• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, other one said:

it also eats anything and carries parasites in it's meat.   It truly is not clean food.     At least today we have better processing procedures and cures for the parasites if you get them.

In my much younger days my friends and I used to hunt feral pigs with my dogs, dangerous and silly thing to do but that was way back then. We were way out back on a huge property for several days and we ran out of dog food. I cut the hind quarters of a feral pig and tossed it to the dogs. They ran over, sniffed the meat and walked away refusing to eat it. We had to travel back to town to buy some dog food.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

51 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

In my much younger days my friends and I used to hunt feral pigs with my dogs, dangerous and silly thing to do but that was way back then. We were way out back on a huge property for several days and we ran out of dog food. I cut the hind quarters of a feral pig and tossed it to the dogs. They ran over, sniffed the meat and walked away refusing to eat it. We had to travel back to town to buy some dog food.

I do like ham and bacon.....   just for the record....    but not from feral pigs...

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, other one said:

I do like ham and bacon.....   just for the record....    but not from feral pigs...

I like ham and bacon as well. Feral pigs are a no-no, full of worms and other parasites.

For those who want to judge people on what they eat and drink;

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

God gave the Jews certain laws like dietary regulations as signs to distinguish them from the idolatrous and unclean gentile nations.  It had nothing to do with promoting good health.  Now that the gentiles have received the gospel, they are no longer unclean, and those types of rules no longer apply.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

God gave the Jews certain laws like dietary regulations as signs to distinguish them from the idolatrous and unclean gentile nations.  It had nothing to do with promoting good health.  Now that the gentiles have received the gospel, they are no longer unclean, and those types of rules no longer apply.

Go back and study all the successful healing doctors and clinics from 1920 thru 1960 and on thru 2019,

and try to tell them that.   

Or, rather first,  just read the rest of TORAH,  with God's Promises about not putting diseases on those who obey Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Go back and study all the successful healing doctors and clinics from 1920 thru 1960 and on thru 2019,

and try to tell them that.   

Or, rather first,  just read the rest of TORAH,  with God's Promises about not putting diseases on those who obey Him.

That is separate from why those laws were given.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

That is separate from why those laws were given.

Go and see,  if God Permits.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Other than porc there are also other foods to be avoided.

Leviticus 11

Foods Permitted and Forbidden

11 Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat. Nevertheless these you shall not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the rock hyrax, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. They are unclean to you.

‘These you may eat of all that are in the water: whatever in the water has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers—that you may eat. 10 But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you. 11 They shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abomination. 12 Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales—that shall be an abomination to you.

13 ‘And these you shall regard as an abomination among the birds; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, the vulture, the buzzard, 14 the kite, and the falcon after its kind; 15 every raven after its kind, 16 the ostrich, the short-eared owl, the sea gull, and the hawk after its kind; 17 the little owl, the fisher owl, and the screech owl; 18 the white owl, the jackdaw, and the carrion vulture; 19 the stork, the heron after its kind, the hoopoe, and the bat.

20 ‘All flying insects that creep on all fours shall be an abomination to you. 21 Yet these you may eat of every flying insect that creeps on all fours: those which have jointed legs above their feet with which to leap on the earth. 22 These you may eat: the locust after its kind, the destroying locust after its kind, the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind. 23 But all other flying insects which have four feet shall be an abomination to you.

Unclean Animals

24 ‘By these you shall become unclean; whoever touches the carcass of any of them shall be unclean until evening; 25 whoever carries part of the carcass of any of them shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening: 26 The carcass of any animal which divides the foot, but is not cloven-hoofed or does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Everyone who touches it shall be unclean. 27 And whatever goes on its paws, among all kinds of animals that go on all fours, those are unclean to you. Whoever touches any such carcass shall be unclean until evening. 28 Whoever carries any such carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening. It is unclean to you.

29 ‘These also shall be unclean to you among the creeping things that creep on the earth: the mole, the mouse, and the large lizard after its kind; 30 the gecko, the monitor lizard, the sand reptile, the sand lizard, and the chameleon. 31 These are unclean to you among all that creep. Whoever touches them when they are dead shall be unclean until evening. 32 Anything on which any of them falls, when they are dead shall be unclean, whether it is any item of wood or clothing or skin or sack, whatever item it is, in which any work is done, it must be put in water. And it shall be unclean until evening; then it shall be clean. 33 Any earthen vessel into which any of them falls you shall break; and whatever is in it shall be unclean: 34 in such a vessel, any edible food upon which water falls becomes unclean, and any drink that may be drunk from it becomes unclean. 35 And everything on which a part of any such carcass falls shall be unclean; whether it is an oven or cooking stove, it shall be broken down; for they are unclean, and shall be unclean to you. 36 Nevertheless a spring or a cistern, in which there is plenty of water, shall be clean, but whatever touches any such carcass becomes unclean. 37 And if a part of any such carcass falls on any planting seed which is to be sown, it remains clean. 38 But if water is put on the seed, and if a part of any such carcass falls on it, it becomes ]unclean to you.

39 ‘And if any animal which you may eat dies, he who touches its carcass shall be unclean until evening. 40 He who eats of its carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening. He also who carries its carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening.

41 ‘And every creeping thing that creeps on the earth shall be an abomination. It shall not be eaten. 42 Whatever crawls on its belly, whatever goes on all fours, or whatever has many feet among all creeping things that creep on the earththese you shall not eat, for they are an abomination. 43 You shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps; nor shall you make yourselves unclean with them, lest you be defiled by them. 44 For I am the Lord your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth. 45 For I am the Lord who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

46 ‘This is the law of the animals and the birds and every living creature that moves in the waters, and of every creature that creeps on the earth, 47 to distinguish between the unclean and the clean, and between the animal that may be eaten and the animal that may not be eaten.’ ”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Also : with pic of badly treated pigs:10 top reasons not to eat pigs

https://www.peta.org/living/food/top-10-reasons-eat-pigs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Trichinosis Dangers

Did you know that pigs carry a variety of parasites in their bodies and meat? Some of these parasites are difficult to kill even when cooking. This is the reason there are so many warnings out there about eating undercooked pork. One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinosis or trichinellosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm. (7) In some countries and cultures, they actually consume pork raw.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body that consumes this infected meat flesh.

Similarly to what these worms do to the pig, they can also do to humans. If you eat undercooked or raw pork that contains the parasite, then you are also swallowing trichinella larvae encased in a cyst. Your digestive juices dissolve the cyst, but that only unleashes the parasite into your insides. The larvae then penetrate your small intestine, where they mature into adult worms and mate. If you’re at this stage of trichinosis, you may experience abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea and vomiting.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t end there. Approximately a week after eating the infected pork, the adult female worms now inside your body produce larvae that enter your bloodstream and eventually burrow into muscle or other tissue. Once this tissue invasion occurs, symptoms of trichinosis include:

• Headache
  • High fever
  • General weakness
  • Muscle pain and tenderness
  • Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
  • Sensitivity to light
  • Swelling of the eyelids or face

And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid. Abdominal symptoms can occur one to two days after infection while additional symptoms usually start two to eight weeks after infection. According to Mayo Clinic, the severity of symptoms typically depends on the number of larvae consumed in the infected meat.

The CDC recommends thorough cooking of pork as well as freezing the pork meat prior to cooking to kill off any worms. I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel good about eating anything that I first have to kill off its worms to eat.

It’s actually been theorized that trichinellosis is the exact cause of Mozart’s rather sudden death at age 35. An American researcher theorized this after studying all the documents recording the days before, during and after Mozart’s death. This research published in Archives of Internal Medicine’s June 2001 issue found that Mozart suffered many of the above listed symptoms and he, himself, had recorded in his journal the consumption of pork just 44 days before his own death. (8)

5. Pigs Harbor Common Viruses and Parasites

Pigs carry many viruses and parasites with them. Whether by coming in direct contact with them through farms or by eating their meat, we put ourselves at higher risk of getting one of these painful, often debilitating diseases (not to mention put our bodies on toxic overload).

Pigs are primary carriers of:

• Taenia solium tapeworm
  • Hepatitis E virus (HEV) — In developed countries, sporadic cases of HEV genotype 3 have occurred in humans after eating uncooked or undercooked pork. (9)
  • Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome, aka blue-ear pig disease
  • Nipah virus
  • Menangle virus
  • Viruses in the family Paramyxoviridae (10)

Each of these parasites and viruses can lead to serious health problems that can last for years to come.

Factory Farming and Pigs

If all these concerns aren’t enough or you think you’ll avoid them by cooking your pork really well, then you should also know about the common conditions of pork raised for consumption. Today, a whopping 97 percent of pigs in the United States are raised in factory farms. This means that these pigs never live a healthy life of fresh air and wide-open pastures.

If you’re a pork eater, you should know that it’s very likely (only 3 percent unlikely) that you’re eating the meat of a pig that spent all of its time in a crowded warehouses with no fresh air or exercise, fed a steady diet of harmful drugs to keep the pig breathing as producers make pigs grow faster and fatter. These drugs often cause the pigs to become crippled under their own excessive and unnatural weight gain. (11) Do these sound like conditions that yield a health-promoting piece of meat? Of course not, which is why you should avoid pork and other factory-farmed meats.

Drug Resistant Bacteria in Pork Chops and Ground Pork

It’s estimated that 70 percent of factory-farmed pigs have pneumonia when they go to the slaughterhouse. Unsightly factory-farm conditions of filth and extreme overcrowding lead pigs to have an extreme likelihood for serious diseases. The conditions are so bad that the only way to keep these pigs barely alive at times is to misuse and overuse antibiotics. I’ve talked a lot about what this does in humans. Similarly to humans, pigs are more commonly developing diseases that are resistant to antibiotics. You might like the taste of pork, but do you want to consume a pork product from a pig that had a “superbacteria”?

The bacteria-laden pork story continues. A 2013 Consumer Reports analysis of U.S. pork chops and ground pork samples found widespread (69 percent) presence of a bacteria called yersinia enterocolitica. This bacterium infects about 100,000 Americans a year, especially children, and can cause fever, diarrhea and abdominal pain in humans. (12)

for full text:

https://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

Why is Pork Bad for You: A Biblical Perspective:

My personal health philosophy is to honor God with my mind, body and spirit by consuming maximal nutrients and minimal toxins. I have learned to not endorse the consumption of pig meat following much research into Biblical principles and the detoxification systems of pigs and their intrinsic animal nature.

Pigs function much like trash cans in that they will eat anything they find, which explains one of the reasons why pork is bad for you. I also do not believe humans were originally intended to eat pigs.

Why is Pork Bad for You – Caution to the Hebrews about Pork

As discussed in the Bible, the Hebrew people avoided pig products and pork as a dietary belief. Pigs are an unclean meat stated by Leviticus because they do not chew their cud. Even today’s researchers support that pigs are not fit for human consumption because of the high toxicity level they carry (1).

“And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.” Leviticus 11:7

The Hebrews are warned about the rationale regarding their uncleanliness from eating unclean food. Pigs are naturally scavengers that will eat anything they come in contact with and are dirty animals. Pigs are well known to show cannibalistic behaviors by eating their own dead carcasses as well as consuming food scraps, insects and their own fecal matter. Pigs are even known to kill and eat their own young.

It should be well expected that pigs harbor large concentrations of viruses and parasites because of their scavenger lifestyle. These pathogenic organisms create dangerous health complications. Pigs are the primary hosts or carriers of the following viruses and parasites :

• Menangle virus
  • Hepatitis E virus (HEV)
  • Nipah virus
  • Taenia solium tapeworm
  • PRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)

Significantly high concentrations of Yersinia enterocolitica and other volatile microorganisms were found in 69% of all raw pork samples tested as reported following a Consumer Reports investigation (8). This microbe causes gastrointestinal stress which leads to fever and possibly a fatal infection which tells you why pork is bad for you.

Why is Pork Bad for You – Why is Pig Meat Toxic?

As the Bible says, animals that “chew the cud” are called ruminants. Ruminants partially chew their food when it is first swallowed. These animals have a special digestive process in which 4 stomachs digest and regurgitate food for additional chewing. Cows, goats and sheep are examples of common ruminants (9).

However, pigs are special in that their digestive systems metabolize food very quickly in one stomach. The process only takes roughly 4 hours. Compare this with a cow which takes 24 hours to digest the food it has eaten. This longer time period further allows excess toxins to be removed during the digestive process. Toxins are not allotted the time needed to be removed from a pig’s digestive tract. As a result, the harmful toxins are accumulated in fat cells and the pig’s organs.

Another detoxification strategy pigs lack is the ability to sweat. Pigs do not have sweat glands and were not intended to perspire. This lacking detoxification method compounds the buildup of pathogenic microorganisms and environmental toxins into their systems and the bodies of people who eat pig products.

Why is Pork Bad for You – Think Pasture-Fed Pork is Safe?

Pasture-fed pig products do contain a better ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids, more antioxidants and fewer parasites. The safety of pasture-fed pig products should not be taken lightly as the animal’s body is still not intended to eliminate toxins effectively.

High cooking temperatures cannot destroy all the toxins found in pig meat. Furthermore, cooking practices actually produce a higher concentration of carcinogens. Heterocyclic amines form in the meat under high temperatures and increased heating duration damaging the essential fats of pig products like ham or bacon (10).

The healthiest way to minimize the parasitic load of pork is to cook the meat at extremely high temperatures. Unfortunately this cooking method creates free radicals which is a major trigger for the development of chronic disease Therefore there is no healthy way to cook or consume pork, which gives us another reason why pork is bad for you.

Why is Pork Bad for You – Was God Giving Us a Health Warning?

The Biblical books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy focus on health principles intended to minimize sickness and infections. This logic is very easy to understand because infection was one of the greatest health threats in the pre-medical world to tribes and cities.

The hostile world in the Old Testament has to do with the push for the Israelite culture to not only survive but thrive. It is very logical that God should warn His people that animals can pose a hazardous relationship to tribal health.

Was God giving us a health warning in His message written in the Bible? Does this message convey the uncleanliness of some meat and the need to avoid these products to limit infection and avoid severe health problems? Based on the understanding of the toxic load carried in pigs, the biblical principle to avoid pig seems best to optimize health.

https://naturallivingfamily.com/why-is-pork-bad-for-you/

Edited by 1to3