• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

young ones it is with The Word of God we determine what is and is not of God... Not personal feeling, not personal thoughts, not anything other than God's Word! People that lead you to (a) self anything to trust and put faith in are leading you away from the foundation that is in Christ alone for Jesus said

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

and This 'IS' Who Jesus was

John 1:1-4

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
KJV

John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Today we have The Written Word of God and if we have believed that Word says and called out to The Lord Jesus to save us then we have The Holy Spirit Who's sole purpose is to make that which is written live within our hearts!

You are breaking my heart, brother.

What of the hundreds of thousands who have not had bibles over the millennia or could not read? We’re they destitute?

No—the Lord did not leave them without counsel. What of those who aren’t as intelligent as you are and have trouble with reading comprehension? Our God and His Life within transcends the ink on a page.

Your perspective is of a modern man in an alien land to so many that have known Christ. Widen your vision and perhaps you will see what you haven’t.

THe power of God is an in dwelling Paraclete and a New Life. Folks either trust that or they don’t.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Alive said:

What of the hundreds of thousands who have not had bibles over the millennia or could not read? We’re they destitute?

The Bible tells us of this in Rom 1:18-22

Rom 1:18-22

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
KJV

1 hour ago, Alive said:

No—the Lord did not leave them without counsel. What of those who aren’t as intelligent as you are and have trouble with reading comprehension?

The motivation will be through The Holy Spirit in the desired expression of Love

Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
KJV

in this motivation we then will be moved to study because this

John 14:21

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
KJV

2 Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Your perspective is of a modern man in an alien land to so many that have known Christ. Widen your vision and perhaps you will see what you haven’t.

THe power of God is an in dwelling Paraclete and a New Life. Folks either trust that or they don’t.

And The Person of The Holy Spirit utilizes God's Word 100% to help us arrive at this s/Spiritual reality

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
This alone place the onus upon us knowing God's Word for sanctification and use... I mean this is a no brainer.... When Jesus began His ministry right after His Baptism He went out in the wilderness and after 40 days of fasting satan was permitted by The Father to temp His Son; every single attempt satan was met with Scripture - why? My understanding of the Word fits yours does not... it is the responsibility of every individual to seek our God in His Word- where ever they are at and with all diligence for God gives us a promise if we do

Jer 29:13-20

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

15 Because ye have said, The LORD hath raised us up prophets in Babylon;

16 Know that thus saith the LORD of the king that sitteth upon the throne of David, and of all the people that dwelleth in this city, and of your brethren that are not gone forth with you into captivity;

17 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like vile figs, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

18 And I will persecute them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, and an astonishment, and an hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations whither I have driven them:

19 Because they have not hearkened to my words, saith the LORD, which I sent unto them by my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them; but ye would not hear, saith the LORD.

20 Hear ye therefore the word of the LORD, all ye of the captivity, whom I have sent from Jerusalem to Babylon:
KJV
The Scripture is replete with The Word urging all to make The Scripture, by The power of the Teacher within (Holy Spirit), to be foundational as Jesus 'The Living Word' John 1

1 hour ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Faith is invested in Jesus Christ.

So where are you going to get this investment? For the true faith is generated by The Word of God

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

You are not saved by faith in the scriptures.

John 5:37-39

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
KJV

John 8:31-32

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
KJV

John 17:16-17

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

Acts 13:47-49

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.
KJV

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
KJV

John 17:14-20

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
KJV

It is clear by Scripture you cannot divide out God Word from all else!

Bibles are not mystically invested with the presence of Christ. The Spirit of Christ lives in His followers. 

As I have never said this you are being disingenuous with your handling of me... but never the mind I will again say the written Word in combination with The Holy Spirit produces a living reality within of The Christ! I am left with no need of any of this world or flesh to do anything for I as Paul

2 Tim 1:12-13

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
KJV

24 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Your quote method is little confusing ? but it is clear we do not have the same views on practically anything... agree to disagree...?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

1 Corinthians 14:22-25 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
22 And from this we see that the use of different languages shows how God deals with those who don’t believe, not with those who believe. And prophecy shows how God works through those who believe, not through unbelievers. 23 Suppose the whole church meets together and you all speak in different languages. If some people come in who are without understanding or don’t believe, they will say you are crazy. 24 But suppose you are all prophesying and someone comes in who does not believe or who is without understanding. Their sin will be shown to them, and they will be judged by everything you say. 25 The secret things in their heart will be made known. So they will bow down and worship God. They will say, “Without a doubt, God is here with you.”

20 hours ago, enoob57 said:

There are young ones who are experiencing a walk in the Spirit and hearing from the Lord in an intimate way.

One more point on your council here:

Prov 22:6

6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
KJV

and here a direct training guide from The Lord

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Children anyone suggesting that you trust you own feelings and ideas apart from God's Word are not supporting God's Word here are they?

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

I read through the posts waiting to see where the subject got around to comments about the gift of tongues, but it didn't, so I am wondering what all these posts have to do with people speaking in tongues.