R. Hartono

Gentiles who tried to enter the 2nd temple would be put to death

https://www.bible-history.com/gentile_court/TEMPLECOURTWarning_Inscription.htm

This is a historical artefact, a warning stone from the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem which explains that gentiles were not allowed to enter the temple and whoever tried would face deadly consequences.

Only the Hebrew were allowed to enter and meet the Levits who served at the Temple, to give all offerings of sacrificial systems of OT.

Gentiles were only allowed to enter the Court of Gentiles which is the outer area outside the temple.

I write this because so many gentiles are :

-Distinguishing clean and unclean food

-Asking people to pay tithe (entering the temple were not allowed but they asked people to give tithe to them)

-Observing Sabbath days.

-Circumcised

-Keep their beard long etc etc.

All are just the copy paster of the Hebrew Torah.

Edited by R. Hartono

On 2/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, R. Hartono said:

I write this because so many gentiles are :

-Distinguishing clean and unclean food

-Asking people to pay tithe (entering the temple were not allowed but they asked people to give tithe to them)

-Observing Sabbath days.

-Circumcised

-Keep their beard long etc etc.

All are just the copy paster of the Hebrew Torah.

Of the 5 items here I know of only 2 that Christian have been asked to observe and they are keeping Sunday special and paying a tithe and even this is voluntary, unless you are talking about mormons. if you are then you should make that much clearer because mormons are Not Christian.

Love God and love others ......those are the only rules for those in the Body of Christ....every day is a sabbath day for a Christian ( we are to REST or Sabbath in the finished work of the Cross )and tithing is O.T. Law.Christians are to give what they truly want to give,God is looking for “ cheerful givers” and the early Saints gave up everything they owned.If you choose to not give a dime,you will go to Heaven and find your Heavenly bank account empty.Your choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Who me said:

Of the 5 items here I know of only 2 that Christian have been asked to observe and they are keeping Sunday special and paying a tithe and even this is voluntary, unless you are talking about mormons.

God has torn apart the curtain at the Temple of God, Even those Torah was not for gentiles why bother ?

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God has torn apart the curtain at the Temple of God, Even those Torah was not for gentiles why bother ?

We have the example of Jesus who as was his custom would attend the synagoge, also we have the teaching and example of the apostles who devouted themselves to teaching, we read of them regularly attending worship in the temple or meeting in the temple for their worship of God.

Paul tells us not to miss the corporate worship, that we might encourage others and be ourselves encouraged.

Why bother if slaves have to do something, why can't hiers do more willingly than those slaves.

The Jews had to meet to sacrifice and worship.

We do not have to and have enormous freedom to access God, yet we won't, or as you say can not be bothered.

Can't be bothered to worship the God who ha saved you, made you an heir, given the right of access into heavens throne rom, promised you a place in heaven and you can't be bothered.

If the Jews had to worship,  what stopps you from freely worshipping?