nobleseed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The reasoning so to speak had to do with how the animals digested food.  Animals that have split hooves and chew the cud are ruminants; meaning that the food is regurgitated and chewed a second time before it continues through the digestive process.  Deer,  which are listed as exceptable. . . meet both requirements and yet on the occasion eat meat. 

Matthew 15:10, 11  Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand. A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it

Mark 7:18 - 23 Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.) He went on: "What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come--sexual immorality, theft, murder,  adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person."

Colossians 2:16  Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

The finished work of the cross and resurrection changed EVERYTHING. No food is forbidden now because it has been cleansed by His blood. Pray thanks over all you eat for the nourishment of your body and you will be blessed and healthy. No matter what it is. Try it before you rebuke what God says is clean now. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

GOD is multi faucet, I'm sure there are tons of reasons Spiritual and Physical and Symbolic. Obviously Pigs were not created as a food source for His Children.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 2/3/2019 at 5:37 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, Hard for me to buy into that one, sorry. Clean and unclean  was a matter of obedience to God's command. It did not need any further justification. It became obedience to the further interpretations of rabbis and of rabbinic law.

I have even heard and read of one man that ate only locusts along with honey,- by command of God. Bet that was not  of his culture nor natural diet.

I can eat of most anything that doesn't eat me first. It does not have to be of my common diet.  So I can't buy into the conclusion that anything not of my natural diet will make me ill.

What will make me seriously ill even physically is to buy into any food for my spirit and soul that is not of God's will for me.

Aside from biblical law and commandments, I have an additional view. The Lord wants what is best for us and our bodies. Before the flood and in the Garden of Eden; fruits, grains and vegetables were the diet, no flesh. After the flood, God removed some restriction of eating the flesh of certain animals. If you look at the animals (cloven - un-cloven) that we forbidden to eat; those seem to be the animals that carry to most transferable diseases and illnesses to humans from touching, under cooking or no cooking.

It seems to be a historic fact; that you are (and your health) what you eat. Even today it seems to be a proven scientific fact anything other than fruits, grains and vegetables; namely animal meats and fats, is a contributor to health issues and a shorter life span. Now with that said... Where's my A-1 Sauce?  :D

It appears that during the millennium the Jew's will resume animal sacrifices again to the Lord. I don't recall it being mentioned if the animal flesh will be consumed or not? But I get the general idea that either during the millennium or entering eternity; we will revert back to the Endemic diets of no flesh.

Whatcha think?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, Cletus said:

as a hunter of wild oinkers, i have been reading about these parasites.  i decided to no longer eat wild hogs.  the parasites from other animals that can make humans sick, die, or have very serious health problems are getting into hogs. 

and besides all that they like to wallow in mud mixed with their own excrement.  nasty. 

So much for my enjoyable breakfast of bacon and eggs......I had to spit them out......lol

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Most of the Jewish laws concerning diet and ritual washing of hands, etc had to be an irritant to many in the Jewish Nation.Nobody else  had to do without certain foods or wash up all the time! What seemed perhaps frivolous and silly turned out to be very valuable as the Jews coasted through the terrible plagues that hit Europe and killed millions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Nobleseed,

I like your nickname. I would say "Why pigs are unclean".

The main reason, for me, is that the pig eats naturally all...

May the Eternal guides us.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It seems to be a historic fact; that you are (and your health) what you eat.

Adelle Davis " You Are What Yo u Eat" Died at age seventy of cancers, and Euell Gibbons or Stalking The Wild Asparagus" died at age 64

"I Eat Whatever Doesn't Eat Me First" would be my own food book title. I have  been here for 75 years to date.

Hey maybe  for a Christian an  eat healthy and  die young  to be with our Lord Jesus sooner than if one had  enjoyed a smore or two or three along the way after chumping down  some bacon wrapped hotdogs most every friday night for seven decades of treats  of all sorts.

Lobsters, mussels, clams, oysters, perriwinkles from Maine, pig, rabbit, eel,  plus wild bore complete with hairy crack back from Catalina Island. Life is good. I have ejoyed it all even loved suet pudding.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Adelle Davis " You Are What Yo u Eat" Died at age seventy of cancers, and Euell Gibbons or Stalking The Wild Asparagus" died at age 64

"I Eat Whatever Doesn't Eat Me First" would be my own food book title. I have  been here for 75 years to date.

Hey maybe  for a Christian an  eat healthy and  die young  to be with our Lord Jesus sooner than if one had  enjoyed a smore or two or three along the way after chumping down  some bacon wrapped hotdogs most every friday night for seven decades of treats  of all sorts.

Lobsters, mussels, clams, oysters, perriwinkles from Maine, pig, rabbit, eel,  plus wild bore complete with hairy crack back from Catalina Island. Life is good. I have ejoyed it all even loved suet pudding.

Well I just may have to stand, sit and squat corrected :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I was basing my statements mainly on historical biblical laws and customs, heart and arteries clogging up, cholesterol, etc. If Adelle Davis were alive today and met me, she would side with my wife. Dennis is what he eats; he's hairy all over, snorts, snores and grunts, constantly roots and noses  around the frig, freezer and cabinets for something to eat, eats like a pig, drools, doesn't wait to digest his food, has no table manners, passes flatulence to show the appreciation of a meal, races the dog to food dropped on the floor and wins, and doesn't clean his own food dish.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 2/3/2019 at 3:06 AM, nobleseed said:

the reason why moses told the jews not to eat pigs is because it wasn't part of their natural diet and if u eat any animal that's not part of your natural diet it can make u ill, which it did to them in Hosea, likewise our western culture doesn't eat cats and dogs but many eastern cultures do, clean and unclean is just as much about culture and health as religion. 

I was debating some fellow United Methodists over the subject of homosexuality. I pointed out that the Lord called homosexuality an abomination. One person countered by stating the Lord called it an abomination to eat pigs, as well, assuming I ate pigs. Well, what is unhealthier then bacon or sausage? I don't go near them.