I really must go...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

i notice the OP hasnt been back ...anyways reading the bible everyday is certainly to be recommendedand fellowship however that is tougher than reading the bible!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes when I get critical the problem is with me.  I need to get a right attitude before making any changes or I carry the bad attitude with me to the next place.  

It is time to leave when God opens brings you to another church due to other circumstances-- such as you are invited-- and closes the door to you staying where you are --such as blatant false doctrine being preached.  

I do agree that you should counsel with your pastor before leaving.  He would usually want to know why you are leaving.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Melinda,

I don't think we know enough about your circumstance to give you the kind of advice you are asking for.

1. Does your pastor use the Bible as his text, does he explain that text, and does he challenge you to live up to what you've heard?
  2. Does your pastor preach, and does your church teach, that you should sacrifice your desires for yourself in order to have God's desires for you?
  3. Does your pastor, and your church, emphasize a daily walk with Christ? Do you feel as if they are talking about real answers for your real situation?

These things are vital. If you have found a church that teaches these things then think twice before abandoning it.

You say you are not being fed at your church. Is that because…

1. The pastor uses language that is difficult for you to understand?
  2. Because he is not really a gifted communicator?
  3. Because his life experience, and therefore his understanding of Scripture, is different from your life experiences?
  4. Because you don't feel at home among the other people who attend?
  5. Or some other reason. Please explain.

I ask these questions because each church has its own unique presentation style and outreach gifts. The things that you don't like in one church may be completely absent from another church.

I would encourage you to shop around rather than stop attending altogether. Pastors are men of God who do their best to craft relevant, life-changing messages. They want to be helpful. They want to speak the words of God to you. Give them that chance. Be part of that community and give as well as receive.

When I was a young man attending college, I tried out about 20 different churches before I found one I liked. Try them out. See how they are different. I guarantee you're going to find something you like.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 1/28/2019 at 1:38 AM, Melinda12 said:

I am feeling so disillusioned with my church i may stop going.  I am no longer being fed there in terms of anything. 

If i go to another church will it really be different ?   I think i may be better off at home and making more time to read my bible. 

I do not know what to do. So am praying to be guided. 

depends op where u go, i was going to a church that had a perverse minister, so i fled and went to the church of christ where they have sound understanding, do your research ask around, their are still some of us left, a remnant of true believers, and ask God to guide u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Malinda . when I was thirty three I  had a mid- life crises. I saw where my life was headed. Until that point my life DE botched  and wicked  I had a daughter about 9 or 10. I had to have another reason  for my life for my daughters sake. I started going to Church and I felt just as you. I was not learning what I needed and that was to find God. I left there and tried various churches. They were having Sunday  school but they were teaching about the Holy Spirit and that Christ was personal. Just going to church on Sunday wasn't giving me what I needed. I needed new identity that was of Jesus. If you are really hungry the Lord will lead you. Jesus is everything. We need to know Him 

John 17: 3  And this is life eternal that they may know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, Melinda12 said:

I am feeling so disillusioned with my church i may stop going.  I am no longer being fed there in terms of anything. 

If i go to another church will it really be different ?   I think i may be better off at home and making more time to read my bible. 

Shalom Melinda,

I have quite a controversial view here that will agree with you and disagree with many in terms of advice, so please keep that mind.

I too have become disillusioned with church, from the limited ones I have tried of various denominations. In general, I find the teachings to be watered down and "mainstreamed", I feel that the praise and worship to be disconnected and not in unison, I don't see the gifts there and I see us looking unattractive to non-believers.  Again, IN GENERAL.  

From an eschatological standpoint, there are many things happening with our churches (organisations, not people) which I think would upset the apostles.  This has been happening for many years and it will continue to get worse in our lifetime unfortunately, from indicative signs.  And remember that when the Messiah spoke about the narrow path and the wide path - he was talking to believers about believers.  Indeed, a church (in terms of organisation and building), is not necessarily a sign of God's acceptance and blessing at all. 

So, rather than persist to go to a church that you are not connecting with, the most important thing is you stay connected to God through the Spirit and other brothers and sisters. That's what really counts. Perhaps you could find a decent home group, such as how the first century believers used to meet? From my experience, they can be a real blessing.

All in all, if your love of God and the Messiah and love for his word has not diminished, then praise Yahweh. Do not feel burdened by this matter. Ask Him to lead you correctly in this matter , as you are, and He will lead you to an appropriate group or church.  But remember these two things: (1) You are not alone with this viewpoint.  (2) Yahweh can still bless you and teach you whether you are in a church or not.

Love & Shalom

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, Melinda12 said:

The church is not the focus, God should be. One church doesn't make much of a difference compared to another, well typically speaking. If you focus God and him alone, everything will be legit and you will spiritually grow without effort.