• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, SelahSong said:

As for me, I recognize that the end times are here.  Evil will reign and abominations will be tolerated and condoned more and more.  I will fight the good fight of faith wherever God calls me to do so and I will stand up for what God says is right, and not for what man says is right.  I desire with all my heart, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, to be diligent to make my calling and election sure and to spread the Gospel at any opportunity given to me by the Lord.  I will not turn away from the Truth of God and buy into the lie of the false Christ.  This is not a time to be complacent but a time to stand up tall for the Lord. Perhaps for such a time as this, we were put on this earth! Hallelujah!

-Selah:emot-heartbeat:

You SPOT ON RIGHT my loved sister .    Those who are HIS wont be running FROM the warfare,  THEY WILL CHARGE FULL FORCE right into the trenches

FOR IMMANEUL .       OH YES ,    IMMANUEL .  HE DOES LEAD , HE DOES GUIDE and even in our death we are HIS .   FORWARD , MARCH dear sister

we wont run from the lies of rome with fear ,     NAIL it on that DOOR SISTER , and let the pope and all who believe the lie  , KNOW , JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY

and even in death WE WIN .    WE DO .    WE DO FOR OUR LORD has already won .   let us endure faithful in HIM and by the power of His grace

An all out hellacious evil will rage against the true lambs in the time to come .   SO BE IT .   TO DIE IS GAIN to LIVE IS CHRIST .     PUT those hands up , and let everyone

holler out praises to OUR SAVOIR the LORD CHRIST , the KING of kings and LORD of lords .    

• Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, Matthitjah said:

I'm not date setting or prophesying. I'm asking what our reaction to this should be. Fear, anxiety, condemnation, or exhilaration? Where should our focus be?

Hi Dave, Christian greetings,

The answer is simple, both Jesus himself and His Apostles told us what conditions would be in the end times (Matthew 24, 2 Timothy 3), Jesus tells us in Luke 21:28, "But when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near!"

So we should rejoice, not so much in the tragedy that is surrounding us, but what those tragedies actually mean to His faithful followers, our salvation and an end to Satan's rules.

RR

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/2001

I know that people see the condition our country is in today and wonder how much longer this country can survive. Our response as Christian people to this should be to realize that the fields are still ripe for harvest and to witness and do our best to lead the lost to the Savior.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/30/2019 at 5:53 PM, Matthitjah said:

I was researching General Christian History recently and stumbled upon the Fall of Rome and how Christianity reacted to it.

Then today I was reading about how the State of Virginia was proposing an Abortion bill that would have allowed infanticide in allowing a woman and her Doctor the right to determine if a pregnancy can be terminated right up to dilation and full term delivery. This is on the heels of New York passing a similar measure and having the State House in full applause at what they had accomplished.

What should Christians do when the World seems to have gone crazy? How are we to react when we see possible Judgement drawing near?

In the year 410 AD Rome was sacked by the Goth's some of whom happened to be Christian and even paid tribute to St. Peter at a basilica dedicated to the Apostle. The Christian world saw this as the end of the world. There was saying of that day and it went like this," When Rome falls, the World will also fall." To everyone concerned both Christian and Pagan the sacking of Rome meant the end of Rome. Even though it's final demise would come later. 

There were three Christians of Note that reacted to this event as they saw streams of refuge's both Christian and Pagan fleeing from Rome.

Augustine of Hippo (354-430), Jerome of Bethlehem (347-420), and Orosius of Spain (375-418).

These men varied widely as they responded to the concerns of those affected.

I want to explore this some more in later posts. What I want to do here is relate how the concern for our very own Nation the U.S. has Christians and Pagans reacting.

These men mentioned above witnessed chaos unleashed as the Greatest Empire of their day fell. It took years for this to happen and was mostly due to the decadence of the Roman Empire.

I'm reading with keen interest the happenings right here in the U.S. The reactions of Christians vary and the explanations for why this is happening vary. The reaction of Pagans is that it's the Christians fault and even that the very foundation of the Nation and it's effect on the World are at fault. Not surprisingly the Pagans of Rome's fall blamed Christian practice and worship too, even though the Goth's that sacked Rome were primarily Christian.

Can we learn something from the reactions of the past? I don't mean to say that we will be sacked here in the U.S. or even that we are falling. I think it's pretty obvious and has been for a while that we are in a moral free fall which isn't going to end well unless we see a Revival. I'm not date setting or prophesying. I'm asking what our reaction to this should be. Fear, anxiety, condemnation, or exhilaration? Where should our focus be?

Peace,

Dave

God is in control of everything and that includes the plan He has for this world. We need to have faith and trust and know that God sees the whole picture we do not. We have to stay in prayer and have a daily relationship with the Lord. From what I have been seeing I think our world is in deep trouble. God will judge and send his wrath to this world during the 7 year tribulation. We need to be sure we are saved to make sure we do not end up in the world during the seven year tribulation. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Chaos:

To really understand the scriptures we have been given is a good first step to answer the OP. God does not bring a 7 year tribulation, but maybe a world power does. This is inacurate, misleading and has Christians looking under the bed for baddies. Our doctrines are quite suspect I fear.

There is so much hype about bad stuff that we are ALREADY running around in circles and sacrificing our ability to serve by opposition to evil. We do not oppose because that GREAT ELEVATOR IN THE SKY is about to land in our back yard. No thought for the lost - just get me out of here.

God permits things to happen to us that seem to make little sense. Check out Job to see what I mean.?

Did you not see the WWII chaos? Have you seen the videos in Indo-China. Lots of chaos there.

Maybe we can learn from history so we do not have to repeat it??

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Daughters of Thunder said:

Our response as Christian people to this should be to realize that the fields are still ripe for harvest and to witness and do our best to lead the lost to the Savior.

Good words. Let's not get carried away with out own safety. But look to our responsibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

To directly answer the OP.

I was/am a troubleshooter. When I got on-site folk would be in a panic. Bringing calm to the situation helped them see the steps to take to solve the situation. Sometime I would travel across the world for 30 hours and fix it in three minutes.

So, imagine a scenario. We all have the ability to play 'what if'.

Let us imagine an EMP flash that takes out all microprocessors in a ten mile or 1000 mile radius from ground-zero.

What would you do? How would you react? Are you a little bit prepared?

As I sit here typing this there are people all around eating and drinking. All is calm. A drone of voices and the clatter of utensils. This could all stop in an instance. So what would I do?
Up to this point I could not preach to anyone... I would probably be asked to kindly leave. But if it all came unglued, I can only just imaging the CHAOS. No phones, the cars will not start. All will quickly go to hell in a hand-basket. So like a steward in a doomed plane, do we calm the people, do we suggest they stop milling about aimlessly? What would we do in this situation?

Remember, my idea is an EMP flash, so not even the toaster will work. Have we prepared every day for the end of life as we know it? Did we pray a blessing and repent before we got into our cars today?

We should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The lamps of the virgins parable should keep us sharp and on our toes. 

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

Let the whole heart be above ON THE LORD .    No matter what is coming against us , let us remember the words paul once wrote .

I am exceeding JOYFUL in all our tribulations .    I rejoice in my infirmities .    Paul , by grace , did all to get the gospel to the lost and to build up and correct the church.

One whose heart is on the LORD , will see all hardship , trials , afflictions , persecutions for the gospels sake as nothing more than something to be exceeding joyful in

As our Lord does count us worthy to suffer shame for His name .   Their heart will be on exhorting the brethren and reaching the lost .

And no matter what the cost , to lose all , to suffer for him and even to die for HIM ,  is only gain and what a rejoicing when a soul does hear and is saved

and when one who might have erred receives correction and is restored .    Hands up and let a thunderous festival of praise loaded with much thanksgiving be SANG to the LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

7 hours ago, Daughters of Thunder said:

I know that people see the condition our country is in today and wonder how much longer this country can survive. Our response as Christian people to this should be to realize that the fields are still ripe for harvest and to witness and do our best to lead the lost to the Savior.

That's right dear sister .    Our whole mission and duty is to honor the LORD in all we do ,  reach the lost ,  exhort the peoples

And let all follow Christ faithful no matter what comes against us .   Our kingdom is not of this world and our KING is not of this world , just as now we are not of this world .

Let all affections be above on Him , let none have any fear of what is coming against us , of what man can do unto us , THE LORD is our helper and we shall not fear what man can do to us .

The apostles and others sang in prison , rejoiced when beaten ,  had all hope .    Because their HOPE has ONE name , JESUS CHRIST .

And whether we live or die ,  whether we lose all , whether persecuted ,   We abound in HIM and By HIM .   

I want to leave us with the words that paul once wrote .     But I have ALL and I ABOUND .       Notice He said ALL and That HE ABOUNDS .

And what makes this such a wake up call is ,      WHERE did paul write that letter from .    FROM PRISON , having been stripped of all , awaiting a possible death sentence .

YET HE SAYS ,  I HAVE ALL and I ABOUND .    BECAUSE JESUS WAS HIS ALL and when our HOPE and only OUR HOPE is on CHRIST ,  we gonna sing no matter where we are

or what comes against us .     NOW put those hands up dear sister and rejoice in the LORD .

• This is Worthy 1