• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

This world is the most awful place i could have ever imagined and the longer I'm here the more I see how bad it really is.  I wish I at least had somebody to talk to while I'm stuck here.  How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, StJoek said:

This world is the most awful place i could have ever imagined and the longer I'm here the more I see how bad it really is.  I wish I at least had somebody to talk to while I'm stuck here.  How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

Hi, if I may speak very boldly and not cause offense. 

You cannot find Godly friends. You can only be one. Than in the course of time, as you are being a Godly friend, God Himself will give you Godly friends. For they (Godly friends) are the greatest gift and treasure God can give. Because Godly friends are friends that are possessed of by God Himself. As you being a Godly friend, are being possessed of by God Himself. 

If I may continue to speak boldly;

As Christians, the Spirit that has come to dwell in us craves to find Itself in other people. It is searching for what in Scripture is called having the “fellowship of the Spirit” which is one believers personal relationship with Christ touching another persons personal relationship with Christ. Whereby from that fellowship both grow. This personal relationship with Christ that all believers have (for you can not be a Christian without one) is where this desire for fellowship comes from. So as you, I, and all believers press into Christ and feed our personal relationship with Christ so that when God does bring believers into our paths we have Christ formed in us to the degree, (so that our cup runnth over),  so we have enough to share. 

Hope these words help and don’t cause offense, I apologize if they do. 

Blessings as we press into Christ. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, StJoek said:

How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

Just be one is all  I can say, just be one. The friendship might be reciprocated out of time; which will be reward enough. An unsaved  person once they have been turned by the Holy Spirit may remember back to the time they  were befriended by a Christian. They become  a true friend for eternity, out of time as the world looks at time and reciprocation.

My own best friends are those Christians most now long dead that befriended me and shared of Jesus with this atheist by being my friend right along, though I never  responded  to them during their lifetime, except for a very few  that I did have the privilege of returning to  after the Holy Spirit turned me about, and I was then enabled to share of my appreciation for their friendship.

Be content.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

14 hours ago, StJoek said:

To find a friend, be friendly, like Neighbor said. It works even better if you can overlook their faults......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

16 hours ago, StJoek said:

One finds Christian friends by attending and being involved in a Christian church. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

18 hours ago, StJoek said:

he who hates his live will find it, u will soon find the kingdom of God and we can be friends, u may tell me anything and i wont judge u

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Shalom StJoek,

I feel your pain. 

Sometimes I find it easier to befriend a non-believer than a believer! It seems that, sometimes, a barrier can almost exist between believers when they meet whilst they try to work each other out and fit them into a Christian category (baptist, seven-day adventist, believes in gifts today, messianic student, likes Benny Hinn, follows this doctrine or that church). It gets rather bothersome. A non-believer can be far less judgmental upon meeting...

If we could only meet another Christian and immediately embrace as you both know that you are related through your love for Him. You might live next door to them in the New World! Alas, it's not that easy.

Still, you can consider me, and I'm sure many others on here, as "digital" friends until Yahweh blesses you with good connections directly. Ask him.

Love & Shalom  

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi, if I may speak very boldly and not cause offense. 

You cannot find Godly friends. You can only be one. Than in the course of time, as you are being a Godly friend, God Himself will give you Godly friends. For they (Godly friends) are the greatest gift and treasure God can give. Because Godly friends are friends that are possessed of by God Himself. As you being a Godly friend, are being possessed of by God Himself. 

If I may continue to speak boldly;

As Christians, the Spirit that has come to dwell in us craves to find Itself in other people. It is searching for what in Scripture is called having the “fellowship of the Spirit” which is one believers personal relationship with Christ touching another persons personal relationship with Christ. Whereby from that fellowship both grow. This personal relationship with Christ that all believers have (for you can not be a Christian without one) is where this desire for fellowship comes from. So as you, I, and all believers press into Christ and feed our personal relationship with Christ so that when God does bring believers into our paths we have Christ formed in us to the degree, (so that our cup runnth over),  so we have enough to share. 

Hope these words help and don’t cause offense, I apologize if they do. 

Blessings as we press into Christ. 

well put, though i wouldn't use possessed to describe God undwellining us, enter or undwells would be better

Edited by noblenut
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

18 minutes ago, noblenut said:

well put, though i wouldn't use possessed to describe God undwellining us, enter or undwells would be better

Hi, and thanks;

I understand your concerns and the negative connotations of the word. But Scripture does use the word in both positive and negative ways 

Exodus 19:5 (NASB)
~~~~~then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;

Exodus 34:9 (NASB)
~~~~~~and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your own possession."

Ephesians 1:14 (NASB)
~~~~ with a view to the redemption of [God's own] possession, to the praise of His glory.

Are we (Christians) not God’s possession? Are we not suppose to be controlled by the Spirit of God? 

“Possessed of by God” is a way of saying we are both His possession and being controlled by Him. I find (in my opinion) it to be a very accurate and on point way of saying both truths at once.

But if you find issue with it. I hope this will clear up my intended meaning and why I chose to use the phrase. 

Blessings 

6 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi, and thanks;

I understand your concerns and the negative connotations of the word. But Scripture does use the word in both positive and negative ways 

Exodus 19:5 (NASB)
~~~~~then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;

Exodus 34:9 (NASB)
~~~~~~and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your own possession."

Ephesians 1:14 (NASB)
~~~~ with a view to the redemption of [God's own] possession, to the praise of His glory.

Are we (Christians) not God’s possession? Are we not suppose to be controlled by the Spirit of God? 

“Possessed of by God” is a way of saying we are both His possession and being controlled by Him. I find (in my opinion) it to be a very accurate and on point way of saying both truths at once.

But if you find issue with it. I hope this will clear up my intended meaning and why I chose to use the phrase. 

Blessings 

yes, but u didnt say that, said u are possessed by God, and God does not possess people the devil does, possession and possessed don't mean the same thing