I want to ask a sincere question

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I want to ask a sincere question.  Since 1988, I have written over 10,000 pages (which are in my cloud AltURL.com/ioiz6) mostly on the subject of deception and discernment.  I sincerely want to know what people think on the subject that ... people who think everything is fine in their relationship with God, but in reality, they are on their way to hell, yet don't even know it.

About 15 years ago I bought a house from a woman in town that was about to lose it in a sheriff sale for back taxes.  Some time later, I discovered that a Pastor in town had his eye on it, and was going to buy it (for back taxes).  If it sold on the auction, the owner would not get one dime.  She would lose it completely.  I was determined NOT to do that.  I contend that there are subtle hints about our motives that come to a head in situations, yet we would not discern them otherwise.  1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?  I say IT DOESN'T!  If someone is waiting to buy a house out from under someone for back taxes, and cares not for that situation, I say they are not demonstrating agape love.  This same pastor cannot carry on a normal conversation without twisted, exaggerated, lies.  I can tell many other facts that I have questions about him.  

Some years ago my family and I built a house.  Without going into detail, things fell apart in our marriage because of the "prosperity Gospel".  I was left by myself.  I did not build it for me.  Anyway, I sold it to a couple who I thought were decent Christians.  Long story short, they not only got $5,000 behind on payments, but also managed to "attach themselves" to my wife's divorce decree.  My wife signed a quit claim deed to the property, yet still felt that she was co-owner, and GAVE her half of it to these buyers.  They consequently reduced the amount they owed me by $20,000!  I did not want to sue.  I called their pastor to help mediate this.  He simply hung up on me.  

I say we are living in a day and age of a false church.  I could cite many other examples.  

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

David Film

AltURL.com/ioiz6

Edited by DavidFilm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

While i agree with you that we live in the days of many false christians..

I do not focus on the failings of people because we are all sinners.. I focus on what they believe and in Whom do they trust..

So the borderline for me is not about how well they perform in the area of sin avoidance of good works doing..

The borderline is about what they believe or disbelieve and in what they trust in regard to their salvation..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I think that you should only be concerned with yourself and your relationship with Christ. Let God handle every other human's heart in this world. We can be the salt and light as born again Christians in this world and be an example. We can post on Worthy the Word of God and how to live a Christian life. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think that you should only be concerned with yourself and your relationship with Christ. Let God handle every other human's heart in this world. We can be the salt and light as born again Christians in this world and be an example. We can post on Worthy the Word of God and how to live a Christian life.  

I feel like this is pretty much it. There have ALWAYS been people who put on the airs of Christianity and put on a false front. It's probably good to be aware of that but focusing on it can very easily lead to growing cynical and judgmental.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

When it comes to people, there's really only so much you can do, I think. It doesn't hurt to try and appeal to other's compassion, but you can't plant a seed in hard, frozen soil. If their wish is to stomp on and spit on other people, just imagine what more awaits them for their heartlessness. It's tragic, to be sure, but they do it to themselves.

As they say when it comes to a race; don't focus on what the others are doing, but rather focus on yourself. Don't see how that fellow is however far ahead he is, nor notice the guy behind you breathing on your neck. Instead focus on proper form and breathing techniques, and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 1/31/2019 at 6:15 AM, DavidFilm said:

I did not want to sue.

I'm sorry but you either sue or write it off and forget it.

Do learn from these experiences. Look very hard at a new church, do they seek to practise what they preach, do they actualy work through the whole bible appling it to real life or is it all 'airy fairy just believe'.

Always have a contract when buying and selling, or at the least a signed letter spelling out who is doing what, ( never a photocopy always an orginial handwritten letter written out twice.)

Don't be disapointed when Christians fail you, we are only saved sinners.

Pray for there benefit and hand unrepentant offenders to God for him to deal with, them and your emotions.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

It's good to be aware and vigilant of fake Christians so that you don't get deceived or believe everything you hear or get too involved with them, but there is no need to go and point out their sin and nag on them. Not saying you do or that you don't either, but we should stay focused on our relationship with the Lord, and be the best example we can of Christ to fake Christians and non believers and even fellow Christians. Talking about it wont change anything, and only God can change people spiritually.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the only thing I can see about this for sure is that you have bad taste in women...   get own with life and be more careful about choosing another if that comes along.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, DavidFilm said:

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Seems to be convoluted reasoning to reach a sad conclusion that "the church is bad" . Seems many  decisions have been made in hope of  honorable financial gain from glorious doings. They have not worked out. That is not God's fault. Marriages gone bad are usually a harsh financial hit too. Not God's fault not the church going bad either. A pastor is not "the church" A pastor is a man a sinner, one of high responsibility. If he does not live up to someone's expectation that  too is not God's fault nor the fault of Jesus' church. 

Can't live yesterday it is gone. Can't live tomorrow it isn't here. Got to live today it is reality waiting  for no one. Might as well enjoy the day at hand and have hope certain residing in Christ Jesus for eternity forward.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Well, I can blame some prosperity gospel and pastor and other people. But there is the question of if I am with Jesus so I can tell the difference and not be fooled. And am I ready to forgive? If I am not ready to forgive and first care about people > it is possible I am ready to get myself into things which I can be unforgiving about; what we are ready for can be what our character gets us into.

Even so, Jesus who is ready to forgive got onto the cross; but what did Jesus do . . . on the cross?