• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It involves the Who of God in His Holiness as unholy and holy cannot be mixed...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

because the bride of Christ will be pure and clothed in white. 

God wants whats real, and those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be for God and His ways.  they will be chasing His righteousness and His kingdom.  they will want to get out of this dirty world and stay pure. 

its not about quantity, as many preachers these days  would have you think, but rather its about quality.  Thru out all ages and generations God has said the same thing... turn from sin, stop sinning, holiness unto the Lord, seek God and do right... etc, etc. 

God wants His temple to be clean, not a filthy cup to live in.  its why The Book says Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

he knows the intents of our hearts from far away... He knows our thoughts... He knows everything about us way better than we do as every hair is numbered.  Nothing is hidden from His eyes, and He is closer to us than our very breath.

remember what happened when King David numbered the people?  wasnt good.  God wants quality, sincere honest and love filled even adoration filled relationships.  Love feasts.... I love you I love you I love you... I love you..... well into the hours of the night. 

edit: God has given us every way, every tool to do it.  in every way God restored what man and sin destroyed.  we are more than conquerors thru Christ.  death Hell the grave the enemy... all have been defeated.  its why he told us He has overcome the world.... and to be of good cheer.  its up to us to seek God and purify our hearts... He is the One that does it for us... but if we do it His way, and He is the way... He is Faithful.  

Exactly Cletus .   Far too many have sat under the wrong folks .    And men have used tactics for quantity .     OH but the message should always be QUALITY in CHRIST centered doctrine .

It reminds me of the parable of the fisher .    Oh many fish were caught , but not all were put in the good vessels .

Its not the quantity that matters ,  ITS the bait we used that matters for those who bite of the pure bait , those are the saved and made clean ones IN CHRIST .

Most today base their productivity in the numbers of how many they can get in .   The only problem is ,  if a fish loves wordly bait  THEN IT BIT NOT ON the line that saves .

GOD knows who is coming and who is not .  WE simply preach the same message and same doctrine that CHRIST and those apostels did .

Man cannot give the increase , though he thinks his ways can .  NO ONLY GOD CAN .  WHOEVER  hears and comes amen .   Whoever rejects is damned .

Let he who fishes for men , DO SO BY THE POWER of the GREAT FISHER of men , CHRIST .   Marvel not JESUS told them ,  no man can come to ME lest the FATHER

draw them .    Mans flesh feeding ways to win converts ,   AINT WINNING no one .   FOR they are not coming to CHRIST , but to what tickles and entertains them .

The end of that is death .    Man cannot improve upon the way of GOD .  And anytime he does so think he can , it ends with bad fish and saves none .

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

But if that message is not enough , then I leave us with this .

DID JESUS ever once PANDER HIS MESSAGE in any way to draw large crowds .  DID HE ever focus on ways to win , OR DID HE SIMPLY SPEAK TRUTH

and whoever truly heard , CAME .

JESUS did not pander to the flesh of men to win any man .  HE SPOKE truth ,HE often warned out against what was wicked

and was heard saying REPENT .     In fact when he went back over certain cities HE had already preached too and found they had not repented .

HE then said , WOE UNTO YOU , WOE UNTO YOU , it will be better for even Sodom in the day of judgment than for YOU .

Or how about this seeker friendly approach , WHICH destroyed our churches I might add.

WHEN JESUS was told by his own desicples ,  LORD did you not KNOW this offended them .    He said leave them BE , let them alone

for every plant that my FATHER has not planted shall be rooted up .   They the blind leading the blind and both shall fall into the ditch .

Notice JESUS did not say ,  OH man , that was a bit offensive .   Maybe we should change our message and go door to door and ask them what would cause them

to come into my house .   SEEKER FRIEDNLY was a sham .    ALL we need to do is preach CHRIST and HIM crucifed ,  then water what comes in with pure words .

And understand that we are naught and that ONLY GOD can give the increase .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, then the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

Hello @StJoek,

It is not a matter of 'win' or 'lose' where God is concerned.  

The 'winners' or 'losers' are you or I.  For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death  However, God has provided the means whereby we may be saved from death and it's consequences, on the basis of the sacrificial offering of His Own beloved Son.   The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ His Son. Yes, through that one all-sufficient sacrifice, whereby Christ took our sin and it's penalty upon Himself and died in our place. we may have life.  Resurrection life, in the New Heaven and the New Earth, that He has promised will come, in which righteousness will reign.

I hope you will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and trust God to keep His promise, then you will receive His gift, offered to all, and received by many, yet refused by some. Why should you lose that wondrous gift, on the basis of an unfounded argument.  Why not win Christ, and be found, 'in Him', not have a righteousness of your own, but the righteousness which is of God by faith.  

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

because the bride of Christ will be pure and clothed in white. 

God wants whats real, and those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be for God and His ways.  they will be chasing His righteousness and His kingdom.  they will want to get out of this dirty world and stay pure. 

its not about quantity, as many preachers these days  would have you think, but rather its about quality.  Thru out all ages and generations God has said the same thing... turn from sin, stop sinning, holiness unto the Lord, seek God and do right... etc, etc. 

God wants His temple to be clean, not a filthy cup to live in.  its why The Book says Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

he knows the intents of our hearts from far away... He knows our thoughts... He knows everything about us way better than we do as every hair is numbered.  Nothing is hidden from His eyes, and He is closer to us than our very breath.

remember what happened when King David numbered the people?  wasnt good.  God wants quality, sincere honest and love filled even adoration filled relationships.  Love feasts.... I love you I love you I love you... I love you..... well into the hours of the night. 

edit: God has given us every way, every tool to do it.  in every way God restored what man and sin destroyed.  we are more than conquerors thru Christ.  death Hell the grave the enemy... all have been defeated.  its why he told us He has overcome the world.... and to be of good cheer.  its up to us to seek God and purify our hearts... He is the One that does it for us... but if we do it His way, and He is the way... He is Faithful.  

So where's the "quality" Christians?  I've never been to a love feast, nor heard of a church that has them.  If God is looking for quality I don't think He sees it among this generation, certainly not in me.

12 minutes ago, Christine said:

Hello @StJoek,

It is not a matter of 'win' or 'lose' where God is concerned.  

The 'winners' or 'losers' are you or I.  For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death  However, God has provided the means whereby we may be saved from death and it's consequences, on the basis of the sacrificial offering of His Own beloved Son.   The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ His Son. Yes, through that one all-sufficient sacrifice, whereby Christ took our sin and it's penalty upon Himself and died in our place. we may have life.  Resurrection life, in the New Heaven and the New Earth, that He has promised will come, in which righteousness will reign.

I hope you will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and trust God to keep His promise, then you will receive His gift, offered to all, and received by many, yet refused by some. Why should you lose that wondrous gift, on the basis of an unfounded argument.  Why not win Christ, and be found, 'in Him', not have a righteousness of your own, but the righteousness which is of God by faith.  

In Christ Jesus

Chris

What makes you think I don't believe on the Lord Jesus Christ?  lol

41 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But if that message is not enough , then I leave us with this .

DID JESUS ever once PANDER HIS MESSAGE in any way to draw large crowds .  DID HE ever focus on ways to win , OR DID HE SIMPLY SPEAK TRUTH

and whoever truly heard , CAME .

JESUS did not pander to the flesh of men to win any man .  HE SPOKE truth ,HE often warned out against what was wicked

and was heard saying REPENT .     In fact when he went back over certain cities HE had already preached too and found they had not repented .

HE then said , WOE UNTO YOU , WOE UNTO YOU , it will be better for even Sodom in the day of judgment than for YOU .

Or how about this seeker friendly approach , WHICH destroyed our churches I might add.

WHEN JESUS was told by his own desicples ,  LORD did you not KNOW this offended them .    He said leave them BE , let them alone

for every plant that my FATHER has not planted shall be rooted up .   They the blind leading the blind and both shall fall into the ditch .

Notice JESUS did not say ,  OH man , that was a bit offensive .   Maybe we should change our message and go door to door and ask them what would cause them

to come into my house .   SEEKER FRIEDNLY was a sham .    ALL we need to do is preach CHRIST and HIM crucifed ,  then water what comes in with pure words .

And understand that we are naught and that ONLY GOD can give the increase .

Jesus once asked if He would find faith when He returned.  I'm just looking for those who He said we'd know are His disciples because of their love for one another.  Where are those people?

The more I look around the more people I see headed for hell, maybe all of us.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

4 hours ago, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

I'm not sure your  opening assumption is correct.  There's something interesting in demographics we can consider, but population growth has reflected it for almost any time period you wish to examine.  Long story short, is that as population has grown it has maintained a ratio of dead to living that has more alive at any given time than have died since the beginning of humanity.

If the end times include a great harvest (and that seems undeniable to me anyway), it remains to be seen just whether heaven or the lake of fire ends up with more human souls.  And after this age ends and the King has returned we still have 1000 yrs of human history to be written before the end of this world.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I'm not sure your  opening assumption is correct.  There's something interesting in demographics we can consider, but population growth has reflected it for almost any time period you wish to examine.  Long story short, is that as population has grown it has maintained a ratio of dead to living that has more alive at any given time than have died since the beginning of humanity.

If the end times include a great harvest (and that seems undeniable to me anyway), it remains to be seen just whether heaven or the lake of fire ends up with more human souls.  And after this age ends and the King has returned we still have 1000 yrs of human history to be written before the end of this world.

I agree but keep in mind that even after the end of the 1000 year reign, when we have Jesus living on earth with us as our King, a very large portion of society is going to side with the devil when Jesus lets him out of the pit.  It just kinda blows my mind.  I'm sure there's something in the Lords plan I'm not seeing, very sure we see life through a dark glass after all, but when I look around at all the heresy and apostasy and just lack of love it's staggering.