• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

On 2/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, JustPassingThru said:

I was saved in a denominational church and I was seeing the same thing you are seeing, ...I asked Father to place me in the church He had for me Jer 29: 11-13, ...moved me over 500 miles away from my comfort zone, but it was the exact/perfect church I needed to be a part of.

I'll be an online friend with you, it would be a joy for me, please, take into account that I've been alone on this rock for almost 29 years with no one like-minded to talk to, also, because, ...here is the only time I can speak my native tongue English, I confess I tend to be verbose, the Holy Spirit is helping me with that, ...I've erased pages from my replies.  LOL

Let's talk through Messenger.

Lord bless

Thank u so much.  Message me anytime.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Its hopeless to seek a Godly man /friend, try to seek in your heart

• Group:  Members

On 2/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, 1to3 said:

Free support groups

About online friends?

The thing with that especially if the people live so far apart they can never meet? and it becomes real hard to sustain a long term ongoing back and forth with someone online.

I myself have tried this a few times and it really can become exhausting. Sometimes my lifestyle becomes to busy, that I do not have the time to give for long e-mails letters that take a lot of time and consideration to write.  And people can really become dependent on these daily e-mails and if for whatever reason it can no longer go one, it can be devastating emotionally for some.

So many misunderstandings can happen just writing to someone online. And because of misunderstandings, where you cannot meet or call to explain yourself better, you can be left feeling awful for days without having really any way to resolve things.

Also real emotional attachments (even platonic ones), can occur even with long distance e-mail communications, and with the slightest misunderstandings, it can really tear a person apart. 

We all have to guard our hearts, and not imprudently get ourselves involved with something that in the long term, we may not be able to handle.

Best to use the internet for certain limited types of online communications friendships, knowing they to have their limits as you know you may never meet the person or get their private e-mail or get any further personally than an online communication with them.

The best friendship to feel part of, and less lonely is meeting people in person. Whether its helping out at a soup kitchen, or volunteering feeding people in the hospital, or volunteering at a community social place that may also have categories where they go out to help in hospitals, retirement homes, other, whether it be entertainment, singing, playing a musical instrument, bringing a pet to visit the elderly or sick, reading to the blind or ill person,  joining a choir, taking a community arts class.  In these categories, you can join in as much or as little as you like, depending on what other things are going on in your life

Being a christian, does not mean you only have to belong to a church to not feel lonely. You can be a christian shinning light by getting involved in your community. And if you have trauma from the past that needs to be talked about, surely there are free support groups, community anonymous gatherings where you can speak your truth with a group of other people like yourself who also have experienced similar.

I just looked up certain groups from your area. who knows you may even meet another christian in those places as well.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups/depression/colorado

https://namibouldercounty.org/find-support/support-groups/

https://coloradocrisisservices.org/

As for christian places to go? I know what you mean when you say the churches are becoming apostate, but then you can go to online christian websites where the word of God is preached.

Surely there is christian radio you can listen to?

For fellowship, even when being a christian, its to also be able to go out into the world and be shining light to others.

The only christian place that I know is christian in Colorado is:

https://www.awmi.net/

I don't listen or follow him anymore, but when I first came back to my christian roots,  he was one of the ministries I did listen to online. I do not know at this point if its still a good ministry, as many go corrupt but its one that perhaps is in your area to check out?

thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, R. Hartono said:

If it's hopeless to meet one what chance do I have of being one?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 2/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, R. Hartono said:

Its not hopeless.

The Lord still answers prayer, and can and will provide for us. That would include friends and fellowship. I've lived and worked a lot of different countries and strange places and always found some fellowship when it was needed.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, 1to3 said:

Hi StJoek;

Life can seem at times very lonely, the thing is we all will die one day and hopefully truly come home to God and be secure forever more in Him. Until then we live by faith and His Word to find that security , strength, courage , endurance to keep going onwards. 

Some people can feel alone in a crowd, even with a spouse and family around them, others can truly not feel alone even though they may not have a whole lot of human contact around them. For sure we all need other human beings around us, for also a sense of humanity. And to be blessed in life to find a good friend or a couple in your lifetime is a blessing.   We also can loose good friends, those who die before us, and that also can bring grief, sadness and a feeling of being left with no more good friend or family. But what Gods Word imparts to us is to have faith hope and love in our hearts, and never give up as you never know what is to be found around the corner. New friends can happen throughout our lifetime.

Reaching out to someone is also a way, to be friendly, and as long as we practice throughout our lifetime reaching out to others, you never know where you might find another really true gem of a friend.

I live in the country now for over 14 years,  it is very different life from the city lifestyle I had before that. But in 14 years, so much has changed, the city has become much more busy and with more cars and construction going on, much harder to get by from one place to another. Now when i return home from work in the city to the country , I find my peace, my calm and my opportunity to embrace nature. Many friends of mine have passed away in the fourteen years I have lived here, Some where very close and good friends dear to my heart with whom I could visit with and spend time with and who also could visit with me here in the country and spend time with me here. When i moved here, i still had many hopes and plans, but some of those hopes and plans where not what God wanted for my life. But for sure growing in Christ was very much in His plans, and this country place gave me the opportunity to focus more on Him and less on the world. Now I am 14 years older, and my energy levels have dropped some, I still have plans, that I would like to accomplish here, but sometimes when I feel overwhelmed, I feel that perhaps I am living my last stretch here in the country, taking care of my 13 year old dog, my now two cats and six chickens, and keep in mind that maybe, some time in the future, I may one day have to return to the city, just because it is closer to hospitals, stores and community places . However my heart is here in the country,  I rather live and die here, but if the time comes that i have to move back, I know that I will readjust and that other opportunities will come my way. Because that is what life can bring to us: opportunities and solutions to problems, until we are finally called Home. But until then, no matter what befalls us we are called to run the course and utilize our faith and His Word to see us through

In these years, to keep me from feeling alone I have had animals who also had a good life here with me and through old age some have passed away now. What is left are some good memories of how they came into my life, the good times we shared and also the loneliness in not having them around me anymore.  But new animal friends have come along and renew my joy .   So one thing I know, is that you can always make friends, you can always save animals or get one or several for companionship.   The thing is when you truly have friends or are involved with some project in life, however humble it is, or go to some community gathering of sorts, these all help at times to lesson the load, especially in difficult times, when the feeling of hardship and loneliness tries to set in.

Remember also winter time, is cold & dark, weather wise, it can be physically, emotionally,  a trying time . Many people from January till spring can get a more intensified sense of isolation & loneliness. But unless we are deserted on an island, there are always animals, people, places, resources we can reach out to, to ask for help or sometimes to go and help out. Many times when we reach out to help someone else, it sometimes can be just a phone call, we end up helping ourselves as well.

The world is unfolding as it should, in everything there is a season, in God hands we place our trust and march on to fight the good fight of faith/faithfulness for His Glory. Not looking back but pressing on forward in His Love.

God Bless you to find the beauty and hope that surrounds you in Him.

In Christ Jesus always

1to3

I'm sure you meant well but this just made me feel worse.  In the 16 years since i rededicated my life back to Christ I haven't had a Christian friend or family member try and stand by my side and comfort me or deciple me or whatever, anything, there were small groups and bible studies but nothing ever beyond boring surface stuff, nothing close to what i'd call friendship, or even open to it.  I understand the logical conclusion is it must be me, but I'm just trying to go according to what the bible says and find a group of people that are doing the same, and i just can't find anybody.  I'm sure it's just me, I'm some kind of freak that's hard to relate to i guess.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

3 hours ago, StJoek said:

I'm sure you meant well but this just made me feel worse.  In the 16 years since i rededicated my life back to Christ I haven't had a Christian friend or family member try and stand by my side and comfort me or deciple me or whatever, anything, there were small groups and bible studies but nothing ever beyond boring surface stuff, nothing close to what i'd call friendship, or even open to it.  I understand the logical conclusion is it must be me, but I'm just trying to go according to what the bible says and find a group of people that are doing the same, and i just can't find anybody.  I'm sure it's just me, I'm some kind of freak that's hard to relate to i guess.

Yes i was only trying to be of help.

I don't think you are alone in feeling alone, there are so many people feeling alone, and this world is changing so fast. I don't think you or anybody can ever find true satisfaction until you find Gods peace within you and take the initiative to do things on your own that are positive ie: creating a peaceful environment in your home, that makes you happy to be at home, eating well, exercising, having some kind of productive Hobie that will give you satisfaction in knowing that you can get by in Christ even if their are not many Christians around you. Please never depend on people to make you happy. Depend instead on becoming self reliant with God as your sustainer. If you need people for help, there are resources. Your christian walk should not be solely dependent having Christians friends in your life. For sure that is a bonus and something good for us to search for, but sometimes depending on our living circumstances, it is not so easy to find. That is why I suggested getting involved with your community social projects or programs that at least can bring you together with other people. You never know who you meet even at a community social who is another christian or someone you can shine your Light unto or who can shine their light on you.

When you say you dedicated your life back to Christ, what does that mean for you?

I know that when i dedicated my life back to Christ in 2002, it was between me and God, and His Word and letting go of worldly things and  secular ways of life so to live more and more for Him .  The more i let go the more I got closer to God and the more Gods Holy Spirit was able to correct me, guide me and help me change into His new creation. I learnt to trust the Lord, and the more trust I placed in Him the more He was able to work in me  Becoming His new creation is a process with ups and downs but always goes on and onwards.  Everyday are faced with new tests of faith. But He is there to help us through and to overcome

There is a solution to your loneliness St Joek, if you keep searching you will find it, that is a guarantee from Gods Word.

I have found for me that the more I place my dependence on people, places, things to make my happiness; the lonelier I can become in my mind for having depended on them and then having also been let down by them. However when i utilize correctly the social aspect of being human and take upon my ownself the responsibility for my spiritual well being and peace of mind, I am much more at peace, as My God will never Leave me or let me down, but people, animals, life circumstances will. For sure it is wise to have a plan of people you can call upon, especially if you have no more family around you that could step in if need be. Luckily their are social resources and even some churches you can join to find and get established socially( so they know you) so that if you ever do need that extra help, you can call on these people and maybe some will be of help to you.  But best to always count on God and He will help you meet your needs and even provide the right people at the right time to help you.

Not everyone is called to have a husband, wife,many friends, or even come from a loving family, to even have a family. some are called to experience solitude. But with solitude there are also opportunities to grow spiritually and get closer to God and grow in His wisdom, Again it all depends on what you make of it. You can either choose to wallow in self pity or you can chose to take responsibility with your life and start making productive choices that are not solely dependent on intimate personal relationships with people.  That should be the icing on the cake but not what makes the cake a quality cake.

John 16:33

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

I certainly am not saying its all a peace of cake with super icing on it, many times in our loneliness and despair, if we turn to God, He will help us towards finding a solution. And many times in our deepest despair is the way to the solution through Gods direction.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3

15 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Yes i was only trying to be of help.

I don't think you are alone in feeling alone, there are so many people feeling alone, and this world is changing so fast. I don't think you or anybody can ever find true satisfaction until you find Gods peace within you and take the initiative to do things on your own that are positive ie: creating a peaceful environment in your home, that makes you happy to be at home, eating well, exercising, having some kind of productive Hobie that will give you satisfaction in knowing that you can get by in Christ even if their are not many Christians around you. Please never depend on people to make you happy. Depend instead on becoming self reliant with God as your sustainer. If you need people for help, there are resources. Your christian walk should not be solely dependent having Christians friends in your life. For sure that is a bonus and something good for us to search for, but sometimes depending on our living circumstances, it is not so easy to find. That is why I suggested getting involved with your community social projects or programs that at least can bring you together with other people. You never know who you meet even at a community social who is another christian or someone you can shine your Light unto or who can shine their light on you.

When you say you dedicated your life back to Christ, what does that mean for you?

I know that when i dedicated my life back to Christ in 2002, it was between me and God, and His Word and letting go of worldly things and  secular ways of life so to live more and more for Him .  The more i let go the more I got closer to God and the more Gods Holy Spirit was able to correct me, guide me and help me change into His new creation. I learnt to trust the Lord, and the more trust I placed in Him the more He was able to work in me  Becoming His new creation is a process with ups and downs but always goes on and onwards.  Everyday are faced with new tests of faith. But He is there to help us through and to overcome

There is a solution to your loneliness St Joek, if you keep searching you will find it, that is a guarantee from Gods Word.

I have found for me that the more I place my dependence on people, places, things to make my happiness; the lonelier I can become in my mind for having depended on them and then having also been let down by them. However when i utilize correctly the social aspect of being human and take upon my ownself the responsibility for my spiritual well being and peace of mind, I am much more at peace, as My God will never Leave me or let me down, but people, animals, life circumstances will. For sure it is wise to have a plan of people you can call upon, especially if you have no more family around you that could step in if need be. Luckily their are social resources and even some churches you can join to find and get established socially( so they know you) so that if you ever do need that extra help, you can call on these people and maybe some will be of help to you.  But best to always count on God and He will help you meet your needs and even provide the right people at the right time to help you.

Not everyone is called to have a husband, wife,many friends, or even come from a loving family, to even have a family. some are called to experience solitude. But with solitude there are also opportunities to grow spiritually and get closer to God and grow in His wisdom, Again it all depends on what you make of it. You can either choose to wallow in self pity or you can chose to take responsibility with your life and start making productive choices that are not solely dependent on intimate personal relationships with people.  That should be the icing on the cake but not what makes the cake a quality cake.

John 16:33

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

I certainly am not saying its all a peace of cake with super icing on it, many times in our loneliness and despair, if we turn to God, He will help us towards finding a solution. And many times in our deepest despair is the way to the solution through Gods direction.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Well you've taken the time to write all these things, and I respect that because it shows you care, but I think your wrong.  I think having others in our lives is a fundamental part of the Christian walk, this is why there's all those love one another verses, I don't think it's an extra bonus to have Christian friends but necessary for our growth and strengthening.  Solitude may be necessary for periods of time in order to have a more intimate relationship with God but I don't think a person can have proper solitude when they are isolated, like myself.  My point is i've been looking for these social resources you speak of and in I don't know how many different churches and have come up completely empty handed.  I know the tendency is to blame me and say I didn't look hard enough or I'm being difficult and there's nothing I can do to get people not to think that but I'm telling you all that all these social systems and churchs, at least in the USA, are in apostasy and can't help me.  How esle could I have spent so much time in so many different churchs and not have any loving one another going on.  If you think you know of a group of people that are actually following the scriptures and loving one another then please share it, I don't care where it is in the US, I'll contact them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom StJoek,

I don't know if it's any consolation, but isn't it encouraging to you to see so many people respond to you with advice and kind words? Looks like you are already starting to form some digital friends. I realise that is different than face-to-face but the advantage with digital is that people aren't forced to talk with you because you are in the same room - they choose to out of love. Surely that counts for something so far? It's a start, at least! Praise Yahweh

Yahweh is surely aware of your situation and, if you've prayed about it, He surely knows your feelings on the matter. Ultimately, God wants us to be happy and to have great relationships. That is for sure in the next life. But, in this life, and at this time in history, it's not as easy. So what then? Will things stay as they are? Well, it could be one of these three possibilities:

1. Your situation is soon to change - it's just down the line until you reach that appointed moment in time

2. You're in a form of training - It could be from this experience Yahweh would have you rely on Him only and entirely, and then he will bring the blessings of relationships.  As sometimes relationships can become more important to us that the Father himself.

3. You're in a form of outreach - Not all Christians can be inside churches and home groups or on the streets preaching. Sometimes Christians need to live on the fringe of the "fishing net" to catch the fish at farthest reach of the net.  It could be you that you will communicate better with isolated non-believers much better than a Christian who takes relationships for granted. It may even start with the help you bring on this forum!

Those are just some ideas. The last thing I want to be is like Job's friends - advising things that aren't true! However, it's more to demonstrate how the plans of God are always at work to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. 

Until you find that group of friends physically, remember you have them here digitally. Praise Yahweh.

Love & Shalom

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Edited by 1to3