• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Don't limit yourself. Show interest. Your future best friend you haven't met yet  may be the mailman or the clerk at the corner store. Might even be that guy who offended you in church. Remember, God is in control.
You can be a friend to anybody. Remember the good Samaritan. Become a sower of the seed, the good news. Share your interest's. Wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.
Purpose in your heart to be friendly.

"A friend is a present you give to yourself."

Hi, I see some real wisdom and love in this post. Thank you for making it.

May God richly bless you for it, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

On 2/4/2019 at 2:53 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom StJoek,

I feel your pain. 

Sometimes I find it easier to befriend a non-believer than a believer! It seems that, sometimes, a barrier can almost exist between believers when they meet whilst they try to work each other out and fit them into a Christian category (baptist, seven-day adventist, believes in gifts today, messianic student, likes Benny Hinn, follows this doctrine or that church). It gets rather bothersome. A non-believer can be far less judgmental upon meeting...

If we could only meet another Christian and immediately embrace as you both know that you are related through your love for Him. You might live next door to them in the New World! Alas, it's not that easy.

Still, you can consider me, and I'm sure many others on here, as "digital" friends until Yahweh blesses you with good connections directly. Ask him.

Love & Shalom  

I dunno i dont use that name for the Lord God....lol

But seriously thanks for understanding and making yourself available.  God bless

On 2/3/2019 at 6:01 AM, StJoek said:

This world is the most awful place i could have ever imagined and the longer I'm here the more I see how bad it really is.  I wish I at least had somebody to talk to while I'm stuck here.  How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

I should mention that i rededicated my life to Christ 16 years ago and have searched diligently for a church that follows the scripture but i've had to move around a lot and have yet to find a group of believers to fellowship with.  I know i'll get a lot of flack for it but i'm convinced that the vast majority of the churches in the usa are apostate, asleep, in deep heresy or something where they are not what they should be, and yeah i know theres no perfect churches but they should at least rry to stay biblical.  I honestly believe this is the end and tbe church has fallen away just as the bible predicted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also i've been on this site for years and have yet to find a person that would like to chat on an some kind of ongoing basis...ya know like an online friend...not hear or at a couple other christiand chat sites i've been on for years niw.  So whats up with that?  Are my expectations wrong? If you'd lime to private message me i have no problems with that, i'll get back with you as soon as i can.

Edited by StJoek

On 2/5/2019 at 8:10 AM, Sower said:

Edited by StJoek
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

3 hours ago, Sower said:

Don't limit yourself. Show interest. Your future best friend you haven't met yet  may be the mailman or the clerk at the corner store. Might even be that guy who offended you in church. Remember, God is in control.
You can be a friend to anybody. Remember the good Samaritan. Become a sower of the seed, the good news. Share your interest's. Wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.
Purpose in your heart to be friendly.

"A friend is a present you give to yourself."

I dont have any interests besides the Lord Jesus anymore.  Maybe thats the problem.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Free support groups

1 hour ago, StJoek said:

i'm really trying.  Usually all it takes is hearing a little of my story and that ends the conversation, for good.  Yeah i have had a traumatic life but i thought that would help give people a reason to care but it just drives them away.  Yeah its spiritual warfare but people seem to think their immune to it.

1 hour ago, StJoek said:

Also i've been on this site for years and have yet to find a person that would like to chat on an some kind of ongoing basis...ya know like an online friend...not hear or at a couple other christiand chat sites i've been on fir years niw.  So whats up with that? 

About online friends?

The thing with that especially if the people live so far apart they can never meet? and it becomes real hard to sustain a long term ongoing back and forth with someone online.

I myself have tried this a few times and it really can become exhausting. Sometimes my lifestyle becomes to busy, that I do not have the time to give for long e-mails letters that take a lot of time and consideration to write.  And people can really become dependent on these daily e-mails and if for whatever reason it can no longer go one, it can be devastating emotionally for some.

So many misunderstandings can happen just writing to someone online. And because of misunderstandings, where you cannot meet or call to explain yourself better, you can be left feeling awful for days without having really any way to resolve things.

Also real emotional attachments (even platonic ones), can occur even with long distance e-mail communications, and with the slightest misunderstandings, it can really tear a person apart. 

We all have to guard our hearts, and not imprudently get ourselves involved with something that in the long term, we may not be able to handle.

Best to use the internet for certain limited types of online communications friendships, knowing they to have their limits as you know you may never meet the person or get their private e-mail or get any further personally than an online communication with them.

The best friendship to feel part of, and less lonely is meeting people in person. Whether its helping out at a soup kitchen, or volunteering feeding people in the hospital, or volunteering at a community social place that may also have categories where they go out to help in hospitals, retirement homes, other, whether it be entertainment, singing, playing a musical instrument, bringing a pet to visit the elderly or sick, reading to the blind or ill person,  joining a choir, taking a community arts class.  In these categories, you can join in as much or as little as you like, depending on what other things are going on in your life

Being a christian, does not mean you only have to belong to a church to not feel lonely. You can be a christian shinning light by getting involved in your community. And if you have trauma from the past that needs to be talked about, surely there are free support groups, community anonymous gatherings where you can speak your truth with a group of other people like yourself who also have experienced similar.

I just looked up certain groups from your area. who knows you may even meet another christian in those places as well.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups/depression/colorado

https://namibouldercounty.org/find-support/support-groups/

https://coloradocrisisservices.org/

As for christian places to go? I know what you mean when you say the churches are becoming apostate, but then you can go to online christian websites where the word of God is preached.

Surely there is christian radio you can listen to?

For fellowship, even when being a christian, its to also be able to go out into the world and be shining light to others.

The only christian place that I know is christian in Colorado is:

https://www.awmi.net/

I don't listen or follow him anymore, but when I first came back to my christian roots,  he was one of the ministries I did listen to online. I do not know at this point if its still a good ministry, as many go corrupt but its one that perhaps is in your area to check out?

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, StJoek said:

I should mention that i rededicated my life to Christ 16 years ago and have searched diligently for a church that follows the scripture but i've had to move around a lot and have yet to find a group of believers to fellowship with.  I know i'll get a lot of flack for it but i'm convinced that the vast majority of the churches in the usa are apostate, asleep, in deep heresy or something where they are not what they should be, and yeah i know theres no perfect churches but they should at least rry to stay biblical.  I honestly believe this is the end and tbe church has fallen away just as the bible predicted.

Hi STJoeK,

I guess my own journey  has led me to several excellent churches. Yet, I don't know  that I diligently sought any of them out so much as I was led, dragged even, to each of  them.

In short I was pulled away from all I knew of many churches and my career some 2800 milesaway to my own salvation conversion and fellowship, only to then be dragged 2800 miles back to a new church fellowship to do one task; and then I was led to go back 2800 miles to find my old church  and fellowship all gone. I had to be led to another church body where I was again led to do one task that took 14 years, and now I am being led onto yet another, haven't found out why yet.

So I am never quite understanding, when individuals say they  did a diligent search and found nothing. That is just beyond my comprehension, perhaps because  of my personal  journey being so different from what  many online state theirs has been. Seems I just can't get away from God nor to Him of my own doing. He does  all the heavy lifting I just have to do all the packing is all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

13 hours ago, noblenut said:

God does not possess people nor does he control anyone just remember that

God possess me too!

...for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in your body. 1 Cor 6:20

The signification of the above verse in my life, ...I've been bought with a price, ...the price was the death of the Son of God, that makes me THE most expensive thing in the Universe!

So, have you ever bought anything, ...is it your possession, ...do you possess it, ...the more it costs is it not one of your most prized possession?

Paul tells us we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit, Father has stamped us with His seal of ownership, ...you are right in thinking that Father won't force Himself on us (which I think is what you are actually saying, it just came out wrong, ...forgive me if I'm wrong), but the Old Testament type/symbol of a bond slave cleaving to his Master after serving him for some years, then deciding to be his servant for the rest of his life is a good illustration of how we allow/ask Father to possess us, take possession of us with His Holy Spirit to teach us, to be Father's authority in us, to guide and direct our lives in a worthy manner (His Will) that brings Glory to our Master.

I'm possessed by my Loving Heavenly Father,   PRAISE GOD!!!

Lord bless  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

4 hours ago, StJoek said:

I was saved in a denominational church and I was seeing the same thing you are seeing, ...I asked Father to place me in the church He had for me Jer 29: 11-13, ...moved me over 500 miles away from my comfort zone, but it was the exact/perfect church I needed to be a part of.

I'll be an online friend with you, it would be a joy for me, please, take into account that I've been alone on this rock for almost 29 years with no one like-minded to talk to, also, because, ...here is the only time I can speak my native tongue English, I confess I tend to be verbose, the Holy Spirit is helping me with that, ...I've erased pages from my replies.  LOL

Let's talk through Messenger.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1