• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well it means that we have  freedom of religion.  

Might be freedom of religion but America is and will be headed for some hard times like Europe  letting these people with radical ideas in office, in the 1950's a law was passed to make it illegal for any Muslims to hold a higher office position in Gov. wonder what happened?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hi LadyKay

Of course we( I) understand what you are saying and zim sure we all feel the same about our Constitution- Heavens no, no American would want to lose any of the "Rights" that afford us FREEDOM.

If you read carefully the very article you shared with us here you would understand that everything about the muslim theocracy is what the Public Law414 DOES in FACT ban except as I said earlier most people buy into that same old song" islam is a religion" which is the unfortunate loophole,so Public Law 414 does exist and if you get past the " religion" camaflouge you will understand it is no myth.

This Law has been a controversial issue for decades only regarding" muslims"and the islamists have been moving along according to plan since the very beginning when the madman( muhammed) dreamed up this so called religion.Slowly but surely they have taken over more & more territory all over the world.

I can provide as many links to articles stating " muslims banned, its a fact" for every article stating it is a myth. Perspective is 6 of one & half dozen of the other. Truth of the matter is unless our govt does something drastic nothing is going to stop this trainwreck and I dont see that happening !

Thank God we have so much to look forward to as Christs Own-    Love, Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

This "Islam isn't a religion it's an ideology" argument has been tried in courts across the country and dismissed each time.  The Muslim Brotherhood can dream as much as they like but the United States is designed to withstand despots and theocrats of all stripes.

Islam was not made illegal in 1952, (please do your own research), as that would be a violation of the constitution.

I do not like Islam and like even less being put in a position where it appears I'm defending it. I would rather Muslims become Christians, but either way I will always stand up for freedom of religion and my fellow citizens.

I would suggest you research Islam, come back and we can have a discussion.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

According to the Encylopedia Britannica.   Islam is a religion  This is what it says:

Islam, major world religion promulgated by the Prophet Muhammad in Arabia in the 7th century CE. 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Islam

Read the Koran in the chronological order it was written,  "Reliance of the Traveller" (certified suni sharia law) and Bukhari's hadith (second holy book) and come back and we can discuss it.   they have laws to tell you how to wipe your butt when you are finished....       and the ultimate goal is for the whole world to submit to Allah by being under Sharia Law....   and you really need to understand that before sticking up for them.....

Blessings other one

This is the 3rd time I've written a very long post & it disappeared,it's getting quite frustrating and each time they get shorter & shorter -anticipating losing it all again????

Brother,I think you are wasting your time and now I do believe I won't exert any more energy here myself. Personally I don't care how Encyclopedia Brittanica,Wikapedia or Websters unabridged defines islam-look at the definition of "religion" and it does not fit well into that category very neatly....I & many others do agree that islam is NOT a religion or at least they can see that it is much more than "religion" .The "much more" is what constitutes the application of Public Law414

Aliens who advocate or teach or who are members of or affiliated with any organization that advocates or teaches (i) the overthrow by force, violence or other unconstitutional means of the Government of the Unites States or of all forms of law; or (ii) the duty, necessity, or propriety of the unlawful assaulting or killing of any officer or officers (either of specific individuals or of any other organized government, because of his or their official character; or (iii) the unlawful damage, injury, or destruction of property; or (iv) sabotage.

I do believe because you said "Islam was made illegal in the US in 1952" everyone jumped all over it,the Law did not specify"islam" but perhaps it is the very reason it was written for in the first place,certainly meets all the qualifications,doesn't it? For these are the reasons this "religion" should not have the protection afforded by the "Freedom" Rights we hold so dear in the USAlike Pink

Back to "religion",what is the definition of religion,is it a belief system only? We can look it up and get quite a few definitions but I do like the way  Rebecca Bynum   describes it here in a speech she made in 2011

Religion in its broadest sense must be about the pursuit of higher value – of Truth Beauty and Goodness. As we learned in philosophy class, the thinking used to be that these values stand apart from the world and evaluate the world. Truth is the measure of man, man is not the measure of truth. That is the essence of religious thought. And the interesting thing is that when we pursue value, as all true religions encourage, we incorporate those values into our selves – as we pursue goodness, we become good, as we pursue truth we reflect truth in ourselves and we appreciate the beauty of God’s creation more and more – this is commonly called spiritual growth. All religion as we have known it facilitates this process – its goal is to lead men to God and lead them to experience God’s love.

I don't believe Rebecca B. is a Christian ,she may even criticize Christianity? However,she is a good writer and some of you might like her take on the Topic at handhttps://newenglishreview.org/Rebecca_Bynum/Why_Islam_is_Not_a_Religion/

Again,we all have our opinions and mine was the result of learning the truth about islam-"other one" has shared soooo much of his knowledge with me over the years & for that I am grateful.Of course,like "PinkBelt" I would like to see all muslims come to Jesus and be Saved-our Hope remains in Christ & every single muslim we meet is worth every effort and our prayers      Still,until that time I would prefer they remain where they are for the safety of this Country    

No doubt I just said a mouthful & will get a lot of haters from that last statement but in my heart I believe we are in great danger and it can be prevented if we open  our eyes and acknowledge things for what they truly are.First I am a Christian ,first & foremost,so it goes without saying that I love Gods Creation(people)but secondly I am an American.We are not "of" the world but we certainly live "in" it and we are all Gods Creation but certainly not all Gods Children,I think we should be careful and wise.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well this thread is not a debate on Islam. So I do not wish to go into all of that anymore  at this time. But the question asked by the OP about taking an oath of office raised some questions of my own. What if an atheist is elected to office? What would they take an oath on?  Maybe that is a  whole other topic? 

Edited by LadyKay

Blessings LadyKay

Well, I dont think anyone is having a debate but the " off topic" discussion is probably my fault because I seem to be having some issues with the Worthy site today and I still havent been able to see the first page- lol

Anyway, didnt we already have an atheist in office, oh no , thats right he was muslim- just being sarcastic, lol

Sorry for going off - maybe if I get off my phone and get the laptop I wont keep losing posts and pages?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

What if an atheist is elected to office? What would they take an oath on?  

Recently my state elected a lesbian atheist. I didnt vote for her though because I followed her career  for years and greatly disapprove of her stances on issues. She took an oath to office this january. She used the us constitution and the arizona constitution to take her oath. I guess it would depend on the individual what they would take their oath on. 

If by some chance I went insane and ran for public office and by some miracle got elected, I likely wouldnt take my oath on the bible. Jesus said to let your yes be yes and your no be no. It bothers me to take an oath on the bible for something secular. I probably would also use the constitution. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
11 hours ago, other one said:

I would suggest you research Islam, come back and we can have a discussion.....

11 hours ago, other one said:

Read the Qur'an in the chronological order it was written,  "Reliance of the Traveler" (certified suni sharia law) and Bukhari's hadith (second holy book) and come back and we can discuss it.   They have laws to tell you how to wipe your butt when you are finished, and the ultimate goal is for the whole world to submit to Allah by being under Sharia Law. You really need to understand that before sticking up for them.

First of all I've actually been to the middle east and interacted with countless Arabs of all stripes, including muslims. I am also from California which has the largest muslim population in the country, and have worked with them in my profession and when I was in college earning my masters degree.

I'm not really interested in what Islam has to say because I am a Christian and God forbids associating with paganism. I have shown you what the bible says, (which I do care about) with regards to how one reaches out and treats foreigners. As an American I believe in the founding principles of the nation. There is no religious test for office, as much as that may gall some people. I have seen the decimation in countries like Syria, and I'm not about to tell some 13 year old Syrian refugee desperately hiding from one of Assad or Isis's rape squads that she can't come here for safety because she is't the right religion. God commands us to defend the weak and helpless, not to oppress and show contempt. End of story.

Edited by PinkBelt