• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

Hi.

I think that I would like to wear something so I could be held without excuse when I tend to wander in my thoughts.

A reminder that it's not my life that I am living for anymore since I've been purchased by the blood of Jesus.

Perhaps a necklace with a cross, or one with just the name Jesus, or maybe a dog tag with the serenity prayer or biblical verse inscribed.

Would any of these actually make a difference in my heart and thoughts during times of struggles, and if so, what would be the best of those mentioned?

Thanks ahead.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Christian music helps a lot of people.  Some people say that it is a bad witness if they have a bad attitude and words while wearing a cross..   I like to wear one because I am not ashamed to confess Christ and I am not ashamed of the Gospel.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

• Group:  Advanced Member

Yeah. 

I found some on Amazon that left out wording on their products and most all didn't use the King James version of scripture. 

Nice bracelets though, but I was hoping for something that could be worn closer to my heart. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Addison said:

Yeah. 

I found some on Amazon that left out wording on their products and most all didn't use the King James version of scripture. 

Nice bracelets though, but I was hoping for something that could be worn closer to my heart. 

I bought my grand daughter a small cross for her 9th birthday last year.   it was about an inch tall, was silver plated with Rhodium to keep it from tarnishing an a silver chain....  it cost about sixty dollars.    She loves it and it shows others your stand.

My wife has a couple that are 18 carat gold, but they were substantially higher priced than that.   She doesn't like bracelets for some reason

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332

I buy more into the idea that one must carry the serenity of Christ within their hearts, rather than elsewhere. You can find a number of things online, though; keep in mind that the more specific your search, the more likely you'll be to find what you're looking for. Something like, "KJV necklace amulet".

On a side note, you should try to avoid anything that looks too much like a rosary. Not only are they Catholic, but they're not meant to be worn like jewelry.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dr3032 said:

On a side note, you should try to avoid anything that looks too much like a rosary. Not only are they Catholic, but they're not meant to be worn like jewelry.

What about the cross necklace worn by Vin Diesel in the movie The Fast and the Furious?  :emot-dance:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Perhaps a necklace with a cross, or one with just the name Jesus, or maybe a dog tag with the serenity prayer or biblical verse inscribed.

Would any of these actually make a difference in my heart and thoughts during times of struggles, and if so, what would be the best of those mentioned?

Addison,

The most that a piece of jewelry can do is to serve as a reminder of the kind of person we ought to be.  It can be helpful in the midst of distraction to refocus our hearts and minds on the thing that is truly important which is serving Christ.

But having said that, I have not found my piece of jewelry to be particularly helpful.  Some years ago I bought a piece of dichromate glass off of eBay with the purpose of using it as such a reminder. I put it on my keychain where I would see it every time I unlocked my car door or even played with my keys in my pocket.  I wanted it to serve as a helper to me and reminder that I am a child of God. But most of the time, I forgot about it. It just became a part of my routine. Perhaps it will be different for you, and I think it could be helpful, but it wasn't particularly helpful to me.

- Pastor Who

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I kinda like sackcloth around my waist and a heaping of ashes over me.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

More seriously I have considered a tattoo of the holy dingle-dongle.

I call it that for lack of a word, it is the grafted in symbol of menorah fish and Star of David interlinked. Think it should go well in india black pacific rim style tattooing. https://store.levitt.com/GID I have it on one of my Bibles now. Maybe could find a stick on one for a trial. Anyone know if gold works as a color for tattooing? I'd rather have a gold tattoo of the holy dingle dongle I think.

Course as far as remembering, well I don't know if that would do it. I once was driving the church van with the church logo all over it.  Someone flipped me off as I drove along and without thinking I returned the salute.     How much of a reminder do I need?

• Thumbs Up 1