IGNORED

Are all believers priests of God or not?

JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Revelation 1:6 (AV)
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (AV)
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

1 Peter 2:3–9 (AV)
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I'd like to get to the "kings" part later.

Does this apply to all believers or not?

If yes, then does this indicate much is lacking in the way we approach life, our faith, and the system of Church organization as it has been for some 1500 years? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

33 minutes ago, JohnD said:

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

If yes, then does this indicate much is lacking in the way we approach life, our faith, and the system of Church organization as it has been for some 1500 years? 

As Christ is, so are those in whom His Spirit dwells. As Christians we are priests in the sense of our engagement in holy service to God, offering spiritual sacrifices and acceptable worship to Him. The offering of our thoughts, words, and deeds as priests are acceptable to God only when our hearts are full of praise for all of His thoughts, words and deeds, and when our prayers are accompanied by thanksgiving for mercies received as his grace reaches us through the faith we have in Christ as our Lord and Saviour.

As for institutional, denominational, man-made, man-centred,  man-glorifying structures, may they burn in the lake of fire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

More than being a mere king, we are co heirs with Christ, having been adopted into his, that is Gods, family. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

We will rule with christ. And do priestly duties for God throughout eternity.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

i couldnt agree more, i am a king, prophet and priest and so are all who believe, well said, i applaud u

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, noblenut said:

i couldnt agree more, i am a king, prophet and priest and so are all who believe, well said, i applaud u

Not until you reach the finish line. like Paul said when he was about to be executed by the roman :

2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

Too early for you to say so, too early.

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

Not until you reach the finish line. like Paul said when he was about to be executed by the roman :

2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

Too early for you to say so, too early.

i have become one and i am just starting, the race has began and have already won

• Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

3 minutes ago, noblenut said:

i have become one and i am just starting, the race has began and have already won

You havent finished the race yet man oh man.

Just now, R. Hartono said:

You havent finished the race yet man oh man.

i overtook u a second age

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

Who is everyone ?

There seem to be an elect that rules with Jesus during the Millennium Rev.20 to do a job.

Rev.2:26-28 say an overcomer rules with a rod of iron breaking down the false nations.

Rev.19 those in white linen(his bride or elect) riding with Jesus on white horses going against the Beast and Kings

Seem to be an assignment to do something, when it is done there may be no need of a priest or ministry of that type to help save people .

King has authority in governing 

Priest has authority in preaching salvation, handling God's words

To me its a special calling or an elect group to do a special work, but does not need everyone to do it.

Just a consideration