• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, noblenut said:

i agree with it, by the spirit we can search the meaning of thing and what we are doing, but what say is from scripture and the way the world work, have u never read ecclesiastes all is nonsense says the teacher, or meaningless everything is meaningless

Since you agree with  Corinthians 2:6-16, you must also agree that our flesh is not the same as our spirit.  In our flesh, we sin, yet, our spirit is changed to be like Christ.

Yes, I have read Ecclesiastes.  What a powerful message to those who think they can mingle this world with following God.  This life is like a vapor that appears for a very short time, then disappears.  Most of what we do is for ourselves and those whom we love, but all is vanity when one follows the world.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Since you agree with  Corinthians 2:6-16, you must also agree that our flesh is not the same as our spirit.  In our flesh, we sin, yet, our spirit is changed to be like Christ.

Yes, I have read Ecclesiastes.  What a powerful message to those who think they can mingle this world with following God.  This life is like a vapor that appears for a very short time, then disappears.  Most of what we do is for ourselves and those whom we love, but all is vanity when one follows the world.

yes, that's why we have to live by the spirit and we wont sin as in romans

1 hour ago, noblenut said:

yes, that's why we have to live by the spirit and we wont sin as in romans

What if you did sin?  Not intentionally, as if planned out in advance, but when your flesh sins when your guard is down.  What then? Are you a complete failure since you sinned?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What if you did sin?  Not intentionally, as if planned out in advance, but when your flesh sins when your guard is down.  What then? Are you a complete failure since you sinned?

Not if you repent, says I. God's goodness always leads us to repentance. Look at the David and Bathsheba. I like this Psalm in connection with repentance, and also John's epistle every moment of the day and night.

Psa 51:1-12
(1)  To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David When Nathan the Prophet Went to Him, After He Had Gone in to Bathsheba.

Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions.

(2)  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.
(3)  For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me.
(4)  Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight—That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge.
(5)  Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
(6)  Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
(7)  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
(8)  Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
(9)  Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities.
(10)  Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
(11)  Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
(12)  Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

1Jn 1:7-10
(7)  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
(8)  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(9)  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

34 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Not if you repent, says I.

I realize this, but was interested in what noblenuts response would be.

Guest Richard Paulson
1 hour ago, OneLight said:

It is nice to see someone making a distinction between the flesh and one's spirit, the spirit being one's true self.

"Unintentional sin." Now that is an important concept! 

I am looking for people in this world (whether Christian or not) to reveal the perfect truth to them, so that they may fully understand the gospel, and bear fruit to perfection, because I see that the church has missed the truth of why Jesus died. The church has universally missed the Bible's Main Point! The church does not understand the atonement or the cross of Christ.

The answer is in my opening topic, "Why did Jesus die?"

God bless you.

Edited by Richard Paulson

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I realize this, but was interested in what noblenuts response would be.

Yes, I inserted points I wanted known regardless. Internet forums are good for that.

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

actually it says all is vanity.  if you follow along from chapter to chapter there is a theme... all is vanity, vanity in wisdom, of self indulgence, even Vanity of Living Wisely, Vanity of Toil, all aspects of life... and what happens to the rich also happens to the poor... they die.  its vanity because nothing profits us that is under the sun.  however, nowhere does it say to dismiss sin as nonsense.  

Ecc 4:6  Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.

its better to do it Gods way than to go the wrong way and have trouble on top of vanity.  ALL is chasing the wind.  you cant grasp the wind, it blows where it wills.  ALL is vanity.  therefore we should go Gods way...

if we are do as God instructed us we do not shrug off sin as nonsense.  where is a verse that commands us to do this?  we are told to confess and repent and walk in The Spirit so we do not fulfill the lust of the flesh.  I know of no other way the bible says to deal with sin... where is a verse that says to just dismiss it?  we should be taking sin very serious... its wage is death. 

have u never read isaiah when he talks about the stupidity of idol worship or their farcical fasting, that's what i am talking about

3 hours ago, noblenut said:

have u never read isaiah when he talks about the stupidity of idol worship or their farcical fasting, that's what i am talking about

Why did a considerable portion of Israel's population start this "nonsense" and why didn't they stop in spite of numerous prophetic warnings? It wasn't until Israel was invaded by hostile armies that turned it into a desolate wasteland, and led its people away captive that the seriousness of their "nonsense" began to sink in. After the 70 year captivity a new generation who were found alive and faithful to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were instrumental in keeping Israel free of the rampant idolatry and blatant disobedience to God's laws that had brought such severe discipline and chastisement from Him upon the previous generation.

Stubborness and rebellion are destructive companions to associate with, but associate with them Israel did in spite of the many warnings of the consequences of such foolish "nonsense".

Jer 5:23-31
(23)  But this people has a defiant and rebellious heart; They have revolted and departed.
(24)  They do not say in their heart, "Let us now fear the LORD our God, Who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season. He reserves for us the appointed weeks of the harvest."
(25)  Your iniquities have turned these things away, And your sins have withheld good from you.
(26)  
'For among My people are found wicked men; They lie in wait as one who sets snares; They set a trap; They catch men.
(27)  As a cage is full of birds, So their houses are full of deceit. Therefore they have become great and grown rich.
(28)  They have grown fat, they are sleek; Yes, they surpass the deeds of the wicked; They do not plead the cause, The cause of the fatherless; Yet they prosper, And the right of the needy they do not defend.
(29)  Shall I not punish them for these things?
' says the LORD. 'Shall I not avenge Myself on such a nation as this?'
(30)  "An astonishing and horrible thing has been committed in the land:
(31)  The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule by their own power; And My people love to have it so. But what will you do in the end?"

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

do you speak of Isaiah chapter 58?  if so, whats covered in there is not dismissing sin... its acknowledging it and turning from it and turning to Gods ways.  when we dismiss sin we are simply ignoring it and do not use Gods formula to cleanse our hearts.  and Isaiah 58 is pointing people going their own way to do it Gods way. 

you still have not provided a verse that says to dismiss sin... where is one?  I keep asking this for a reason.  not to be abrasive. 

that's exactly what i have been talking, about, turning from sin, and if we see it for what it is then it will be easier to do