Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

In to days world a Christian is almost any person who says I'm a Christian. Christian no longer describes what the word first meant. When believes were first called Christian in antilock it was a name given to them because they wee followers of Christ. They all walked in one faith. That faith was that Christ had come and was crucified for our sins.  They walked as those worthy of the name . They walked as one people. If one went to another city in which believers met they were no different they the believes in Antioch. Today the Bible is twisted to anyone's  choice of ideals no longer worthy of what the word Christian was when they were first called Christian.  We should not ask what is a Christian because that means you can be a member of any of a thousand different churches all with  their own beliefs.  

Today to ask what is a Christian may be more correct than asking WHO is a believer who walks as they once walked when they were first called Christian in Antioch. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

14 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

In to days world a Christian is almost any person who says I'm a Christian. Christian no longer describes what the word first meant. When believes were first called Christian in antilock it was a name given to them because they wee followers of Christ. They all walked in one faith. That faith was that Christ had come and was crucified for our sins.  They walked as those worthy of the name . They walked as one people. If one went to another city in which believers met they were no different they the believes in Antioch. Today the Bible is twisted to anyone's  choice of ideals no longer worthy of what the word Christian was when they were first called Christian.  We should not ask what is a Christian because that means you can be a member of any of a thousand different churches all with  their own beliefs.  

Today to ask what is a Christian may be more correct than asking WHO is a believer who walks as they once walked when they were first called Christian in Antioch. 

i do, hi follow brother(shake hands), no truer words said.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom Mike,

I do, or try my best to. There's still so much for me to learn.

I agree that the Christian Walk is one of dedicated and devoted discipleship. Not one of feeling fuzzy and nice, ticking a religion tick box, or picking and choosing verses and books.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Who Is a chriatian

By Mike Mclees, 17 hours ago in General Discussion

Any possibility of you editing your title and correcting the spelling, Mike?  Obviously you meant to type "Who Is A Christian?", but somehow the key to the left of 's' was pressed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

17 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Great point.

Cultural Christianity can be bad when it makes the name "Christian" void.

We must walk in repentance, in Spirit, in the Word and in Love.

We must know that our sins are washed in Christ's blood, but at the same time that the testifier of true faith is a constantly renewed heart.

May the Lord help us in this

• Thumbs Up 1