• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/1/2019 at 1:56 AM, KiwiChristian said:

“genes” means “genetics”. We have about 25,000 genes which determine our every detail. So, Jesus as the “only begotten Son of God” means that He has the same genetics and the same nature as God. 

Genetics is a modern science, unimaginable in NT times. So how can the Greek "genes" possibly mean "genetics"? Both words are actually derived from another Greek word, "genea" ('family' or 'generation'). How can God (who is spirit) have genes? Jesus has the same nature as God, but genes don't come into it.

BostonBorn is right: "monogenes" means "unique" or "only child"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, BostonBorn said:

In the past God spoke through prophets and other means which words through the work of the Holy Spirit finally made it into the Scripture.

Today God has spoken through His Son and His apostles which through the work of the Holy Spirit has been made Scripture the Bible.

I am not the "antichrist", I am a believer...

Only Jesus I have come to reveal the Heavenly Father...

Because the Heavenly Father did not speak to anyone and only Jesus has heard his voice and no one else...

There is something not quite clear, with that statement in Hebrews. 

The author of Hebrews also said; 

That God has spoken to us through his Son, through whom he made all things...

Here he is calling the one who created all things, the Son of God. 

The Jews never claim to have the Heavenly Father, 

Their Lord God was the creator, the Son of God. 

Hebrews said :

He spoke to us through His Son, through whom he created all things...

when they pray they did not looked in Heavens, the face towards the Temple, there was only one Temple in Jerusalem. That's where their God was, or his Judgement seat...or his presence...

The Hebrews should have said: 

In the past the creator the Lord God, the Son of God according to Hebrews and the other disciples, spoke to us through his prophets and ...

But at the time of his ministry on earth he spoke himself about the Heavenly Father...

For the first time we are introduced to the Heavenly Father, not to the Temple worship and the Lord God who had left everything to enter our world born through Mary...Jesus. Emanuel...

The Jews did not have the Heavenly Father, only their Lord God had it. 

But as he was he cannot take them , or anyone elses to the Heavenly Father.

He had to come in the flesh...born through Mary , Emanuel, and die on the Cross first. And raised from the dead and recieved and Glorified by the Father first. And receive Heaven as his inheritance, and take us to Heaven to be with him and the Heavenly Father. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

53 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not the "antichrist", I am a believer...

Only Jesus I have come to reveal the Heavenly Father...

Because the Heavenly Father did not speak to anyone and only Jesus has heard his voice and no one else...

There is something not quite clear, with that statement in Hebrews. 

The author of Hebrews also said; 

That God has spoken to us through his Son, through whom he made all things...

Here he is calling the one who created all things, the Son of God. 

The Jews never claim to have the Heavenly Father, 

Their Lord God was the creator, the Son of God. 

Hebrews said :

He spoke to us through His Son, through whom he created all things...

when they pray they did not looked in Heavens, the face towards the Temple, there was only one Temple in Jerusalem. That's where their God was, or his Judgement seat...or his presence...

The Hebrews should have said: 

In the past the creator the Lord God, the Son of God according to Hebrews and the other disciples, spoke to us through his prophets and ...

But at the time of his ministry on earth he spoke himself about the Heavenly Father...

For the first time we are introduced to the Heavenly Father, not to the Temple worship and the Lord God who had left everything to enter our world born through Mary...Jesus. Emanuel...

The Jews did not have the Heavenly Father, only their Lord God had it. 

But as he was he cannot take them , or anyone elses to the Heavenly Father.

He had to come in the flesh...born through Mary , Emanuel, and die on the Cross first. And raised from the dead and recieved and Glorified by the Father first. And receive Heaven as his inheritance, and take us to Heaven to be with him and the Heavenly Father. 

Hi Friendnt,

I think English is not your native language and we are not communicating efficiently, my apologies.

You said

“He had to come in the flesh...born through Mary, Emanuel, and die on the Cross first. And raised from the dead and received and Glorified by the Father first. And receive Heaven as his inheritance, and take us to Heaven to be with him and the Heavenly Father”

Yes, and He promised that while He was here on earth in the flesh.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16: 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So after Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was buried and then came back from the dead, He ascended into heaven(Acts 1:9) and THEN He sent the Holy Spirit to help the apostles remember things and guided them to complete the Bible.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/31/2019 at 5:56 PM, KiwiChristian said:

How can Jesus Christ be the Son of God? 

In English, we have only one word for Son, which is “Son” meaning a boy derived from his parents by sex. The New Testament was written in the Greek language, and Greek has two words for “Son” being: 

1. TEKNON means a boy, derived from his parents by sex. This word, TEKNON is never used in the New Testament to describe Jesus as the “Son of God,” because we all agree, both Muslims, Christians, Quran and the Bible, that God does not have sex, does not have a wife, girlfriend, or babies. True? 

2. HUIOS means same nature as, eg. Son of peace (Luke 10:36) means you have the nature of peace, or sons of disobedience (Eph 5:6). Jesus as “Son of God” means that He has 100% the same nature as God. Jesus is also called in the New Testament the “only begotten” Son of God. 

In Greek this is mono genes huios 

1. “mono” means “one and same”, for example the monorail travels on one rail. 

2. “genes” means “genetics”. We have about 25,000 genes which determine our every detail. So, Jesus as the “only begotten Son of God” means that He has the same genetics and the same nature as God. 

How can Jesus Christ be God? 

In Genesis 1:26, “God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” This shows that man has a similar image or likeness to God. What is it? I’d like you to think about yourself for a moment. You are one man, with three parts. 

1) You have a body which gives you world consciousness through your five senses. Your body is 100% human. It allows you to interact with the physical universe. 

2) You have a soul made up of your mind, emotions and will, also known as your personality. This gives you self consciousness. It is 100% human. 

3) You have a spirit which gives you God consciousness making you think that there is a God. It is your “God detector.” It is also 100% human. 

So you are one man with three parts. You are a trinity, meaning three in one. (1 Thess. 5:23). 

We can represent God in a similar manner with 3 circles. Islam, the Quran, Christianity and the Bible all believe in one God. In Matthew 28:19, Jesus teaches that there is only one true God by the singular word name, not names, “baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”. The one true God has three parts known as the Father, the HUIOS Son and the Holy Spirit. 

1) As we have a spirit that is 100% human, so God has a Spirit called the Holy Spirit, who is 100% God. 

2) As we have a body that is 100% human that interacts with the physical universe, so God has something like a body through which He interacts with the physical universe, called the Son who is 100% God. It was God the Huios Son that spoke and appeared to Adam, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Solomon, Isaiah and who was conceived into Mary as Jesus Christ. Before His conception, the Huios Son was only 100% God, but after His conception He was both 100% God and 100% man. It is like you having both an Iranian passport and an Australian passport. This makes you 100% Iranian and 100% Australian. 

3) As you have a soul which is 100% human that tells your body what to do, so God has something like a soul called God the Father who tells the Huios Son what to do, such as to be conceived in Mary. Therefore, as you are one man with a spirit, soul and body, each being 100% human, so there is one true God made up of the Father, the Huios Son, and the Holy Spirit, each part being 100% God. As you are a trinity, so God is the Trinity, made up of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This is in Proverbs 30:4; Psalm 2:12; Isaiah 9:6; 48:12,13,16; Daniel 3:25; Micah 5:2; Exodus 3:3-15; (24:9-18); John 8:58,59,24.

The Trinity. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. One God three distinct persons. 

Trinity-Is-IsNot.jpg.fa99891742be877b26d68a19ea1c3e34.jpg

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Trinity. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. One God three distinct persons. 

Trinity-Is-IsNot.jpg.fa99891742be877b26d68a19ea1c3e34.jpg

More important is to understand their role in the new covenant. 

We see that many had believe before the day of Penticost and they had the  redemption of the blood of Jesus Christ and the eternal life and the resurection and a Heavenly Inheritance. 

And Paul and the disciples met many who believe and did not have the Holy Spirit, or did not know about it. 

In the day of Penticost many believe, but that does not mean they had the Holy Spirit or that they knew or quite understood it was for them also. 

Just an observation, nothing agaist . 

This helping aid does not realy help to understand the positions and the position of authority of the Heavenly Father who has a Throne and always had a Heavenly Throne, and Jesus Christ who also has a Throne in Heaven and he is not only the Redeemer of all mankind, and invite everyone to believe in him so their name is under the blood of Jesus Christ...but he is also the Judge of all and every knee shall bow down before him, but that does not include the Heavenly Father, who exalted him. And made him Judge and Lord of Lords, and the government is upon his -Jesus- shoulders, him alone and not together with the Heavenly Father...

20 hours ago, BostonBorn said:

Hi Friendnt,

I think English is not your native language and we are not communicating efficiently, my apologies.

You said

“He had to come in the flesh...born through Mary, Emanuel, and die on the Cross first. And raised from the dead and received and Glorified by the Father first. And receive Heaven as his inheritance, and take us to Heaven to be with him and the Heavenly Father”

Yes, and He promised that while He was here on earth in the flesh.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16: 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So after Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was buried and then came back from the dead, He ascended into heaven(Acts 1:9) and THEN He sent the Holy Spirit to help the apostles remember things and guided them to complete the Bible.

Thank you for your post...

It was an experience to interact with you. 

God bless 

PS 

Why do you think that it is important to say " Jesus was buried", instand what realy happened, that Jesus was put in a tomp on the side of a hill...

And when the women went on Sunday morning to visit him at the tomp and prepared him for the burial, Jesus was risen from the dead and they met him in the Garden and asked him, thinking he was the kepper if he knows where they put him, because they want to prepare his body from the burial...

There are many reasons why Jesus had to die on the holyday, one of them it was not to be buried, but to be put in the tomp till the end of the holiday. as it was forbidden to do burials on the Holliday. 

One other of the reasons was that the Roman soldiers had to wittness the resurection...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

" Why do you think that it is important to say " Jesus was buried", instead what really happened, that Jesus was put in a tomb on the side of a hill... "

Because that is what happened. The Greek word thapto means to put into the earth or entomb.

Criminals were often put to death and their body thrown into a place called Gehenna (a mass grave) with no burial, a fire was kept going there to consume the bodies - presumably a dishonorable body disposal after death for criminals and strangers - usually Gentiles so that the Hebrew grave site areas were kept apart from Gentile pollution.

Jesus body OTOH was ritually prepared and anointed for a Jewish burial in a Jewish grave.

Edited by BostonBorn
corrections