IGNORED

Why Our Evangelism Efforts are Failing....

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

3 hours ago, Vince said:

In my opinion you are conflating sanctification and evangelism.  Can a new born again christian evangelize the same day they are saved?  I say yes.  It seems you are saying they cannot.  I would also like an answer to my question "How do I know I am good enough to evangelize?"  I agree we must pray and follow Jesus teachings on how to live but we will always have sin in our lives and do things that non Christians will see as hypocritical.  My take is that the gospel message is how god saves by giving people faith to believe.  I push back on the idea that I can thwart gods plan for salvation for someone.  My experience is that people that Christians that are not interested in sanctification are usually not interested in evangelizing anyway.

I honestly don't know  how to explain this but I do know there is no "junior" Holy Spirit.  So, yes, a newborn can evangelize if they're submitted to Him and let  Him work through them...from day one.  A newborn can do anything the Holy Spirit can do through a seasoned saint.

It's not about us.  It's not about who i am.  It's about who He is and  what He has FINISHED.  I remember the joy of my salvation and looking back I can see that Jesus loving, well meaning Christians stamped that  out of me with all the best intentions and it didn't take long.  I had a good two day "honeymoon" with  the Lord before the rules and requirements got all my attention and took my eyes off Him and His presence, focusing me on what I had to do but had no clue how to do.  I was not taught to focus on Him and behold Him while He began the transformation process of becoming more like Him.

I got religion instead of relationship.  And it killed my growth for years.  But He is faithful and in time - over time - He refocused me on Him and got me back into a place He could grow me again.  And I'm not complaining either.  It is what it is and He is able to make up for any years the locusts ate.  He does, He is and He will continue to.

I am becoming a witness and He's not finished with me yet :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Vince said:

I would also like an answer to my question "How do I know I am good enough to evangelize?"

Very simple..., you'll never be, ...it's only by the Holy Spirit's leading, ...with saying that, learn His voice, ...it takes time alone with Father and His Word, if we search with all of our heart then the Word becomes alive, it will literally jump off of the page, ...learn to recognize that still small voice, ...it's the Holy Spirit, ...Jesus said He will not talk of His own, but only what things I have said!

It seems to me, from reading between the lines, you want to Evangelize, but maybe the enemy is condemning you in order to cause you to doubt and give up? 

Find some good tracts on line and pass them out, pray over them, ask Father to bless them and your time while handing them out, be receptive to that still small voice as to who to give them to, ...He has already gone before you to prepare their hearts.

Here's a link to what I use, we have them printed at a local copy shop.

https://calvarychapelkaneohe.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ABCS-OF-SALVATION.pdf

Lord bless

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Jostler said:

So, yes, a newborn can evangelize if they're submitted to Him and let  Him work through them...from day one. 

Look (read) in the NT the qualifications inspired/ breathed/ written from Yahweh to the Ekklesia for Apostles, Prophets, Teachers and Evangelists ...

Many who were too young, untaught,  fell or failed badly,  or even worse - 'succeeded' in being 'popular' though very wrong,  and thus led many astray.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Never trust what can be seen.in the flesh.  Yahweh says whoever trusts in man/ the flesh/  ,  Yahweh curses.  Even believers.

You're kidding right, ...being facetious, no?

Are you married?

Show me the verse!

What do you do with this, did Yahweh pronounce a curse on Thomas?

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Did not Jesus trust Thomas and the others, probably in their twenties, ...with the keys to the Church?

Lord bless

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

9 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Look (read) in the NT the qualifications inspired/ breathed/ written from Yahweh to the Ekklesia for Apostles, Prophets, Teachers and Evangelists ...

Many who were too young, untaught,  fell or failed badly,  or even worse - 'succeeded' in being 'popular' though very wrong,  and thus led many astray.

you don't have to be specifically called to one of the five-fold ministries before you can begin fulfilling the great commission.  All you need is Him, a listening ear and belief in the Word you hear.

Jeremiah 17:5-7 World English Bible (WEB)

Yahweh says: Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from Yahweh. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in Yahweh, and whose trust Yahweh is.

World English Bible (WEB)

by Public Domain. The name "World English Bible" is trademarked.

• Praise God! 1

1 Corinthians 2

• Praise God! 1

>> worthychristianlibrary dot com

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Gideon for those words!  They are not demoralizing but exhorting us as followers of Jesus Christ!  It is rallying all who call themselves beloved of Christ, to wake up, to reflect, to repent, to live for the King of kings and Lord of lords.  

We can only live the life that Christ has called us to through the power of the Holy Spirit.  He is our Helper.  Jesus didn't start His ministry and perform those miracles until He received and was baptized of the Holy Spirit.  It is the Holy Spirit that enables us to boldly proclaim the Gospel. 

We also have no power because we do not go before the Father in prayer first.  Even the pastors of today's churches don't spend enough time in the prayer closet.  We really need to be on our knees and weep and mourn for the state of ourselves and the Body of believers.  We need to cry out to our Father in heaven in repentance and seek Him with our whole hearts.

Thanks again for your very powerful and convicting words!  May it pierce each true believer in the heart that we may examine ourselves and seek the Lord's face.

blessings,

FHG

Edited by ForHisGlory37
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

55 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Living sacrifice.  until the church, the people, get their minds wrapped around what it means to be a living sacrifice... to do the will of God... to live it... to walk in it, our evangelism will not have that Holy Ghost power... that anointing.  it will be weak, just like the light inside of us... if we do not live it... or become a LIVING SACRIFICE. 

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

many believers are believing God today but there is that little sliver maybe 10 percent they are holding on to... that little bit of sin they continue in... that they do not submit to God.... god dont want a part of our heart... He wants the whole thing.  turn to Him with your whole heart... pour out your heart to Him... sound familiar?

Sound it out Cletus , just like Christ and the true apostels did .     Who cares if we get accused falsely .  Sound it out,   He who hears and does not , DECIEVES THEMSELVES . 

• Thumbs Up 1