IGNORED

I really must go...

I am feeling so disillusioned with my church i may stop going.  I am no longer being fed there in terms of anything. 

If i go to another church will it really be different ?   I think i may be better off at home and making more time to read my bible. 

I do not know what to do. So am praying to be guided. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Being "fed" is not what Church [should] be about.

Serving according to one's calling / personal ministry (whatever that is) will "feed" us more than

going to country club gatherings that offer temporary liver quivers that fade quickly as the week

wears on.

Also, letting the Holy Spirit interpret the Bible (rather than the interpretations of man [on which most Church tradition and denominationalism are founded])

and reading your Bible will feed you until you can't take it any more.

Otherwise you will replace one deficient Church for another.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Dear Melinda 12,

Maybe you should look for another church that you can grow in and serve in as well.   

Hebrews 10:25 n ot forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

It is good to worship God with other believers:   

Matthew 18:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”  Matthew 18:20.

Churches are also where we take communion... lots of good reasons to go to church.   We need each other as we are the body of Christ.  Also it is good to read the bible and pray every day also.  You need your spiritual food to stay strong.   Praying for you to find a good church.   God Bless You!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I am feeling so disillusioned with my church i may stop going.  I am no longer being fed there in terms of anything. 

Before you go talk to the minister and discuss this with him.

I see two reasons,

1. that there is nothing challenging in the sermon.

2. you are not looking for a challenge.

That is why you need to talk with your pastor.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,035
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

20 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

If i go to another church will it really be different ?   I think i may be better off at home and making more time to read my bible. 

Maybe you are to the point that you are supposed to be feeding others in your church...

So I would ask what do you give to others where you attend.

Do you converse with others about things.

could you teach a sunday school class

We have guards at our church, if you have a conceiled carry permit you could join them.

To me Church is not somewhere to go have someone hand feed you things, but a place to experience.

Some People think that the place they attend is Gods House....   truth is Gods house is within us and if God is present at a church meeting it is because we brought Him there within us...   so if God is not at your church, make sure you take him with you next time and start spreading Him around..   it'll catch on.

Guess what I'm getting to is that we shouldn't go to church to be fed, we should go to share and to worship the Lord....   and if that's not happening, fix it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,031
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In this sin sick world our obedience to His Word is received not as salvation wise but as 'I love you' back to God 

8 hours ago, Frances said:

Dear Melinda 12,

Maybe you should look for another church that you can grow in and serve in as well.   

Hebrews 10:25 n ot forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

It is good to worship God with other believers:   

Matthew 18:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”  Matthew 18:20.

Churches are also where we take communion... lots of good reasons to go to church.   We need each other as we are the body of Christ.  Also it is good to read the bible and pray every day also.  You need your spiritual food to stay strong.   Praying for you to find a good church.   God Bless You!

This is good council....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

If you are disillusioned what are you looking for from a church. It would be easier  

to know how long you have been saved. what brought you to Christ. What point of your faith are you at? To know Christ is everything and aside from Him there is nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 1/27/2019 at 10:38 AM, Melinda12 said:

What is the risk of visiting another church? (It's lessened if you go online, and make sure the church's statement of faith is biblical, and the church seems friendly).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 1/27/2019 at 10:38 AM, Melinda12 said:

All great suggestions here!

Church should be both a place that makes us grow in the Lord, and a place where we help other people grow with our unique talents.

If one of these two components is missing, then there are some issues.

Then if that's the case and something is missing, before leaving the church i would take the courage to discuss the issue first, because this would be a great Christian thing to do, in order to edify yourself and the people you will speak with about the issue.

If after an active attempt to fix things, the situation is still lacking of a fundamental component, I would look for another Church.

But I wouldn't just stay home unless physically forced.

Church is so important to God as you can read all over the New Testament.

I'm talking as a person who was disillusioned as well. There is always a Church in which you can serve, and if there isn't where you leave then you should rather start one, but staying home I don't think is the Biblical answer, although the time to study the Bible by ouself is definitely fundamental.

God bless you.

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Melinda 12

Last night I watched a Dr Charles Stanley message about why we should go to church.  It was really good.  Perhaps you should look it up.  Other than that, I think Frances stated it well, along with others' messages here.  :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1