• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think his point is well made, deserves consideration. However, it seems a little off balance to me. What I mean is, there is a point in using carnal means, marketing, appeal, etc. to get the unsaved into churches. There is also a point to be made, that yes, pastors and leadership do need to address the spiritual need of believers too.

However, those "starving" sheep, need to take some responsibility to get the nourishment they need. The can learn the word of God, get good teaching, in book, on websites, apps on their phones. There are others in the congregation, who are apt to teach, and fellowship should be sought. These pastors, can have separate Bible studies, apart from Sunday service. They can urge others in the congregation, to help in this. They can institute the practice, of home fellowships among their congregations, etc. There are even places like Worthy, where people can be fed.

There has never been a time in church history, where there are so many opportunities and ways to be fed, nor so many opportunities for those in the body, to reach out to others. The pastor cannot do it all. His main job, I think is to feed the sheep, yes, but, that means also, equipping disciples to make disciples.

So, there are so many ways to be fed, but are those who say they are starving, seeking them out? There are so many ways, to serve, are we serving others in the body, or are we expecting the pastor to do all the work? I do not think, in general, that it is the failing of pastors, it is not they who will have to give an accounting for their life, as much as it is for you and I to do the work that WE are called to. We (all believers) are called to evangelize. We should (most of us) he teachers. We should be using our gifts (spiritual and otherwise) to build up the body of Christ.

We have resources. Treasure, time, talent, etc. All of that, given into our hands as stewards of what belongs to God. Are we investing these things in the kingdom, or hoarding them?. We all, not just pastors, will give an account to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

However, those "starving" sheep, need to take some responsibility to get the nourishment they need. 

Oh, how this is so true.  My pastor says that if the only Bible study/teaching that our congregation gets is his preaching once a week that we are in dire straits.

EVERY Christian should be extremely knowledgeable of God's Word - all by themselves - by reading it over and over.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think his point is well made, deserves consideration. However, it seems a little off balance to me. What I mean is, there is a point in using carnal means, marketing, appeal, etc. to get the unsaved into churches. There is also a point to be made, that yes, pastors and leadership do need to address the spiritual need of believers too.

However, those "starving" sheep, need to take some responsibility to get the nourishment they need. The can learn the word of God, get good teaching, in book, on websites, apps on their phones. There are others in the congregation, who are apt to teach, and fellowship should be sought. These pastors, can have separate Bible studies, apart from Sunday service. They can urge others in the congregation, to help in this. They can institute the practice, of home fellowships among their congregations, etc. There are even places like Worthy, where people can be fed.

There has never been a time in church history, where there are so many opportunities and ways to be fed, nor so many opportunities for those in the body, to reach out to others. The pastor cannot do it all. His main job, I think is to feed the sheep, yes, but, that means also, equipping disciples to make disciples.

So, there are so many ways to be fed, but are those who say they are starving, seeking them out? There are so many ways, to serve, are we serving others in the body, or are we expecting the pastor to do all the work? I do not think, in general, that it is the failing of pastors, it is not they who will have to give an accounting for their life, as much as it is for you and I to do the work that WE are called to. We (all believers) are called to evangelize. We should (most of us) he teachers. We should be using our gifts (spiritual and otherwise) to build up the body of Christ.

We have resources. Treasure, time, talent, etc. All of that, given into our hands as stewards of what belongs to God. Are we investing these things in the kingdom, or hoarding it. We all, not just pastors, will give an account to God.

Hey thanks Omegaman yeah what struck me about this man was that he was very devoted to what he was saying it was far deeper an authentic-ness. but in these days still have to be mindful of the content…

I was only thinking earlier today that really there is no other way than the bible. And that takes discipline and habit. I was for the longest time one of those folk who just went to church well quite frankly for a bit of social and dare I say it help as I was struggling in many areas of my life.

The trouble is that folk are used to being passive. When I think of how that starts very early at school we are passive or in my day lol! And no one ever wants to rock the boat gee have an opinion as an adult imo because at school it wasn’t encouraged least at my school anyway.

no doubt that the Lord has been working in my life. its taken me so long to see it. shaking off worldly conditioning

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I get so tired of so many stating what is wrong with churches today! I much rather hear the awesome testimonies of thee many  born again saints  in Christ Jesus that have been called to  turn about and recognize Jesus as their Lord God and savior.

God took  perhaps 20 plus years of using all kinds of individuals with many different  ideas on what God is, who Jesus is, and how salvation comes about, all to bring me to Him. God was in charge from before the beginning. He used who He willed to be used, didn't matter a wit how they thought they should be going about sharing the Gospel of Jesus, for God was in charge, has been  from before time itself.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Cletus said:

The Book says its the Holy Spirit that draws people.  if the message was the true gospel that is being preached, and not some watered down teaching of what the gospel really is then people would feel conviction to sin and not just oh this is a fun country club.  where is this conviction.

One of the 'best', as published and noted by reviews nationwide for decades,   "The Spiritual Man" is available for listening (I just found out yesterday) which is 'delightful' while CONVICTING , EDIFYING, TRAINING and TEACHING --- life changing God's Way as God requires  "the true gospel" as you posted,  not watered down, not "of the flesh" ,  not 'feeeeel gooodeee' ...

To listen to search >v=N9W0aj1kjn8

it comes up like "Nee 2 of 2"  (it's the second part of two parts) slow steady calming accurate reading the book in line with all Scripture.