• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/3/2019 at 12:26 PM, Jostler said:

it remains to be seen just whether heaven or the lake of fire ends up with more human souls. 

Remember instead what is written.  What is written is Truth, always, unchanging.

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

I forgot, asking good questions is forbidden here.  

< shrugs >  Who knows ?  Show me a good question .....    I think a lot of them have been posted; although maybe just a remnant overall.

19 minutes ago, Vince said:

So my question was not good enough for a real response?

A real response is what you got,  and is leading, hopefully, to correct (and experiential) knowledge in line with Scripture.

Isn't that what you want ?    Something in line with all Scripture ?

For example,  if I remember right,  your post implied that God chose people to be condemned.   Can you show in Scripture that God chose them to be condemned ? 

Or is it like Jesus said to the unbelievers "  I won't judge you on that day;  My Word will judge you" 

or

to use an analogy if you offer 25 men on a football team brand new jerseys/ uniforms/ helmets and shoes,

and all but one or two gets them and wears them as required to play ,

then those who do not get the uniforms required to play,  whose 'fault'/ responsibility is that ?  They could have gotten the uniforms,  but chose not to.    Therefore,  they are not allowed to play, as per the rules they knew beforehand. 

26 minutes ago, Vince said:

Jude 3-4 ESV:

"Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

John 6:36-37 ESV  

"But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."

JOhn 6:44 ESV "No  one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

God chooses who will be saved and who will be condemned.

Try again.   If the attitude was set upon Christ, then perhaps half right here.  If the attitude is not set upon Christ,  then nothing right here.

See if the difference in meaning , as Yahweh's Word shows and uses,  between what you seem to think or maybe are trying to imply,  and what God's Word actually says in line with all of His Word, Justice, Mercy and Righteousness.....

Yahweh never had to choose who will be condemned.   Everyone starts condemned for one thing.  Most remain condemned by their own choice, for the second thing.   And third,  people are judged for /by / their own words and actions. 

It is truly a miracle of sheer mercy and grace that Yahweh saves anyone,  and that multitudes choose not to be saved, they do so willingly and willfully, rejecting Yahweh's Mercy and Justice and Redemption Gift of Atonement/Salvation in Jesus.

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

Who set up the game?  God did.  These passages I quoted clearly show a god that chooses to save some and not others.  He destines people to a hell he created because of his rules.  The only reason people are condemned is because god says they are based on his rules.  

That is a very solid (like quicksand)  but false school of thinking (opposed to all Scripture) and developed by men over the last several hundred years (or longer).

It does not fit the picture/ shirt print? / avatar "Jesus is my Savior,  not my religion",

since it is much more in line with (false) religion than Scripture.

1 minute ago, Vince said:

My avatar has no bearing on what scripture says. 

Do you admit that your avatar is not true ? !  That is not expected!   Like I said,  I thought you posted today or in the last few days that you chose to believe in Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Vince said:

No. My point was that the truth of the Bible is not dependent on my avatar. Why not engage the rest of my points or questions?

If the statement on the chosen avatar is wrong/false,  then nothing more remains to be addressed since building on quicksand always sinks.

Like someone said in the last two years publicly - once a man was exposed as a crook,  it would not make any sense to trust that man any more.

As far as any point made earlier - when a statement is made, as it was, and a claim is made, as it was,  but the Scripture does not support the claim,  then there is nothing to engage, is there ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/3/2019 at 8:28 AM, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

You are conflating a scripture (a lot of people on a wide road) with a concept (the Bible teaches most are lost), which the Bible does not teach.

I believe there are more in Heaven than Hell. Young children, miscarriages and aborted babies, and the mentally infirm, plus everyone who is open to God's grace.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

On 2/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, simplejeff said:

There's a few errors in the op, but no worry, per se.  (not the thread to handle them , probably) .

Without Jesus,  everyone without any exception is doomed, period.   "Without Christ and without hope" - i.e. no way possible with man.

Yahweh (God) provides a way to be saved,  and with NO TROUBLE STAYING ON THE SAVED WAY (IN JESUS).  (continual daily (as written in the NT) peace, joy and righteousness is sheer gift in grace with salvation to all who are truly saved (no ongoing depression, anxiety, doubts, etc) ,  along with painful persecution required, as written as Jesus Says)

Do you really believe people with ongoing depression and anxiety wont be saved?

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

On 2/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, Billiards Ball said:

You are conflating a scripture (a lot of people on a wide road) with a concept (the Bible teaches most are lost), which the Bible does not teach.

I believe there are more in Heaven than Hell. Young children, miscarriages and aborted babies, and the mentally infirm, plus everyone who is open to God's grace.

good point.  Thanks!