• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

What advice would you give someone who feels as if they've been 'stuck' in the same season for years?

Meaning they have either been stuck at a place for years and have been wanting to get out, but cannot until they accomplish 

a requirement or they have moved a couple of times, but feel as though they are going through similar spiritual attacks over

the course of 5+ years?

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, AngelofAshes said:

Hey guys,

What advice would you give someone who feels as if they've been 'stuck' in the same season for years?

Meaning they have either been stuck at a place for years and have been wanting to get out, but cannot until they accomplish 

a requirement or they have moved a couple of times, but feel as though they are going through similar spiritual attacks over

the course of 5+ years?

Hi AngelofAshes,

wingnut gave you some very good advice and that is what came to my mind at first. And then I also had another thought. Have you been listening to speakers tell you that your life should go from one great thing to the next. That gives you false expectations, as you are always looking to the outer to measure yourself.

God, as you know is making us like Christ, and that is an inward process. Can you see what the Lord has been doing in your life? Maybe you have these wrong expectations and thus can`t see what He is doing. Remember the Apostle Paul said that he learnt to be content in any situation. It is not about where we live, what work we do etc, but about what areas we are yielding over to the Lord in our lives.

Time to get rid of those false expectations, (if you have them) and see what the Lord is actually doing in your life. And to me it sounds like He is addressing your wrong expectations which are making you miss out on being content in any situation.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

7 hours ago, AngelofAshes said:

Do something different.

Talk to your minister about your spiritual state, discuss what you are doing and what things you could change or do differently.

Try setting some time aside for bible reading, prayer and thinking about what Jesus means to you.

Try reading a more challenging theological book.

Read other christian blogs the strange site 'apoachedegg' has links to plenty of sites as does 'toughquestionsanswered'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey thanks for the responses! :)

The crazy thing is my spiritual state is progressing rapidly while in this season. I wouldn't say I'm stuck spiritually at all,

but I have been stuck physically in a place. After reading the responses, especially the last one, it might just be that God wants

me to grow rapidly spiritually and emotionally so I'm prepared for what it is He has called me to do.  I think I am just tired of being here. Growing can sometimes be uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say my life is bad. Most things work out favorably for me.  In fact, I'm very grateful to God for what He's done thus far.

Please pray for me that I discern God's will and be strengthened to trust in Him and endure this season. 

I'm, personally, not repeating spiritual tests, but I have seen others go through this and wanted perspective on what that was about as well.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 2/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, AngelofAshes said:

Hey guys,

the course of 5+ years?

try something new, be adventurous, think of things from a different perspective, and ask God to show u the way 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thank you guys for your advice! God has been leading me to fast and pray. If anyone wants to pray and fast with me please private message me. 

I would like a partner to pray with. I will pray over things you need as well.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/1/2019 at 1:41 AM, AngelofAshes said:

Hey guys,

the course of 5+ years?

It comes from within, i think the person should do a self analysis.