IGNORED

Why Our Evangelism Efforts are Failing....

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Don't you know you are the servants of WHOM you obey .  whether of sin unto DEATH or of OBEDIANCE unto righteousness .  SOUND IT OUT .

For if we walk after the SPIRIT we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .   SOUND IT OUT .

Its our duty to both warn and encourage and point ONLY TO CHRIST .      Let a flood hit this place . A flood of pure sound biblical doctrine .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Gideon,

I do agree with your picture, however I would say it is not of the real church, but of the Laodicean false church. And this `OUR CHURCH` that you spoke of is of OUR making and fashioned after a business model with a corporate head in charge. That is not, as we know from God`s word how we as believers should gather together.

Then I believe that the real church that the Lord gave His life for and that He has been building and maturing over the centuries and over the world is alive and well and doing what the Lord would have us do. We will not see the numbers on seats in `OUR `church, but by faith believe that the Lord is well able to build His church and the gates of hell.......

So let`s be encouraged and keep listening to the Holy Spirit obeying what He tells us to be and do, & let`s believe He who begun a good work will complete it...

Marilyn. 

Sound it out .    Exhort one another daily , LEST ANY becomes hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

That's right for His glory .  ITS ALL FOR HIS GLORY .   And no matter what we suffer , let HE be glorified in us .

Another reminder from paul .     Be looking diligently lest any man fail  of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness spring up and thereby MANY be defiled .

Get JESUS sayings flooded all over the site .    Get all the aposetls sayings flooded all over the site .     Its war ,  AND I DONE CHOSE who I will serve . THE LORD .

Get back into bibles and LOVE IT .      And put those hands in the air and praise the LORD .  

Obey He who can keep us from falling . HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .     Their is true power n the blood .

But if a man believes not ,   then where is his faith and his trust .    We gonna  trust in men , or GOD ALONE .

I CHOOSE CHIRST and in Him ALL things all possible to he or she who does believe .     

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sound it out .    Exhort one another daily , LEST ANY becomes hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

That's right for His glory .  ITS ALL FOR HIS GLORY .   And no matter what we suffer , let HE be glorified in us .

Another reminder from paul .     Be looking diligently lest any man fail  of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness spring up and thereby MANY be defiled .

Get JESUS sayings flooded all over the site .    Get all the aposetls sayings flooded all over the site .     Its war ,  AND I DONE CHOSE who I will serve . THE LORD .

Get back into bibles and LOVE IT .      And put those hands in the air and praise the LORD .  

Obey He who can keep us from falling . HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .     Their is true power n the blood .

But if a man believes not ,   then where is his faith and his trust .    We gonna  trust in men , or GOD ALONE .

I CHOOSE CHIRST and in Him ALL things all possible to he or she who does believe .     

You made me think of this song...

There is power! power! wonder working power in the precious Blood of the Lamb!

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

You made me think of this song...

There is power! power! wonder working power in the precious Blood of the Lamb!

Cleaning clear to the conscious .      HANDS UP SISTER , we gonna flood this place with constant reminders that POINT to the POWER OF CHRIST .

Constant exhortations that expose error and cleanse and sharpen and build up one another , that no man or woman will be tossed to and fro by false men and false doctrines

any longer .    But its gonna mean , BIBLE READING TIME .  JESUS gave up all to come to this earth and became poor for all of us ,   LET US who are saved

Only increase in bible reading time , prayer time , exhortation and reminder time .   Let all be fully persuaded to be done with sitting under false ones who

though they can talk like great oraters for hours and still get NOTHING WORTH listening to said .  

TIME to take the truth and constant reminders of pure sound doctrine , of Christ , of the apostels , AND FLOOD PLACES with it .

Their will be no rest for any who loves sin ,  they will have no comfort in darkness , WHEN THE LIGHT exposes all .     ARMOUR UP , GET FULLY DETERMINED .

Cause time is running out .   That delusion IS NO JOKE .   But good news ,  some are waking up out of that cloud .  sadly most are going under it and worse it will get

But let every lamb WHO LOVES THE LORD above ALL,  take truth and expound it for all to hear and be reminded .  ITS WAR folks ,  I CHOSE MY SIDE

and no matter what the cost,  I GOT ALL HOPE .   FOR THE LORD is with his own .     

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, Gideon said:

I am sure that some here reading this will rise up with indignation. They will share all sorts of figures as to how many labor on the mission field, how many dollars have been shared to send those laborers into the field. They will recite how many have been reached and professed faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And all they share will be accurate and true. And yet I still stand by my statement. We as His church are failing in the one mission we have been entrusted with on this earth…. to spread the gospel of Jesus to the uttermost parts of the earth. 

Bear with me here. I do not dispute that through missions work, flyers, radio and tv ministries, multitudes have now heard about Christianity. But sadly, the truth is that how we as everyday beliefs are living out our faith is not matching up with what we say we believe. 

In other words, people are not being drawn to have what we have, because frankly, what we have is not doing what it promises to do, to set us free indeed, to make us overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. They see no joy, no passion for the one we say we love with all of our hearts. They do not see us walking as strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 

So what do they see? They see a people healed only slightly, a people who draw near Him with our lips, but our hearts, where our time and money hand hopes and dreams are invested, they are still ours. Self still rules. They see a people who try to gloss over their worldliness and lack of the fruits of the Spirit with excuses, like “No one is perfect” and “God is not finished with me yet.”

To us, they make perfect sense, because they ARE true. But if we are truly honest, we will admit, especially for those who have served God a long time, that we are not much closer to acting as godly, set-apart children than when we first were saved. In truth, many of us actually less on fire, less excited about Jesus. And that brothers and sisters should raise huge red flags. And the fact that it doesn’t reveals to us that something is wrong with our understanding of what the gospel promises.

The world looks on. Granted, some in the world have no love for the light, and love the darkness their lives center on. But make no mistake, there are multitudes out there who are searching for real answers in these troubled times, real peace, real joy. They have innately understood that things do not make one joyful. The best this world can offer is a happiness that is fleeting, leading one to seek for the next ‘high’, whether it be things, money, power, sex, self worth, whatever.  

They hear us. They understand what Jesus supposedly did with their heads. They are moved by His compassion and love even when He offered up Himself for a world that did not deserve it. 

But then they hit “the wall”.  Us. His followers. Those who say they love Him and believe in Him and have accepted His sacrifice. Ouch. They see us go to church on Sunday mornings. They hear the ministers on tv. They listen to us politely if we get bold enough to witness to them. But they do one more thing. They observe us. And what do they see? 

They see  a people whose actions contradict their words. They see our lack of real joy. They see us more passionate about our team or our favorite tv show than about Jesus. They see us love the things of the world, just like they do. In short, they see our hypocrisy, and that to our shame.

So what will it take for us to truly fulfill the great commission? How can we actually draw them to Christ?  In Ezekiel chapter 36, God shows us clearly in these last day what will move the seekers in the world to come to Jesus.

"....and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord when I shall be sanctified  in you before their very eyes."

If the lives of those claiming to follow the Lord do not line up with how God says His followers who believe shall walk, let's not deceive ourselves. Danger lurks.

Do we not realize that holy hearts, lives that burn solely for Jesus, actions that are pure and full of love.....these are the real testimony that confirms to the lost that we are walking in the truth. Our lives are the Bibles they read. Are we truly giving our all, running our race as if there is only one prize? The answer is pretty self evident for the vast majority of the church.No, we are not..... at least not yet.  ☺️ Ah, but changes..... HUGE changes… are on the horizon. God is not finished with us yet. 

People think if we begin having miraculous signs and wonders, then they will come. But let us realize this. If we still are found living out our lives as compromised, worldly, one foot in-one foot out Christians, we will end up making our converts just like us. 

Listen, true revivals in the past have been spurred by holy leaders leading people onto the highway of holiness, where the joy wells up so easily, so powerfully, that men and women bound by sin want what we possess....or in truth want the one who possesses us.

Let us remember, in these last days, Satan will come with all sorts of lying wonders and deceive many. Those seeking signs rather than the giver of the signs will bite.... hook, line and sinker. The ultimate draw must be the goodness and love of Christ, and if our lives do not display it, our attempts at evangelism will fail miserably. 

So how can the lost know who they should believe? It is simple.

Good trees bear good fruit.

If selfless love is not present in those with signs following, God says "Stop! Run!" If patience, kindness and gentleness are not accompanying those who seem so doctrinally astute, close your ears. 

Was this not the case in the ministry of Jesus. He said as much. 'You seek me for the miracles” or  “You come because of the free loaves and fishes" Those followers  did not last. They were those who had the good seed cast on the hard ground of their self-centered and did not put down deep roots. 

Do we not think it is wise we checked the depth of the soil we are attempting to grow in? 

It was Christ's holy life and loving heart that drew the true believers. In the book of Acts, those outside the church said "Behold how they love one another!" Talk about the real tool for evangelizing the lost. Sadly, today we are content with a new mantra. "I am not perfect, just forgiven", and using it to somehow give validity to our secret sins and compromised walks, and you know what? Jesus weeps.

Holiness. Real spiritual fruits overflowing our of us.  That, guys, is what we need. But first we need to believe such a walk is even humanly possible. 

You see,  until it bothers us that our churches are satisfied with things just the way they are and put no effort on teaching holiness or even seeking God as to how to walk pleasing to Him (or in truth even believing it possible in this life), we will simply march on in our powerless take on what real Christianity is. Far too many of us are content to be half-hearted, lukewarm,  forgiven children, following Him, but at a comfortable distance, of course, and living compromised lives with the world.....and thinking nothing is wrong with it. 

Whether we care to admit it or not, we are fulfilling the characteristics of the Laodecian church almost line for line, content with being forgiven for our Achilles heel sins, yet often knowing we will do the same sins again with no guilt and worse yet, possessing no desire to really be changed. And all the while we reason as we have been falsely taught... "Thank God for grace that allows me to live like this!"

We have come to believe that living a life of holiness is hard......no, impossible. We are wrong. And why do we believe this? Because somehow, in our minds, we feel that our salvation was all the Lord, but holiness? That burden falls back on our shoulders. And who is sufficient for that? You and I agree here. No one........ unless.......unless we have missed the real key to living as overcomers.  God is even now awakening us and restoring to us the HOW of holiness and guess what, glory to God?  it is not hard. It is an easy yoke!

Is your appetite wet? Or are you chaffing inside at the audacity of saying sins that have bound you for years, even decades can be overcome? Here is the key question. Do you want to be free? REALLY free. If you were told how to change from struggling child of God to an overcomer, would you really want it? How many there are that picture living a holy life to be hard and restrictive and totally unpleasurable. Will it cause change? You bet. But know this. It may upend your life, but in a wonderful way, and the thought of going back to what you were content with before? Not a chance.

More to come. I pray you stay tuned.. I can promise you this. If your hunger or even your curiosity is pushing you to follow along, if you will take to heart what will be shared here in the coming posts, you will discover the Christian life you had hopes of when you first got saved...... before you got religious and lowered your expectations. Guaranteed. Bold words? No doubt. True words? You bet. Prepare to be amazed.

Many blessings and thank you for reading,

Gideon

John 13:35  by our love one for another

If have no love what can we offer the world and how can they recognize us as his disciples.

Mathew 7:21 Not everyone who calls me lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Even the ones who Jesus preached to fell away and even denied him in his time. We live in a world where they call good evil and evil good as the bible predicted and many will fall away into their own lusts, money, love of the world. We cannot love this world and serve him and the world. 

In the last days man will ask for a sign but none will be given. 

Let me say this I was saved by watching how people were changed by becoming saved themselves the change in there life overwhelmed me and that still is happening today. Not every person is called to preach but the world is watching us and what we project in our daily walk does encourage the unbeliever. Not everyone can be saved and it is often said do not cast your pearls among the swine or in other words trust in the holy spirit and he will direct you to them who are ready to hear the word of salvation. I still have faith in the church so im not giving up on it. Praise God for it!    

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

salvation is three parts.  justification, sanctification and glorification.  we are justified and sanctified at salvation, but sanctification is also a life long process.  its not a thing of done, and Jesus did not teach this, behold:

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 12:49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Jas 1:22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24  For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Joh 15:14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jesus Himself said to do.  more than once, and this is not an exhaustive list either. 

and Jesus did say to clean the inside of the cup too... its up to us to seek it out... not just wait for God to do it...

Mat 23:25  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

I do not know where you get half of what you say, but its not what the bible says.  not what Jesus says. 

I’ll attempt to address our differences one step at a time.....

When I say  Christianity should preach “ done” instead of “ do”, I am saying that everything required for Salvation was “ done” at the Cross.OurcSalvation is a gift, is it not? If we have to DO anything, other than believe it, it is no longer a gift.Sanctification is the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in our lives as GOD completes our transformation into the image of His Son— the whole point of everything.This journey that God takes us on can be a smooth one if you are obedient and do your best to stay in line with His Word, or you can be a disobedient fool and cause God to kick your rear- end for an entire lifetime.He is still gonna get you Home— God’s gifts are not rescinded.His Word is at stake.More to follow......

• Thumbs Up 1

Mat 12:49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Jas 1:22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24  For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Joh 15:14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Do the will of the Father? Of course.What IS the will of the Father? When asked this by His Disciples He had the chance to really unload. He could have said, “ Make sure you keep the Commandment,even the least of them, quit that lusting!   Abandon everything you have and follow me,  cut off your hand if it causes you to sin, give to the poor,make sure you tithe , give anything to anybody that asks, if somebody slaps you , offer them the other cheek.How ya doing with this potential list so far, you that want some hard , fast rules to be saved by ?Jesus must have been off His Game the day He was asked what is His Father’s will.What a missed opportunity .Jesus said the will of the Father was this— “ Believe in the One That I sent” Imagine that! Something we can actually do! Simply believe. To all my Superiors out there that can give away everything they own or give strangers all that they ask for, or turn the other cheek if struck.....aw heck, let’s just cut to the chase—- Jesus said you must be “perfect” to get to Heaven.If you choose to go down that performance road, have at it. I’m guilty of many things......hypocrisy is not one of them. I ADMIT I can’t keep God’s standard.The difference between us is that I know the continued Grace of God is the only thing that is going to get me and keep me saved.Our obedience is great. God desires it.He will bless us for it.If and when you give up your pitiful performance as the basis for Getting and staying saved and move on to trust and understand God’s Grace, you will discover as I have that Grace will stir up love and a desire to please God that comes from the  heart.Nothing else works and God knew it all along.Christianity is a paradox at times—you go up by going doing, you become first by making yourself last.The less I am concerned with sinning, the less sins I commit.As far as my Salvation is concerned, I could not care less about my performance.....it’s HIS performance.... It’s HIS Shed Blood that saved me and keeps me saved.....paradoxically,I live a life more pleasing to Him and I don’t even try.How great it is to understand the true meaning of Sabbathing.You sing it— try to live it—- NOTHING but the Blood.God bless you in your understanding of these things.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I’ll attempt to address our differences one step at a time.....

When I say  Christianity should preach “ done” instead of “ do”, I am saying that everything required for Salvation was “ done” at the Cross.OurcSalvation is a gift, is it not? If we have to DO anything, other than believe it, it is no longer a gift.Sanctification is the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in our lives as GOD completes our transformation into the image of His Son— the whole point of everything.This journey that God takes us on can be a smooth one if you are obedient and do your best to stay in line with His Word, or you can be a disobedient fool and cause God to kick your rear- end for an entire lifetime.He is still gonna get you Home— God’s gifts are not rescinded.His Word is at stake.More to follow......

Hello Blood Bought, 

I  think there is one thing that we are supposed to do, and that is REPENT.  John the Baptist said it and Jesus said it many times, why?  Because He said that the Kingdom of God is at hand.  In the King James version the word - repent - appears 46 times the word - repentance - appears 26 times the word - repented - appears 32 times the word - repentest - appears once the word - repenteth - appears 5 times the word - repenting - appears once the word - repentings - appears once.   I think the word Repent is significant.

Luke 5:32

“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

17 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Blood Bought, 

I  think there is one thing that we are supposed to do, and that is REPENT.  John the Baptist said it and Jesus said it many times, why?  Because He said that the Kingdom of God is at hand.  In the King James version the word - repent - appears 46 times the word - repentance - appears 26 times the word - repented - appears 32 times the word - repentest - appears once the word - repenteth - appears 5 times the word - repenting - appears once the word - repentings - appears once.   I think the word Repent is significant.

Luke 5:32

“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

I could not agree with you more! In fact, I will go farther than you in stressing the importance of repentance.NO ONE WILL BE SAVED WITHOUT REPENTANCE! Let me repeat myself so that there will be no misunderstanding— IF YOU DO NOT REPENT, YOU WILL GO TO HELL! There are three different Greek words that the Bible translators chose to call “ repentance” That is the problem .The Greek word used for the repentance pertinent to Salvation is “ metanoia”. It means a “ change of mind” Even Judas “ repented”. That type of repentance comes from another Greek word which indicates sorrow and regret.Nowhere in the KJV does it say that we must REPENT OF SINS in order to be saved.People have been hearing this falsehood for so long they don’t even think about it.

If we must repent of sins to be saved, why doesn’t the Book of John mention that word one single time? Here is the reason.John says over and over that we must BELIEVE that Jesus was who He said He was , the Son of God, the Messiah , The Annointed One.The Lamb Of God who was sacrificed for all the sins of Mankind.If you are an atheist,if you are an agnostic,if you are one that thinks Jesus was just a good and wise man,if you are a man that carries the sin of self- righteousness that thinks that he is not quite perfect,yet “ good enough” to merit Heaven—- YOU are the man that needs to repent! You need to “ change your mind” as to who Jesus was and what He did for you at the Cross.John knew if you truly BELIEVED IN Jesus, you have already repented.You have gone from unbelief to belief, you changed your mind.....you are saved.The Gospel given to Paul, that Jesus said will save us if we simply BELIEVE it incorporates all of this. 1Cor15:1-4 maintains that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave.That is the Gospel thAt saves us.If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, that inherently shows that you believe you are a sinner that has to have a Savior to take care of your sin debt.THAT is repentance ! 

The best picture of repentance is given by the publican who saw his hopeless , helpless, lost state and was justly horrified when the Holy  Spirit opened his eyes as to his true position in the eyes of a holy,perfect God.He was in a position of total emptiness. He was without excuse anymore, no more rationalizing— he was bound for Hell and it was only Hell that he merited .All He could do is cry out to God, “ Lord have mercy on me a sinner!” He wasn’t crying that out the day before that.He had to have a “ change of mind”. This self- insight that was a gift of the Holy Spirit (nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him) tells you that you just ain’t as hot as you think you are.You need a Savior.That is the repentance God demands for Salvation.If your heart has not been pricked by the Holy Spirit to show you these Truths you have not repented.You are not ready to believe the only Gospel that can save you.You are not ready to believe that Jesus was who He said He was.....your ONLY hope of Salvation.You are lost.

If you have not had a change of mind about who and what you are,pray that the Holy Spirit open your eyes to the need for a Savior.Repent.Dont waste your time “ repenting of SINS! That kind of  repentance that even Judas experienced will save nobody .That type of repentance will occur everyday in the life of the Believer— ONCE HE IS SAVED! The indwelling Holy Spirit will see to it.It restores lost fellowship.NOT your Salvation.That was a GIFT! You never earned it by being “ good” and you ain’t gonna lose it by being “ bad”.God will chastise His Children for being bad.First things first though.Become His Child by the mandantory requirement of repentance. Please make sure you know what it means....you’ve Salvation depends on it.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953