• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom StJoek

No, it's not a win for God in that sense. However, what more could be done for man than offering him a free gift of grace and eternal life?  There definitely will be a lot who will perish, tragically. Just as there is definitely a lot in this world today who think, plan and do evil - wilful rejecting God and following their own selfish ambitions and desires.

But all is not lost, there are true Christians in the world today. I'm not sure how many, but I'm sure it IS many - although not as many as who profess.

Consider EliYahu's (Elijah's) state of mind in 1 Kings 19. How does Yahweh respond to him in verse 18 when EliYahu was sure he must be the only dedicated one left?

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
spelling mistake!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

18 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Sometimes we just need to clean our lenses to see things more clearly, so what I would suggest is to consider this analogy that scripture teaches.  You're married, so I think the concept will ring true to you.  God describes His children as a bride, a chosen bride, just like when you fell in love you chose a woman.  Now you didn't choose a woman that despises you, or doesn't respect you, or most importantly, doesn't love you or want a relationship with you.

God desires that everyone come to Him, but does not force Himself on people.  It is up to each of us as individuals to work out our own salvation, just as it is up to each of us to put effort into our relationships with other people for them to succeed.  Why is one path narrow and the other wide?  Because it is always easier to do the wrong thing than it is to do the right thing, and more people are willing to go along with what is wrong to avoid personal complications.  In other words, more people love themselves, so they choose whatever direction makes their life easier.

God bless

I'll think about it but at first glance it seems like a line of thinking that will fill you with pride and ultimately blind you.

15 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, as Friend has said, stop beating yourself up, condemnation comes from the devil,

...certainly not in me, ...that tells me the Holy Spirit is talking to you, He has shown you the need and I'm certain you will find others with the same need, sheep are naturally gregarious, ...you are the one to start a love feast, buy some pizza, or whatever, invite some people you know that profess the name of Christ and have one, read the Word together, take Communion together, most important is pray together and ask Father what He wants to do with the Love feast, ...the Holy Spirit is very active all over the world, He's just looking for those with a faithful heart.

Lord bless

Ya know what i realized is that i cant think of any time Jesus said to anybody "dont beat yourself up" on the contrary He called people dogs...lol...but all kidding aside there's a lesson there somewhere.  I think its important to stay humble is all...God help me not to take it too far...but in this time of delusion we should be careful to keep our eyes pealed for what truly is in our hearts....it's hard to tell if your asleep when your dreaming.

Edited by StJoek

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, StJoek said:

What makes you think I don't believe on the Lord Jesus Christ?  lol

Forgive me, @StJoek, but your question appeared to me to suggest that you were on the outside looking in, rather than as a believer to a fellow believer.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,

Chris

Edited by Christine

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 2/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

only people who truly deserve to go will be their, the rest go to heaven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, noblenut said:

only people who truly deserve to go will be their, the rest go to heaven

Not exactly, all deserve to go to Hell, those are not there, are in Heaven by God's grace and mercy!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Not exactly, all deserve to go to Hell, those are not there, are in Heaven by God's grace and mercy!

not the righteous

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

There is no one righteous, not even one, unless that righteousness was received as a gift of grace from God. Our righteousness is as filthy rags!

We get to Heaven based in His righteousness, not our righteousness!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

this is true . its such a depressing thought... I don't know how its a win for God. it just is what it is.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, Figure of eighty said:

this is true . its such a depressing thought... I don't know how its a win for God. it just is what it is.

I think that says it best, it just is what it is.  We know that God is perfect and all He does is just and right and we have to trust in His plan, the Lord Jesus, but obviously we aren't seeing the whole picture.  

I know your feeling lonely and struggling sister, I just tried to reply on one of your posts but my internet crashed and I lost all I said, but in short you need to recognize your in a spiritual struggle and you have an enemy that's keeping you pinned down, demons/curses, are real.  You probably wont learn much in your church about spiritual warfare but there's a few good resources online, Wen Wirley(not sure how to spell his name) is a good one on youtube.  

Remember God chastens those whom He loves.  You'll overcome as long as you stay in the fight and keep your eyes on Jesus(He's overcome for us).  But you have to start taking the fight to the enemy and understand the devices he's using to keep you down.  Praying for you, chat me up anytime.  God bless,

Philippians 1:6 (KJV)
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: