IGNORED

Should we pray for the souls of the people who abort babies, and does God still love them!

backontrack

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, pinacled said:
13 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I am pretty sure that passage refers to consuming blood, not murder :)   That apostolic council would surely not have needed to restate a prohibition against murder for even the dullest of Christians :)

Yes it is about a sin offering. And murder is not accepted as atonement.

Yes I agree, its about a sin offering and more so the drinking of blood was intentionally reserved since the animal was killed for the skin given to Adam and Eve up until Jesus said to drink His blood and eat His flesh...to take his life (spiritual ) into us.

As you said the verse is about something other than murder, so I don't think it should be included in the topic of murder simply because that verse doesn't apply.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, pinacled said:

You are Imputing sin. The warrior was used. Despisefully yes. But illiciting a charge of murder is a case you will lose.

The practioner who puts the knife to the innocent unborn child is a murderer. The poor woman who is deceived by the practioner should be protected from the evil ones.

So the poor woman is just a deceived victim when the baby  would not die unless she takes her desire to be rid of it to this evil practicioner.....that's some twisted logic right there.  

And as far as David goes, God sent Nathan the prophet to expose him

Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the LORD God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.  I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!  Why have you despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon.'

Argue with the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, pinacled said:

Oh,

Are you in need of binding. If so by all means start a thread in the hebrew roots sub forum concerning halachah and I will oblige.

No thanks, I try to redeem the time, not waste it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

38 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I understand what you are trying to convey. Personally I was appalled by David's plot. Though I still will not be deceived into a snare and say David committed murder. Think on what Yeshua is teaching here. The circumstances of battle where a champion of Yisrayl is a known warrior with many valiant feats on the battlefield. He chose freely to go into battle.

And the commander didn't exactly follow David's plot. Read the entire account and walk with discretion.

"Pray for those who despisefully use you...."

Be vigilant readers.

So this is what God instructed Nathan the prophet to say to David about Uriah's death

2Sa 12:9  "'Why did you despise what the LORD has promised by doing what is detestable in his sight? "'You struck down Uriah the Hittite with a battle sword. "'You took his wife to be your own. "'You killed him with the sword of the Ammonite army. 

These bible verses make pretty clear the weapon David chose to use and as it comes to this story are very easy to find and verify.

I am beginning to think you are taking some teaching from something extra-biblical and notholding those teachings thouroghly up against the bible as a principle source of truth.

Edited by Mike 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I will not argue with the All Mighties decree from on high.

But at the same time I strongly advise reading from other versions of scripture before such a discussion continues. 

Yes war is ugly. And countless lives are lost during such. David's punishment was just as cited from Nathan from The Lord just as I have said. David despisefully used a warrior to conceal a sin of adultery. 

But at the same time. Why did the soldier commit to such a battle. There is quite the lesson to learn in all this account.

Many soldiers till this very day are used in the same manner. That is what I'm trying to point out. Personal responsibility and self discipline. 

Yeshua laid down his life freely. 

Blessings Always

I'd ask you a question in return.  Why did God send Nathan to David instead of Joab?  And that will be my last post in this thread because I can already see it's a pointless exercise.

Edited by Jostler

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just now, pinacled said:

Take note of the details. What is being said beyond the plain level of exegesis here.?

Instead of going to battle as king David valiantly had done in the past. Instead something distracted him from his obligations. A weakness perhaps. 

I was taught that this is a lesson first to abstain from sexual immorality. Adultery to be specific.

And as Yeshua taught. To even lust after another mansvwife is to commit adultery. I see a valuable lesson from a once prominent king being reduced to shame.

But I will not move to charge the man with murder.

Blessings Always

You don't have to.  God already did through Nathan, as two others have already pointed out.  Have a blessed day!  

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Chapter and verse please? Otherwise it is just an opinion.One could maintain that jay-walking is the unforgivable sin, but without Scripture to back it up it’s just plain silly.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I would appreciate the respect at least to be addressed directly. Read the last line of this passage from 1 yochanon(john 3

A tzadik of the Holy One of Yisrayl. Specifically states that a murderer has No eternal life residing in them. Why, because they have commited the unforgivable. It is not a matter of opinion.

"For this is the message you heardfrom the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, my brothers and sisters,[b]if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15 

Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

And yet we know that should that same murderer repent of this sin, and turn to the Lord, he will be forgiven and accepted exactly as anyone else who does the same.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, pinacled said:

Incorrect, Yeshua did not offer Satan forgiveness.

Satan has been cast out of heaven and sealed for a day of utter destruction.

Be vigilant readers.

Please do not put words in my mouth that I have not spoken. 

I never said that Satan was forgiven.  I said that the man who commits murder, when he repents and turns to the Lord, is forgiven and cleansed by the Blood of Christ Jesus just like every other man.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Here's one example of perfect justice and righteousness from Scripture:  

2 Samuel 12:11-12 English Standard Version (ESV)

11 Thus says the Lord, ‘Behold, I will raise up evil against you out of your own house. And I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel and before the sun.’”

English Standard Version (ESV)

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.