IGNORED

Why Our Evangelism Efforts are Failing....

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

It seems legalistic. When you word repentance with points it puts doubts into this. How do you know if your earnest enough. We have to trust christ when we repent. It says if we confess our sins we are cleanse from all unrighteousness. Paul said we should do works meet for repentance. So if someone stole then they need to pay back what they stole. But the works is a response.  You are already forgiven before you pay back. God will help one with the works after repentance. 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Gideon,

I do agree with your picture, however I would say it is not of the real church, but of the Laodicean false church. And this `OUR CHURCH` that you spoke of is of OUR making and fashioned after a business model with a corporate head in charge. That is not, as we know from God`s word how we as believers should gather together.

Then I believe that the real church that the Lord gave His life for and that He has been building and maturing over the centuries and over the world is alive and well and doing what the Lord would have us do. We will not see the numbers on seats in `OUR `church, but by faith believe that the Lord is well able to build His church and the gates of hell.......

So let`s be encouraged and keep listening to the Holy Spirit obeying what He tells us to be and do, & let`s believe He who begun a good work will complete it...

Marilyn. 

Hi Marilyn hope your feeling good. That seemed kind of broad when you wrote it is not of the real church. There are millions of churches throughout the world. We cannot know which is right with christ. Christ said I will build my church and the gates of he'll will not prevail over it. Where christ is preach and the commandment to baptize and make disciplines of all nations will be the church of God. Where the lords supper is kept along with the commandment to love one another christ is the head there. The holy spirit is there. Christ is working and making intercession for the church. He is watching and will judge his people. He does put the candlestick out. But he always warns each church first. And brings trials to the church. He also praises the churches that are fruitful and heed his commandments. And of course you don't need a building to be a church. It's the people who are God's temple. God bless.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Marilyn hope your feeling good. That seemed kind of broad when you wrote it is not of the real church. There are millions of churches throughout the world. We cannot know which is right with christ. Christ said I will build my church and the gates of he'll will not prevail over it. Where christ is preach and the commandment to baptize and make disciplines of all nations will be the church of God. Where the lords supper is kept along with the commandment to love one another christ is the head there. The holy spirit is there. Christ is working and making intercession for the church. He is watching and will judge his people. He does put the candlestick out. But he always warns each church first. And brings trials to the church. He also praises the churches that are fruitful and heed his commandments. And of course you don't need a building to be a church. It's the people who are God's temple. God bless.

Hi Wayne

Thank you, yes I am getting better. Now I hear what you say, but I was NOT referring to the people who of course go to public meetings. I was talking about the system we have developed over the past few centuries that has become the ONLY recognised church. Jesus did not set up the systems we have in place, He called out people to be His Body.

Yes there are meetings that have the communion, speaking truth and good fellowship, however the organisation behind that coming together is not the church but an organisation that runs meetings. And because that type of organisation has been around for a while, people think that that is the church, whereas you and I know that `we` are the church, the ekklesia of God, the called out ones. People think they know the difference, but if you don`t go to a public meeting then they think you are backslidden, not supporting God`s work, not fellowshipping with others etc etc. It is subtle but this mind set has caused much pain for if that type of meeting is the real church then I need to obey everything the leader/s say. Very dangerous.

Finally, yes there are good meetings, but still behind the scenes is man`s organisation. Two different things, one the church, (the people) & the other, man`s way of bringing people together publically.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Wayne

Thank you, yes I am getting better. Now I hear what you say, but I was NOT referring to the people who of course go to public meetings. I was talking about the system we have developed over the past few centuries that has become the ONLY recognised church. Jesus did not set up the systems we have in place, He called out people to be His Body.

Yes there are meetings that have the communion, speaking truth and good fellowship, however the organisation behind that coming together is not the church but an organisation that runs meetings. And because that type of organisation has been around for a while, people think that that is the church, whereas you and I know that `we` are the church, the ekklesia of God, the called out ones. People think they know the difference, but if you don`t go to a public meeting then they think you are backslidden, not supporting God`s work, not fellowshipping with others etc etc. It is subtle but this mind set has caused much pain for if that type of meeting is the real church then I need to obey everything the leader/s say. Very dangerous.

Finally, yes there are good meetings, but still behind the scenes is man`s organisation. Two different things, one the church, (the people) & the other, man`s way of bringing people together publically.

regards, Marilyn. 

Sister the bible says obey your leaders in the church. God has made some to be overseers. He told some like Timothy to rebuke. There is order and leadership in the body. If a leader goes against the scripture then you do not listen to him. Some churches are cults. A real fellowship will be kind loving upright focus on the word. Uplifting Jesus name. God bless.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Sister the bible says obey your leaders in the church. God has made some to be overseers. He told some like Timothy to rebuke. There is order and leadership in the body. If a leader goes against the scripture then you do not listen to him. Some churches are cults. A real fellowship will be kind loving upright focus on the word. Uplifting Jesus name. God bless.

Hi Wayne,

I agree that we should listen to and take heed of those mature in the Lord and who are actually in our lives. To give someone who is in charge of a public meeting the authority over your life, is not right. Let`s see what the apostle Paul demonstrates.

`For you yourselves know, brethren that our coming to you was not in vain, but even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict. For our exhortation did not come from deceit or uncleanness, nor was it guile, but as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.

For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness - God is witness, nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.

BUT we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children. So affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you became dear to us. For you remember, brethren, our labour and toil: for labouring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God.

You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe; as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children, that you live a life worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.` (1 Thess. 2: 1 - 12)

I wrote the whole chapter out as it gives a good picture of Paul living amongst the believers in everyday life, working with his own hands so as to not be a burden to the believers. His behaviour was of a `nursing mother,` & `as a father.` That is very personal, and not the picture of someone over a great congregation who does not know the individuals, plus receives a wage for preaching. The latter is certainly NOT the scripturally picture of a leader.

Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, SelahSong said:

@Gideon

Great posts, Gideon... 

Yes. Holiness all over the world has gotten lost.  It seems that in today's culture, Christians are afraid of standing tall and unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and unwilling even to appear holy (wearing attire so unbefitting a Christian), and we have become afraid of fighting the sinful things that are being accepted--things that are totally against God's ways. Every day, one more abomination is being tolerated.  Christians are hiding in the shadows, afraid to stand up for the Truth, for Holiness!  We accept sinful laws with no Holy Spirit conviction that it's just plain wrong!...Christians are being deceived into thinking that bad is good and good is bad, and political correctness is growing at warp speed, to the point that it's overwhelming! It's wrong! It's very, very wrong!

--Selah

all one has to do is look at what the American people voted into office Abortionists that my friends is where we are at today, 70% of America claims to be Christian REALLY. We need to try harder at what Jesus told us to do Love one another even as Jesus loved the church I encourage us all to put on the righteous of Christ live holy and begin to Love each other again then we will see the world say who are these people who have so much Love one for another. Hearts will change!