• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says;

Galatians 6:13 (KJV)
For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

“that they may glory in your flesh”

Self, which is what  fallen humanity is, has a desire to be thought better than what it is. Want’s to see itself as right.and wants other people to agree and consent. This is true in both unregenerated and regenerated persons, (for it is an act of self and self can not help but to act selfishly.... have self as the object).  This brings forth the desired fruit which is a justification of their actions and a condemnation of anyone that does not consent to their particular opinion. This justifies their doings and reenforces there particular belief system. This elevates themselves not only in their own minds but in those minds  of those people that would give sway and follow them. Not yet seeing the truth that righteousness is the only thing that should be elevated for it alone is that which is right, and not their particular opinion. 

Being a disciple of Jesus is being inwardly directed by our own personal relationship with Christ, not having another person stand between you and Jesus. Each believer has their own audience with God. It is this audience that is not only our life, but to be our all and all. It is within this audience that a believers convictions grow and are solidified. Each believer is accountable to God for their own growth. The only persons praise that should be foremost is getting God’s approval on all we say and do. If as believers we are not able to stand in the convictions of our own hearts against those that would speak contrary. Than our personal relationship with Christ is lacking. For it is one’s personal relationship with Christ that gives strength, wisdom , security, and all good things. For it is first and foremost the cause of all of our growth. 

For in Christ there are no opinions, only truth. If you only know truth as a opinion,  you do not yet know truth as it is meant to be known. Jesus said “I have come that you might know the truth” meaning,  truth as truth, not as a opinion about truth. It is knowing truth by experience that gives a believer the strength of their convictions that nothing can shake. For they have tasted truth as a Spiritual reality (eternal nature) which it is an expression of.  

This is, and should be the goal of all believers, so we are not tossed about by every wind of doctrine that comes our way. For the Morning Star has risen in our hearts and we have learned to recognize truth. 

For we have come to  know Him and we know that He knows us. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• This is Worthy 1

I read this as if it was from the Lord Jesus Himself. There is such beautiful depths of ‘truths’ here, that I have to dissect them. Something like this deserves a proper response, and I so wanted to respond, but I have to look to Him for help beyond thank you.

It was a helpful reminder and advisory (for me) from the first paragraph of Self and its elevated opinion vs seeing the truth of righteousness alone as the only “right”;

to the next paragraph concerning inward direction/discipleship and accountability with the Lord, and a sort of cutting the umbilical cord from anything outward that hasn’t caused me to grow in dependence upon and knowing Him as my ‘strength, wisdom, security and all good things.’

The truth of a lack in my relationship with Christ if I can’t stand on my own convictions, against anything contrary, hit home.

Thank you for driving this home: “It is this audience [with God] that is not only our life, but to be our all and all. It is within this audience that a believer’s convictions grow and are solidified.”

Sorry for the lengthiness, but it bears repeating:

For in Christ there are no opinions, only truth.

If you only know truth as an opinion, you do not yet know truth as it is meant to be known.

Jesus said “I have come that you might know the truth” meaning, truth as truth, not as an opinion about truth.

It is knowing truth by experience that gives a believer the strength of their convictions that nothing can shake.

For they have tasted truth as a Spiritual reality (eternal nature) which it is an expression of.

This is, and should be the goal of all believers, so we are not tossed about by every wind of doctrine that comes our way.

For the Morning Star has risen in our hearts and we have learned to recognize truth.

For we have come to know Him and we know that He knows us.

• Group:  Royal Member

5 hours ago, In Him said:

I read this as if it was from the Lord Jesus Himself. There is such beautiful depths of ‘truths’ here, that I have to dissect them. Something like this deserves a proper response, and I so wanted to respond, but I have to look to Him for help beyond thank you.

It was a helpful reminder and advisory (for me) from the first paragraph of Self and its elevated opinion vs seeing the truth of righteousness alone as the only “right”;

to the next paragraph concerning inward direction/discipleship and accountability with the Lord, and a sort of cutting the umbilical cord from anything outward that hasn’t caused me to grow in dependence upon and knowing Him as my ‘strength, wisdom, security and all good things.’

The truth of a lack in my relationship with Christ if I can’t stand on my own convictions, against anything contrary, hit home.

Thank you for driving this home: “It is this audience [with God] that is not only our life, but to be our all and all. It is within this audience that a believer’s convictions grow and are solidified.”

Sorry for the lengthiness, but it bears repeating:

For in Christ there are no opinions, only truth.

If you only know truth as an opinion, you do not yet know truth as it is meant to be known.

Jesus said “I have come that you might know the truth” meaning, truth as truth, not as an opinion about truth.

It is knowing truth by experience that gives a believer the strength of their convictions that nothing can shake.

For they have tasted truth as a Spiritual reality (eternal nature) which it is an expression of.

This is, and should be the goal of all believers, so we are not tossed about by every wind of doctrine that comes our way.

For the Morning Star has risen in our hearts and we have learned to recognize truth.

For we have come to know Him and we know that He knows us.

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement in Christ. 

Growing and getting to know Him personally is what our Christian walks are all about. The reality of Christ in us, and the reality of Christ being our life’s. 

I have often thought and prayed about actually knowing what our salvation in Christ consists of. I feel that if I could actually know what my/our salvation in Christ consisted of it would be a great foundation to stand upon. 

Blessings as we get to know what Christ actually did for us on the cross. 

8 hours ago, Not me said:

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement in Christ. 

Growing and getting to know Him personally is what our Christian walks are all about. The reality of Christ in us, and the reality of Christ being our life’s. 

I have often thought and prayed about actually knowing what our salvation in Christ consists of. I feel that if I could actually know what my/our salvation in Christ consisted of it would be a great foundation to stand upon. 

Blessings as we get to know what Christ actually did for us on the cross. 

I wanted to share this in my first reply, that I’m beginning to see the Spiritual Reality of what Christ did for us on the cross, and what our salvation consists of, and not just head knowledge of Scripture.

I have greatly desired to know that I am crucified with Christ and to ‘reckon myself dead unto sin but alive unto God’, for that surely is our foundation. In seeking Him and Him showing me that truth in the measure He has given, put it in a whole new dimension of knowing. No one can take that truth away because it is of Himself that He gives. I know that there is far more He wants to give, as I ask, seek, and knock, with my whole heart, for He has said that I have come to give you life, and life more abundantly and I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Amen.

Edited by In Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

George posted this in an awesome way …. IMHO :red_smile:

37 minutes ago, George said:

Shalom,

When the prophet Isaiah was in the very presence of God ... he cried out "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips... [Isaiah 6:5] ... and later stated that all our "righteousness is nothing by filthy rags before the Lord [Isaiah 64:6], for Isaiah knew what it meant to be in the presence of a Holy and Righteous God!  Isaiah was a prophet who was sawn in half by those in Jerusalem!  Now if the prophet Isaiah realized that his righteousness was truly unholy before the Lord ... it was because he was in the presence of God.  If righteousness before God ... could be attained by the law ... why did Paul write this so eloquently,

Php 3:3  For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh— 
Php 3:4  though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 
Php 3:5  circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; 
Php 3:6  as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. 
Php 3:7  But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 
Php 3:8  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 
Php 3:9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 
Php 3:10  that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 
Php 3:11  that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. 

Righteousness before God CANNOT BE ATTAINED by the LAW!

Does this mean we're lawless?  Absolutely NOT!  We are called to live holy lives ... for He who loves God ... keeps His commandments!  But keeping those commandments does NOT LEAD to salvation!  It doesn't COMPLETE salvation.  NOTHING YOU CAN DO ... can add to HIS SALVATION!  It is ENTIRELY HIS WORK!

AS SOON AS YOU BELIEVE you can add to His work of salvation ... you have in essence traded His righteousness for Your righteousness ... and thus are judged by your righteousness!  This is why the Apostle Paul was so strongly against this notion you could add to His finished work!

Gal 3:1  O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 
Gal 3:2  Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 
Gal 3:3  Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 

Gal 3:7  Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.

When you go about to establish your own righteousness ... you will be judged by that righteousness! 

However, when you go about to lay your life down for His sake ... trusting HIM alone for your salvation ... then in laying down your life for His sake, you will live a life of righteousness and holiness!  And in this life of righteousness and holiness ... you realize this doesn't earn you any standing with God ... but you will live a life full of the Spirit to change the world around you! 

I live a holy life because I'm empowered by the Spirit of God to do so!  As Acts states,

Act 5:32  And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

... it's your choice ... if the Prophet Isaiah realized His righteousness is nothing but filthy rags before the Lord ... realize that your righteousness outside of Yeshua ... is the EXACTLY the same!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

2 hours ago, In Him said:

I wanted to share this in my first reply, that I’m beginning to see the Spiritual Reality of what Christ did for us on the cross, and what our salvation consists of, and not just head knowledge of Scripture.

I have greatly desired to know that I am crucified with Christ and to ‘reckon myself dead unto sin but alive unto God’, for that surely is our foundation. In seeking Him and Him showing me that truth in the measure He has given, put it in a whole new dimension of knowing. No one can take that truth away because it is of Himself that He gives. I know that there is far more He wants to give, as I ask, seek, and knock, with my whole heart, for He has said that I have come to give you life, and life more abundantly and I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Amen.

Yippie,yippee,yippee! Reading your post but such a grin on my face I looked like a Cheshire Cat. ?

If you wouldn’t mind me saying so. I can taste your increase and it tastes good. 

As God continues to make Himself more and more real in you. These truths will become deeper and deeper, whereby your joy will increase, your peace will increase, your Christ will increase. To the end that you will know by experience that the command to “reckon yourself dead onto sin but alive onto God” is the most great, glorious, awesome and loving command ever given. 

And you will come to lothe all of self as the enemy it is. 

Blessings. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, Not me said:

And you will come to lothe all of self as the enemy it is. 

Since your last reply in this thread concerning loathing self, it’s been on my heart to say that I am coming to abhor self as the enemy it is. But never more so, as when He shows me His displeasure and disappointment. I can believe that I am surrendered to His will, that my eyes’heart are looking to Him, until He shows me otherwise. I am still so full of self it stinks. Christ must increase! I must decrease!

But I have found one of the greatest keys against self, is humility. In surrender to God, when I acknowledge Him as everything and myself as nothing and by faith humble myself before Him for His mind’will (even multiple times a day); it’s a discipline that is crucial to me for His life and will to manifest instead of self/sin/death.

1 hour ago, In Him said:

Since your last reply in this thread concerning loathing self, it’s been on my heart to say that I am coming to abhor self as the enemy it is. But never more so, as when He shows me His displeasure and disappointment. I can believe that I am surrendered to His will, that my eyes’heart are looking to Him, until He shows me otherwise. I am still so full of self it stinks. Christ must increase! I must decrease!

But I have found one of the greatest keys against self, is humility. In surrender to God, when I acknowledge Him as everything and myself as nothing and by faith humble myself before Him for His mind’will (even multiple times a day); it’s a discipline that is crucial to me for His life and will to manifest instead of self/sin/death.

Reading your post my heart swelled with your relationship/hunger and joy in and after Christ. 

You are soooo correct about the weapon of humility against self. But know/see/realize and understand, it is the “only” weapon against self,  for everything else is a work of self. For humility is the only thing that pulls up the “plant of self” by the roots. 

By all means keep that discipline that God has shown you inwardly,  for it (humility) is the doorway to all increase. 

It could be said; 

“to the degree of humility, is to the degree of Christ”

Thank you for having a heart after Truth and being willing to give up your/self to find it. 

For it is the only way to find it. 

Blessings, 

Doing the “happy dance” in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me