what to do when you disagree with church fundamentals beliefs

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

good day everyone I am new here, I just want to throw out a question that has been perplexing me for a while, I am  apart of a well known organization which i wont say for privacy reasons. But my study has lead me to disagree with one of our church fundamental beliefs how do deal with this problem,whats the proper channel to deal with it because i felt has if I have gone about it the wrong way.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Is it a belief that is fundamental to salvation?  Does anyone go to the lake of fire if it's wrong? :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, noble_prince said:

good day everyone I am new here, I just want to throw out a question that has been perplexing me for a while, I am  apart of a well known organization which i wont say for privacy reasons. But my study has lead me to disagree with one of our church fundamental beliefs how do deal with this problem,whats the proper channel to deal with it because i felt has if I have gone about it the wrong way.

Probably you will disagree with almost ever organization,  well known or unknown.

If you sin and don't like the preaching of Scripture against sin,  then there is disagreement against Scripture that won't help.

If you hate sin and don't like the more common preaching approving of sin,  then you won't be able to change what they do nor what they preach..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

What does the Bible say about the doctrine?   

If it has add to or taken away from what the Bible says about salvation, it would be best to find a church that agrees with the Bible.    The church won't change.  

But liberal churches are also leaving the Bible as its standard for doctrine.  That would also be reason for leaving the church.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Without naming the church, can you inform us with what you disagree with them about?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, noble_prince said:

I spent my first 17 years in the Church of Christ until I found that we are supposed to believe that our church denomination was the only ones going to heaven.....    that if a person is not baptized by a member of our denomination they could not be saved.....   and it was the act of baptism that actually saved a person....

What I did was to leave my church and spent 25 years looking for another one.....   one that I could agree with most of the core doctrine concerning salvation...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, noble_prince said:

Hi noble-prince. Welcome to Worthy. There has always been disagreement over beliefs, whether Christian or Pagan. Sometimes the disagreements escalate into divisions, splits, and hostilities. The early opposition to the spread of Christianity, the controversies over the closing of the canon, the traumas of the Reformation, the schisms associated with the Great Awakenings, and the prolification of denominations, sects, cults, movements, streams, and doctrinal positions all prove the difficulty of reaching and maintaining consensus.

I am an activist in my stance against infant baptism as a means of securing salvation, and opposed to the suffocation of the body of Christ by the clergy, with its paganish reliance on robes, rituals, and liturgical readings in deference to the edifying of the body of Christ by itself in love,  which means I am at odds with denominations that endorse and practice such things. I manage to fellowship on a surface level with those who remain involved with passive pew-sitting and institutional, hierarchical assemblies, but prefer to identify with the early Christians who met in each other's houses. (Even then we don't all agree on everything, but we come together in the spirit of Christ without the need to be dogmatic on every subject we discuss, and die to self so that the Holy Spirit can guide.)

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Mat 10:34-39
(34)  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

(35)  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

(36)  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

(37)  He that loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

(38)  And he that takes not his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me.

(39)  He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

• Thanks 1

Guest Richard Paulson

noble_prince: The church is not an organization. You don't have to fear the organization. Fear God. If you let me know what you disagree with, I may help you with the answer.

God bless you.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

There are are two types of churches......the “ do” church and the “ done” church.If you are going to the first type- run,do not walk,from it.......

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, noble_prince said:

If the Church went against the true Word of God in any way I would probably leave that Church. I would find a Church that taught only the true Word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1