fall away), and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat 24:23  Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

The word tribulation in Matt 24 is translated from "thlipsis" which refers to pressure, which is also translated as afflicted, anguish, burdened, persecution, and trouble. The tribulation that Christ speaks of in Matt 24 is the unprecedented persecution of the elect and Israel by the Beast. Jesus begins to describe it in verse 9 and continues to provide details until verse 29 when He speaks of the cosmic sign which He says comes immediately after it. This great tribulation is not the period of God's wrath, the period of God's wrath is the tribulation by God upon the earth dwellers. The great tribulation is the future unparalleled period of the persecution of Christians and Jews that takes place before Christ's parousia.

Paul explains what will end the persecution of the Church. It is Christ's return in vengeance upon those who will have been persecuting us. They will face tribulation from the Almighty at that time.

2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

We rest from persecution at Christ's coming (parousia).

Biblically there are two coming tribulation periods. The great tribulation focused upon those who are Christ's and the day of the Lord focussed upon those who worship the Beast, the earth dwellers.

DSA, you are wrong about Luke 18:7. Do your home work.

Luk 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8  I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Notice that the context is the coming (parousia) of Christ. Whom did John witness crying out the Lord to avenge their blood upon those who dwell upon the earth (their persecutors)?

Rev 6:9  And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10  And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11  And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The fifth seal comes before the sixth which records the cosmic sign and the arrival of Christ initiating the day of the Lord.

The further context of Luke 18:1-7 finds it coming on the heels of Luke 17 where Christ characterizes the surprise nature of His return to the unbelieving earth dwellers.

Luk 17:26  And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27  They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28  Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29  But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30  Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

There He indicates that the day of our rescue (rapture) is the day His wrath begins to fall upon the earth dwellers.

Glory be to Jesus Christ

7 hours ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

You said, "Christians are rescued at the 6th seal and Joel 2:31". Yes, the rapture BEFORE the tribulation.

DSA, it depends what you mean by tribulation. If you are referring to Paul's use of it in 2Thes 1:6 then you are correct. If you are referring to Christ's use of it in Matt 24 then you are wrong. My previous post explains what should be the obvious difference between the two.

2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Tribulation upon the beast worshipers after the rapture

Tribulation upon the elect before the rapture

Glory to Jesus Christ

Edited by Steve Conley

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 2/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

If the 69th week ends at the baptism, that means the 70th week began at that time. The cross then can be considered part of the 70 weeks prophecy which specifically gives a "set amount of time" in which the Jewish people must accomplish 6 very specific things. A rebuilt temple would in itself be a very huge abomination all by itself, and why would Satan want to upset that?

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

A 70th week outside of the cross goes against the context and purpose for the "determined" timeframe of the prophecy. If the 69th week ends at the cross, then I can accept a still future 7 years of unfulfilled prophecy, but no one can prove that. Also, making the 70th week about the A/C instead of Jesus - would be a very serious error, if what I am saying is correct - (let the reader understand).

About the trumpets - yes they are future but what do they represent?  And what is the timing of each and the vials?

"that means the 70th week began at that time"  No it does not! It may in your imagination though - but not in reality. Daniel shows the Messiah cut off AFTER the 69 but BEFORE the 70. Go back and read it again.  We KNOW the 70th week is future by the New Testament and especially by Revelation. It is NOT an error at all: did you read Rev. chapter 13? Is that about Christ - or the Beast? Did you notice when those in Judea flee? Did you notice when the trampling of the city will begin? Do you understand that is when the man of sin enters Jerusalem with His Gentile (think Muslim) armies? (he MUST arrive in Jerusalem because that is where the temple is that he will enter.)

Did you not read in the Old Testament that the DAy of the Lord is to destroy the earth and the sinners on the earth? The trumpet judgments begin systematically to destroy the earth. The vials continue it. Both the trumpets and the vials are included in the Day of the Lord.  Just one trumpet judgment takes out 1/3 of earth's population. That is GOD beginning to destroy the sinners on the earth.

The first 6 vials may well all be poured out in one hour....late in the week....to SHORTEN those days of great tribulation.

15 hours ago, Steve Conley said:

The tribulation that Christ speaks of in Matt 24 is the unprecedented persecution of the elect and Israel by the Beast. Jesus begins to describe it in verse 9 and continues to provide details until verse 29 when He speaks of the cosmic sign which He says comes immediately after it. This great tribulation is not the period of God's wrath, the period of God's wrath is the tribulation by God upon the earth dwellers. 

Steve, I wounder how you came up with this. I don't think it is scriptural at all. God's wrath begins at the 6th seal and continues on through the entire week, culminating in the vials. And Jesus surely has wrath when He descends to the battle of Armageddon. Therefore God's wrath goes from Rev. chapter 6 (the 6th seal) all the way to Rev. 19.  

Do the Jews dwell on the earth? You know they do.

Do the nations dwell on the earth? You know they do.

The Old Covenant tells us that the DAY is to destroy the earth and the sinners on the earth. But we know God's plan will be the rescue 1/3 of the Jews (Hebrews) while He is destroying the earth and the sinners on the earth.

Edited by iamlamad

6 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

You have uttered a non sequitur, your point does not logically follow what what I stated at all. I never stated that Elect are not gathered on earth also, I just pointed out we are gathered from Heaven in addition, like verse 31 says. Of course both are correct but only in the pre trib account.

Since we {Church} are in Heaven, naturally we are gathered from the four corners of Heaven.  And when we come back Jesus has to gather the ELECT from earth also !! So that jibes with the scriptures, but not with a post trib rapture, only with a pre trib rapture. You just posted a passage that agrees with the pre trib logic. The elect are gathered from Heaven AND from earth.  WHICH FITS THIS.

Rev. 19, we come back from Heaven with Jesus and MEN are still living on earth !!

Sorry, but Paul's "gathering" gathers from EARTH. The dead are under the earth and those alive are on the earth - but at the rapture both groups fly up into the air in resurrection bodies and toGETHER are raised up to meet Christ in the air. That, my friend, is Paul's gathering.

The gathering in Matthew 24 is probably God gathering the Jews and Hebrews from both heaven and earth. It will be over 7 years AFTER Paul's rapture.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, but Paul's "gathering" gathers from EARTH. The dead are under the earth and those alive are on the earth - but at the rapture both groups fly up into the air in resurrection bodies and toGETHER are raised up to meet Christ in the air. That, my friend, is Paul's gathering.

The gathering in Matthew 24 is probably God gathering the Jews and Hebrews from both heaven and earth. It will be over 7 years AFTER Paul's rapture.

The RAPTURE and the SECOND COMING are not the same event. As we return from Heaven we are thus gathered t make the return.

Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

19 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

The RAPTURE and the SECOND COMING are not the same event. As we return from Heaven we are thus gathered t make the return.

Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

If we look at this passage in Mark, the gathering is from the uttermost parts of heaven to the uttermost parts of earth. It is not God gathering the church to return to earth. Neither will God gather the remnants of the church still on earth back to Israel. This is God gathering the descendants of Jacob back to Israel.  Isaiah 27 talks about this gathering. Therefore I disagree with you.

9 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Steve, I would how you came up with this. I don't think it is scriptural at all. God's wrath begins at the 6th seal and continues on throught the entire week, culminating in the vials. And Jesus surely has wrath when He descends to the battle of Armageddon. Therefore God's wrath goes from Rev. chapter 6 (the 6th seal) all the way to Rev. 19.  

Do the Jews dwell on the earth? You know they do.

Do the nations dwell on the earth? You know they do.

The Old Covenant tells us that the DAY is to destroy the earth and the sinners on the earth. But we know God's plan will be the rescue 1/3 of the Jews (Hebrews) while He is destroying the earth and the sinners on the earth.

Mr. Mad, (I-am-la (French for "the")-mad, I'm sorry, but that is what I think when I see that name) what I presented is exactly what one will conclude when reading the text without being told ahead of time what to think about it. 

It is true that God's wrath begins after the 6th seal at the opening of the seventh and blowing of the first trumpet and continues on throughout the rest of the week, culminating in the vials. And Jesus surely has wrath when He descends to the battle of Armageddon. Therefore God's wrath goes from Rev. chapter 8 (the 1st trumpet) all the way to Rev. 19.

The day of the Lord begins after the opening of the sixth seal, but the wrath doesn't begin to fall until later that day after the 1/2 hour of silence in Heaven. At Christ's appearing, after the cosmic sign which John sees upon the opening of the sixth seal, the earth dwellers begin to hide and the saints are resurrected/changed and raptured. The day of the Lord begins with Christ's glorious appearing, the wrath falls after He has raptured the church and sealed the 144,000.

"Earth dwellers" (they that dwell upon the earth) is a technical term for those unbelieving Beast worshipers who persecute the elect. I try to be very intentional with every word I use, although undoubtedly there are times I misspeak. 

Many have wrong ideas about various terms used in eschatological passages. For instance, in Koine Greek, there are two primary words which communicate the idea of persecution. First, there is diōkō and its various forms which emphasize the fleeing or being pursued aspect of persecution. An example of this is:

2Ti 3:12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

The second Koine Greek word thlibō or thlipsis communicates the pressure aspect of persecution. An example of it is:

Act 11:19  Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

It is thlipsis that Jesus uses in Matt 24.

Mat 24:9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (thlipsis), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation (thlipsis), such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Mat 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation (thlipsis) of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

It is thlibō and thlipsis that Paul uses when writing to the Thessalonians.

2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation (thlipsis) to them that trouble (thlibō ) you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled (thlibō )  rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In this text, Paul mentions both the persecution that the elect suffers and the persecution (trouble, tribulation) that God will bring upon those who persecuted us.

This isn't that difficult. You just have to accept the fact the the wool has been pulled over your eyes in the past and now you need to embrace the truth.

Glory be unto Jesus Christ the Lord

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

If we look at this passage in Mark, the gathering is from the uttermost parts of heaven to the uttermost parts of earth. It is not God gathering the church to return to earth. Neither will God gather the remnants of the church still on earth back to Israel. This is God gathering the descendants of Jacob back to Israel.  Isaiah 27 talks about this gathering. Therefore I disagree with you.

The Church returns with Jesus from Heaven, the verse clearly states that those n Heaven are being gathered. If you want to read Mark be my guest, I am reading Matthew, and it's very clear, the elect are gathered from Heaven, we return with Christ to earth, just like Rev. 19 states. The Elect can't be gatherd from Heaven unless they are in Heaven. ow if you want to say Matthew was wrong, that is on you. 

Just now, Cletus said:

The Man of Lawlessness
2Th 2:1  Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

the antichrist comes first, the abomonation of desolation comes first, the great falling away comes first.... and Paul preached this in the first century.  the bible says so.  pre-trib fails again. 

i dont care about being right... but i do care about those who are thinking we wont be here for the great tribulation not being caught unaware by the day Jesus said is coming upon the world as a snare.  prepare your minds and heart now to face a refining fire... a time of tribulation worse than there ever was on earth before... as Jesus said.  prepare you heart to be ready to be like abraham and be willing to sacrifice you little ones instead of taking the mark of the beast because God is able to save them... prepare yourself to be like those three hebrew boys to say oh king we are not careful to answer thee... our God can and will deliver us from your hand and that firey furnace... but even if He wont we will not bow.... we will not serve your gods... prepare yourself like the five wise virgins who trimmed their lamps and took an extra vessel full of oil.  Amo 5:18  Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.  Amo 5:19  As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.  Amo 5:20  Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? .... a dark dark time lays ahead for the church... but you do not have to be afraid because He will be with us in the fire... just as Nebuchadnezzar found out... Dan 3:24  Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.Dan 3:25  He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

prepare your hearts now.  do you think it was not a sign when harvey hit corpus christi...which means the body of Christ?  God has been giving signs and even giving time to repent.  the day is appointed.  tomorrow is not promised.  Get ready.  even if you want to still say you believe in pretrib... prepare that if you are wrong and decide... settle it in your heart to serve God until your last breath, no matter what happens.  no compromise.  no turning back. ........  till the break of dawn. 

I see a problem: I am amazed you don't see it:

"except there come a falling away first"

you said:

"the antichrist comes first"

"the abomonation of desolation comes first"

"the great falling away comes first"

Why not just stick with what Paul wrote?  Did you consider the CONTEXT?  Paul tells us there is someone restraining the man of sin, preventing him from being revealed (As the Beast) before the proper time. Paul goes on to say that at the right time, the one restraining will be "taken out of the way." If we look close in verse 3, we see that the one restraining HAS BEEN "taken out of the way" for the man of sin IS revealed. 

Therefore in the first part of verse 3 there MUST BE a hint of something "taken out of the way." It can only be hidden in Paul's use of the word "apostasy."  The first several translations into English rendered that word"departing."  Here is Coverdale example:

"3 Let noman disceaue you by eny meanes. For the LORDE commeth not, excepte the departynge come first, and that that Man of synne be opened, euen the sonne of perdicion,"

Therefore  It is only ONE THING that comes first, as the one restraining is "taken out of the way" or is departing.  Notice that it  is not just any departing, it is THE departing - a very significant one. What is Paul's THEME for this passage? It is the rapture of the church or the "gathering." Paul is telling us that it is the CHURCH (the Holy Spirit working through the church) that is the restraining force - and when the church is "taken out of the way," then the man if sin will be revealed. 

The truth then is that Paul preached to them exactly what we read in 1 Thes: that the rapture will come just before the wrath of God in the start of the DAY of the Lord. And John shows us that the DAY starts before the entire 70th week starts - so absolutely before the midpoint when the man of sin is revealed. 

Did you not read in Daniel 9 that the 70th week is for HIS PEOPLE: the Jews and Hebrews? Did you not read in Daniel 12 that God's purpose for the 70th week is to completely shatter the power of Israel so that they will have no choice but to trust in God? God has no reason to subject the church to His wrath. Paul makes that clear. This is GOOD news, not bad, and it is comforting. That is why Paul told us to comfort one another: we are NOT going through God's wrath upon the Jews and an unrepentant world.