• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Who me said:

Why do you think God will provide a way to escape sin, it is not something one can go 'BOO!' to and it vanishes.

7-10 So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin.

====================================

Study Bible

Cain and Abel
6“Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why is your face downcast? 7If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; you are its object of desire, but you must master it.”

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Cross References
Romans 6:12
Therefore do not let sin control your mortal body so that you obey its desires.

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?

Numbers 32:23
But if you do not do this, you will certainly sin against the LORD; and you may be assured that your sin will find you out.

Job 11:14
if you put away the iniquity in your hand, and allow no injustice to dwell in your tents,

Job 11:15
then indeed you will lift up your face without shame; you will stand firm and unafraid.

Jeremiah 3:12
Go, proclaim this message toward the north: 'Return, O faithless Israel,' declares the LORD. 'I will no longer look on you with anger, for I am merciful,' declares the LORD. 'I will not be angry forever.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His inheritance--who does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in loving devotion?
========================================

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

•  

•  
  42 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Did you stop sinning altogether?

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.1 John 1:8

John 8:6–7

6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone

question 1 :So ,you could cast the first stone? 

Question 2 :What does 1 John 1:8 means to you?

that we have all sinned in our pass but that doesn't mean we don't stop, its Jesus who say to stop sinning and need to obey him.

You didn't answer my question,can you answer my question?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, OneLight said:
1 hour ago, noblenut said:

totally mistranslated, it should say no one is without folly

My I inquire what version of the bible do you use?

1 hour ago, noblenut said:

esv its really good, but if things dome make sense in the bible u using its usually mistranslated, and wat u quoted never made sense to me 

I quoted you as you stated that it should say "no one without folly" instead of "never sins".  Never sins makes perfectly sense to me.  What you presented does not. 

You seem to like to change the meaning of scripture in your last few threads by changing the meaning of what is being said.  Why is that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think you all are grasping what nobelnut is trying to put over to us.....

Lets say that we have some sin in our lives and we need to stop it...…     it's kind of hard to stop so we just declare it as nonsense...   we really don't need to do that any more....   I think he's trying to say that if we consider that thing we've been doing as un necessary nonsense in our lives it is much easier to stop wanting to do it....

At least that what it sounds to me like he's trying to get across.....

Basically that sin is not really something we need, nor now want and it was just nonsense that we wanted it in the first place.   I don't think he's saying that it is ok to sin.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I quoted you as you stated that it should say "no one without folly" instead of "never sins".  Never sins makes perfectly sense to me.  What you presented does not. 

You seem to like to change the meaning of scripture in your last few threads by changing the meaning of what is being said.  Why is that?

did not Jesus say i have not come for the righteous but sinner, righteous people don't sin because they are righteous, i am not changing the meaning of things but defining them

5 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't think you all are grasping what nobelnut is trying to put over to us.....

Lets say that we have some sin in our lives and we need to stop it...…     it's kind of hard to stop so we just declare it as nonsense...   we really don't need to do that any more....   I think he's trying to say that if we consider that thing we've been doing as un necessary nonsense in our lives it is much easier to stop wanting to do it....

At least that what it sounds to me like he's trying to get across.....

Basically that sin is not really something we need, nor now want and it was just nonsense that we wanted it in the first place.   I don't think he's saying that it is ok to sin.

4 minutes ago, noblenut said:

did not Jesus say i have not come for the righteous but sinner, righteous people don't sin because they are righteous, i am not changing the meaning of things but defining them

If what Other One is saying is true, and this is how you need to think about sin, and it works for you, great.  Yet, when the Holy Spirit bring back to memory His words, your definition will not be included, so I will stick to scripture.  When people redefine scripture, to me, they begin to follow another gospel. 

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If what Other One is saying is true, and this is how you need to think about sin, and it works for you, great.  Yet, when the Holy Spirit bring back to memory His words, your definition will not be included, so I will stick to scripture.  When people redefine scripture, to me, they begin to follow another gospel. 

that's exactly what i been trying to say, until we make sin nothing we will never stop doing it

10 minutes ago, noblenut said:

that's exactly what i been trying to say, until we make sin nothing we will never stop doing it

Yet, you promote to look at sin as nonsense instead of the reality of our fallen nature, one that will always be with you until you are given a new body.  Should we sin, absolutely not.  Will we sin?  Yes, as were are not perfect. 

To think of sin as nonsense, when sin is committed, then that will be looked upon as nonsense also.  You are placing yourself in great danger by changing the meaning to fit your train of thought instead of allowing scripture to change the way you think.  Through the Spirit we are given the mind of Christ.  What do you get when you read 1 Corinthians 2:6-16?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet, you promote to look at sin as nonsense instead of the reality of our fallen nature, one that will always be with you until you are given a new body.  Should we sin, absolutely not.  Will we sin?  Yes, as were are not perfect. 

To think of sin as nonsense, when sin is committed, then that will be looked upon as nonsense also.  You are placing yourself in great danger by changing the meaning to fit your train of thought instead of allowing scripture to change the way you think.  Through the Spirit we are given the mind of Christ.  What do you get when you read 1 Corinthians 2:6-16?

i agree with it, by the spirit we can search the meaning of thing and what we are doing, but what say is from scripture and the way the world work, have u never read ecclesiastes all is nonsense says the teacher, or meaningless everything is meaningless

Edited by noblenut

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,901
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

25 minutes ago, noblenut said:

i agree with it, by the spirit we can search the meaning of thing and what we are doing, but what say is from scripture and the way the world work, have u never read ecclesiastes all is nonsense says the teacher, or meaningless everything is meaningless

FYI, Solomon was preaching a philosophy of man. Even though God gave him wisdom above all men, his disobedience to God and spiritual adultery left him in a depressed, cynical state. Ecclessiastes is on point from this perspective but please note it is in the canon as a warning of how futile life can seem if we do not align with God's will.

1Ki 11:1-14
(1)  But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
(2)  Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
(3)  And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
(4)  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
(5)  For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
(6)  And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
(7)  Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
(8)  And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
(9)  And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
(10)  And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
(11)  Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
(12)  Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.
(13)  Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

(14)  And the LORD stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king's seed in Edom.