Sign in to follow this  
turtletwo

children

:)This thread is a tribute to the gift of children

and to the Giver of life from whence they came.

908862019_childrenareagiftfromtheLordbabyphoto.jpg.097c0990dd78f02d65328f7f5eef5b39.jpg

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

ALONG WITH THE BLESSING COMES A SACRED RESPONSIBILITY

579560708_trainupachildphotooflittleoneincoat.jpg.dad253fb4b2ad4e7b2b1950a715fb9b9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Children held a special place in the heart of Jesus.

I can just picture Him enjoying their company!

I'm sure He laughed with them.1523950376_JESUSLAUGHINGWITHTHELITTLECHILDRENANDSCRIPTURELETTHEMCOMEUTOME.jpg.7ec4f029ac5e84b94cb451acdd2480f2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

He may have even danced with them.

1115807951_JESUSDANCINGWITHCHILDREN.jpg.d1ae0ba9254ad89bbd24162a7a507360.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

The disciples actually saw it as 'bothering' Him.

As though He had more important things to do

than spend time with the little ones He made. :(

New Living Translation
"One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him."

• Loved it! 1

But dedicating them to the Lord was not enough. For that was only where things started.

From that point forward, it was necessary to practice Proverbs 22:6. I trained them up by sharing the gospel with them at an early age and teaching them the scriptures.

Church played a role in their spiritual upbringing. Sunday School (and VBS in the summer were important.) So was Christian music.

It is a privilege to raise these precious ones in the Lord's truths. But it is hard work, too :) as every Christian parent reading this knows. Challenging, exhausting... but so worth it. Praise God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

One thing God showed me is that kids learn more by example than by just words. If they see a double standard in our lives (ie we don't practice what we preach) how can we expect them to yield their own lives in obedience to the Lord? In keeping with this subject I found this and thought it explained it well

I like that old adage 

“Your actions speak so loudly, I can not hear what you are saying.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In keeping with this subject I found the following

and thought it explained it well:

1518751095_CHILDRENLEARNWHATTHEYLIVEIPOSTEDINMYTHREAD.jpg.19fdaa3041d13a096c58798616dcefba.jpg

• Loved it! 1

Our children are so vulnerable. This wicked world is like an octopus with tentacles out to grab them into its powerful grasp. 

Their best defense is an offense. So if saved at an early age, walking in holiness and grounded in the scriptures, they will stand a fighting chance.

A parent must make their children's salvation top priority. And even as we are diligent to see that they eat properly we must see to them being spiritually fed the pure and unadulterated Word of God.

1965868506_IFWEDONTTEACHOURCHILDRENTOFOLLOWCHRISTTHEWORLDWILLTEACHTHEMNOTTOPUTINMYCHILDRENTHREAD.jpg.c8618a5c6a8106e69c5692b8128cfaf3.jpg

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this