Jump to content
StJoek

wish i were home

Recommended Posts

@StJoek

Hello, Joe -- I do believe that fellowship with Christians is an important part of one's Christian walk; however, I believe that in today's world, many Christians are beginning to feel lost "among the crowd" and therefore, are losing their fellowship with God.  Too many distractions! Perhaps alone fellowship with the Lord is much more important and what would benefit a Christian the most. It seems people are being led to believe increasingly so that they have to be social and have lots of friends. 

Lately, I have been feeling the need to spend more time with my Father--alone. I'd like to  take my Bible with me and go outside and walk. If I could, I'd take a walk by the ocean or sit atop a hill, lifting my head up to the sky and listening to His still small voice, meditating over His Word and asking Him to show me what He wants me to do. I'd tell Him all about my sorrows and the the desires of my heart...in quietness. 

I believe that the more we fellowship with God, the more we will know Him, and the more we will love people and become more lovable ourselves.

Silence can be better than noise. 

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


.

 

 

 

Edited by 1to3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SelahSong said:

@StJoek

Hello, Joe -- I do believe that fellowship with Christians is an important part of one's Christian walk; however, I believe that in today's world, many Christians are beginning to feel lost "among the crowd" and therefore, are losing their fellowship with God.  Too many distractions! Perhaps alone fellowship with the Lord is much more important and what would benefit a Christian the most. It seems people are being led to believe increasingly so that they have to be social and have lots of friends. 

Lately, I have been feeling the need to spend more time with my Father--alone. I'd like to  take my Bible with me and go outside and walk. If I could, I'd take a walk by the ocean or sit atop a hill, lifting my head up to the sky and listening to His still small voice, meditating over His Word and asking Him to show me what He wants me to do. I'd tell Him all about my sorrows and the the desires of my heart...in quietness. 

I believe that the more we fellowship with God, the more we will know Him, and the more we will love people and become more lovable ourselves.

Silence can be better than noise. 

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

You are loved sister .   Due to the popes eleventh commandment of go ye and find common ground and unity and make friends with all,   this has been a huge

push for some time .    Todays call is make ye friends with all no matter what they do or believe and find common ground .

What a recipe for total disaster and a result has been a greater falling away .    Todays people think it strange if we are hated , in fact if we are hated it means we must

not be walking in love .    We need to learn Christ and get well fed in bibles and follow the Spirit and not the flesh .

How can one be fed , when all that is being fed , feeds the entertainment of fleshly pursuits and etc .

The reason lambs are coming out of insitutions like this , IS the LORD has been calling them out and getting them with true minded ones no matter how small the group .

Let me sum it up likethis .     If I wanted goats chow ,  I would have remained a goat .    A tiny lamb desires only truth and chow for goats it will not suckle nor eat of it .

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*snicker*  "goat chow"   rofl

Man I love you brother and I so dearly love the manner of expression and personality He gave you to serve Him with!   hallelujah it's good to laugh :)

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom StJoek,

I don't know if it's any consolation, but isn't it encouraging to you to see so many people respond to you with advice and kind words? Looks like you are already starting to form some digital friends. I realise that is different than face-to-face but the advantage with digital is that people aren't forced to talk with you because you are in the same room - they choose to out of love. Surely that counts for something so far? It's a start, at least! Praise Yahweh

Yahweh is surely aware of your situation and, if you've prayed about it, He surely knows your feelings on the matter. Ultimately, God wants us to be happy and to have great relationships. That is for sure in the next life. But, in this life, and at this time in history, it's not as easy. So what then? Will things stay as they are? Well, it could be one of these three possibilities:

1. Your situation is soon to change - it's just down the line until you reach that appointed moment in time

2. You're in a form of training - It could be from this experience Yahweh would have you rely on Him only and entirely, and then he will bring the blessings of relationships.  As sometimes relationships can become more important to us that the Father himself.

3. You're in a form of outreach - Not all Christians can be inside churches and home groups or on the streets preaching. Sometimes Christians need to live on the fringe of the "fishing net" to catch the fish at farthest reach of the net.  It could be you that you will communicate better with isolated non-believers much better than a Christian who takes relationships for granted. It may even start with the help you bring on this forum!

Those are just some ideas. The last thing I want to be is like Job's friends - advising things that aren't true! However, it's more to demonstrate how the plans of God are always at work to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. 

Until you find that group of friends physically, remember you have them here digitally. Praise Yahweh.

Love & Shalom

 

 

God wants us to be happy and to have great relationships

HAPPY IS THE ONE WHO KEEPS MY SAYINGS .     The great relationship IN CHRIST makes a man happy and joyful , rejoicing no matter what comes against that man .

WHO wants to leap for joy .

Blessed are you when you are persecuted for my name sake   , when men shall separate you from their company for my name sake  REJOICE   LEAP FOR JOY

for great is your reward in heaven .   

Rejoicing that they had been counted worthy to suffer shame for His name .

Yes ,  God wants us happy ,  happy WITH AND IN CHRIST .

OH, let the LOVE of righteousness, truth of GOD be shed upon the hearts .    For the love that comes from GOD rejoices in truth .

Where the LORD is loved above all ,   mother , father , wife , son , daughter ,  Any and all .    And from that pure love comes the way one should love the other.

FOR IF any loves not TRUTH , their love is sensual and of the world and as the world and it is NOT OF the FATHER .

ITS time to put those hands up and praise the LORD .  And to know that our times of relative peace is over . By that I mean PERSECUTIONS will only increase

world wide against true lambs .   When the popes and many protestant daughters who preach this phony love unity message has reached the full,

WE GET betrayed .   OH rejoice when you are persecuted and praise the Lord my friends .

They can keep their pile of stinky unity ,     I got mine with Christ and all who love HIM in SPIRIT and TRUTH .

They can keep theirs , for their unity is with and for rome who , in case folks aint paying attention has went from bad to worse to total vile messages now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StJoek said:

I know the tendency is to blame me and say I didn't look hard enough or I'm being difficult and there's nothing I can do to get people not to think that but I'm telling you all that all these social systems and churches, at least in the USA, are in apostasy and can't help me.  How else could I have spent so much time in so many different churches and not have any loving one another going on.

If you think you know of a group of people that are actually following the scriptures and loving one another then please share it, I don't care where it is in the US, I'll contact them.

I'll start with the blanket statement that all churches, etc. in the USA are in apostasy. Blanket statements are a bad idea because they rarely represent reality.

First: What is your definition of apostasy? How long have you been looking for a new church or other believers? 

If you're looking for a perfect church . . . give the idea up now. Paul said we see through a glass darkly, so no one is going to "get it" perfectly on this side of eternity. My last church went "seeker friendly" and watered down the gospel, they liked the numbers (and probably the money coming in) and were not going to change. It was suggested I could leave if I didn't like it . . . so I left. It took me a year and a half to find a church where the Lord wanted me, and it wasn't the big building with the fancy campus down the road. I was pretty disgusted with the whole thing at that point. My current church was the last on my list, since I decided I wasn't going to look any more after that one.

Fellowship and believing friends was different. I was into drugs and alcohol before I got saved, so I have that background and I found plenty of other believers in some local recovery groups and volunteering at the rescue mission in town. Met all sorts of believers there too. I've lived and worked all over the world, and sometimes we have to let our personal definition of Christianity crack and expand a bit. The Lord will often put us in situations where that's the only way we can survive spiritually. I personally do not do well in my walk with Christ when I am alone too long. Paul compared the Christian life to being a soldier in an army and he's right - a soldier isolated behind enemy lines is in grave danger. So are we when isolated in this world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 7:01 AM, StJoek said:

This world is the most awful place i could have ever imagined and the longer I'm here the more I see how bad it really is.  I wish I at least had somebody to talk to while I'm stuck here.  How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

The "where" can be anywhere.  The "how" is pretty simple, I think.  If you wear your joy in the Lord in everything you do--by this I mean, smile, do your work cheerfully, show kindness toward others, be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within you--you will attract people who WANT to be your friend.  YOU will be a good influence on THEM.  You will be the answer to someone else's search for a Godly friend.  A couple of proverbs come to mind.... "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken" (Proverbs 15:13).  If your heart is full of the joy of the Lord, your face will reflect it.  "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend" (Proverbs 27:17).  Focus on being the one to enrich someone else's life with the love of Christ, and you will be rewarded--maybe with a friend who will be the same for you, but most assuredly with the assurance that you have followed the example of Jesus.

May you be blessed as you wait on the LORD for a friend.    :)   "... His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,..." (2 Peter 1:3).

Edited by PromisesPromises!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, StJoek said:

This world is the most awful place i could have ever imagined and the longer I'm here the more I see how bad it really is.  I wish I at least had somebody to talk to while I'm stuck here.  How/where do you go about finding a Godly friend?

We are right here and you just did it and you can have peace on earth by just knowing Jesus he is my escape when I have had enough of this world. We are temp. visitors just passing through until we become perminate   residents when Jesus comes here to rule and rain, cannot wait but in the mean time lets laugh pray and unite as his body what a great opportunity he has given us. A world of sinners just waiting to meet him!

Edited by backontrack
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Today's call is make ye friends with all no matter what they do or believe and find common ground .

What a recipe for total disaster and a result has been a greater falling away .    Today's people think it strange if we are hated , in fact if we are hated it means we must

not be walking in love

You sure about that ?............(For  God so loved the world............, and look what happened to Him)

1 John, 3, 13    "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you."

John 15, 18-21  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sower said:

You sure about that ?............(For  God so loved the world............, and look what happened to Him)

1 John, 3, 13    "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you."

John 15, 18-21  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

 

sower ,  you treed the wrong coon my friend .     I agree with what you wrote .  But try telling that to this false love unity common ground all paths generation .

Its what they say , not what I say .    But at least what you said is right .    Sower , on that note ,  it don't matter what the pope calls ya ,   You know I loves ya .    Now leap up

and praise the Lord .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×