Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Our salvation is a free gift from God Himself to all those that would receive it.  

But what is this gift from God?

This gift is the new birth, which in scripture is called by a few different names. “Christ in us” the “New Creation” “Christ being formed in us” “Christ our life”. But they denote the same thing, this free gift that was given us. 

Seeing how this gift of this new birth can never be rescinded nor brought to naught, for it is a spark of the Divine nature brought to birth in us. 

But this new birth in us, as with all  births can fail to grow and be brought to maturity. This is why in scripture we are encouraged to grow or be enlarged, to work out our own salvation, etc. It is the growth of this new man in us that should be of concern to all that would desire to “go on with the Lord”. 

We read in scripture;

Galatians 3:3 (NASB)
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

“Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh”. 

“being perfected” is the goal. This goal and a movement toward this goal should be constant experience in our life’s. A putting away of all sins that would so easily beset us. 

Paul writes of the two ways of trying to achieve this goal. One of the flesh  (self-effort) the other the Spirit (faith). It is by faith and faith alone the new birth grows. For faith in God is the food that causes the new birth to grow. For the new birth is that which is born of God that’s sins not. It is to the degree this new birth in us has grown is to the degree we will be set free from those sins that so easily beset us. It is the growth of this life in us that sins not, is that life that manifests all the fruits of the Spirit naturally. Just like sin is manifested naturally by  the old creation. This is God’s gift to mankind. A new life that would naturally behave whereby fulfilling all the laws demands. This gift of God to mankind of the new birth is for whosoever will. Growth of the gift of God is for whosoever will maintain their willingness when death to self, all that was born in Adam, is the payment required. 

For as your faith is so as your walk will be. 

Blessings 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, Not me said:

t is by faith and faith alone the new birth grows.

Faith is from God yes, but faith like everything has to be used to strengthen it and to enable it it grow. Here in the west we rarely get a reason to try our faith and when we do, Oh how difficult it is to have to trust God in that situation.

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Faith is from God yes, but faith like everything has to be used to strengthen it and to enable it it grow. Here in the west we rarely get a reason to try our faith and when we do, Oh how difficult it is to have to trust God in that situation.

Hi, hoping and praying God blesses you with all good things as you press into Him. 

yes, scripture says;

“the just shall live by faith.” 

So true, faith is our lifeline to God. It is by faith that we have access to God. For all our growth comes through our Faith in God. Having faith in God is the ticket.

But yes when God brings times of enlargement, trusting and believing in God get stretched and a good work-out. This is how our faith is enlarged. Which, it is true can be painful and difficult at times. Oh, but the increase in our joy and peace when we come through the trial !! The fruit which is a more and deeper walk with God. 

To God locality of the Christian doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters to Him is if the believers Heart is after Him. If the believer is seeking God with their whole heart, regardless of where they are, God Himself will make a way for that believer to grow and mature. Times of testing come to all believers whether it be wartime or peacetime. For God Himself is more interested in the growth of the believer than the believer himself is. All God asks and needs to work, is a heart that would be all His. For this is the only thing that limits Him. The degree of the believers heart being open to Him. 

Blessings, as we with our whole hearts, search after God. 

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

To us the gift of God is free but A great price was paid for us to be able to receive this gift.  When Jesus was on the cross, He said the words... "It is finished"  go to this scripture and look up the word for finished.  study this word.  it was commonly used back then when a debt had been paid off.  You can even compare it to the word for done in revelation when Jesus says "it is done".... different word, different meaning.  way different. 

I think it is good to be mindful of this, with thanks in our heart and on our lips when we consider the gift of God. 

It is so true, the greatest of all gifts was paid to secure the gift of God to us.  God’s very own life. 

Scripture says;   

1 John 4:19 (NASB)
We love, because He first loved us.

Love itself being the first mover. 

How blessed we are to have a Creator who Himself is Love. 

Oh how great and awesome a blessings it actually is having the opportunity  to get to know personally this God who is all love. 

Blessings, 

1 hour ago, SelahSong said:

Therefore, if anyone were to ask us what sanctification is, our answer should be that Christ is sanctification. What is victory? It is just Christ. What is patience? It is just Christ. What is humility? It is just Christ...It is just Christ...It is just Christ... 

Hallelujah!

Blessings SelahSong, thank you for the confirmation, it did my heart good. 

When I got to this portion of your post my heart leaped at the profound and all encompassing truth being put forth by these four words;

“it is just Christ”.

It is so true “it is just Christ” is the answer to all things in any and all moments of time. If we need strength, Christ is that to us. If we need joy, Christ is that to us. Wisdom, peace, understanding, knowledge, whatever the need might be at that particular moment of time. Oh the heart that has learned to access Christ by faith can most assuredly testify to the truth of;

“it is just Christ”

Blessings, 

9 hours ago, Not me said:

trusting and believing in God get stretched and a good work-out

No it is more like holding on to the guy from a helicopter, without the safety strap. Very stressful, muscles screaming to stop and an awful fate if you let go.

When life kicks you in the teeth and stamps on your hands leaving you helpless, it takes an act of weak will to trust God. it hurts.

Read Job, do you think he found it easy to trust God, yet he did.

it is so very easy to 'curse God and give up' when life is to much.

Think of Asia bibi, she could have come out of her solitary prison if she'd only cursed Jesus and become a muslim.

P years in solitary, puts our troubles in their place as Paul put it, being tortured to death is a light and momentary trouble.

59 minutes ago, Who me said:

No it is more like holding on to the guy from a helicopter, without the safety strap. Very stressful, muscles screaming to stop and an awful fate if you let go.

When life kicks you in the teeth and stamps on your hands leaving you helpless, it takes an act of weak will to trust God. it hurts.

Read Job, do you think he found it easy to trust God, yet he did.

it is so very easy to 'curse God and give up' when life is to much.

Think of Asia bibi, she could have come out of her solitary prison if she'd only cursed Jesus and become a muslim.

P years in solitary, puts our troubles in their place as Paul put it, being tortured to death is a light and momentary trouble.

If you would forgive me and allow me to speak boldly; 

Scripture says;

John 16:33 (NKJV)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

I’m grieved that you see Christianity as such a struggle. Though it is true, trials and tribulations are promised for the Christian.  This is not the complete picture. The rest of the scripture says; 

“be of good cheer I have overcome the world.”

Joy, peace, and rest in the believers life, is to be their mainstay,  and the  strength of their life.  Even in persecution we are told that joy, peace and rest are to be ours. 

I will stand with you before the Throne of Grace that God would make known to you all the joy and peace and rest that is ours through believing. 

Matthew 11:28 (NASB)
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:30 (NASB)
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Blessings, 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:47 AM, Not me said:

I’m grieved that you see Christianity as such a struggle.

Don't bee. This thread is about living through trials and that is what I've been talking about.

It is never easy to follow, to trust God when live is tough.

4 hours ago, Who me said:

Don't bee. This thread is about living through trials and that is what I've been talking about.

It is never easy to follow, to trust God when live is tough.

Soooo true, growing pains, or should I call them “dying to self” pains can be painful and difficult at times. 

I have learned that as I go through my trials. That if I keep my eyes on Christ, and give up that which I want, and search only for that which is righteousness in the situation. I maintain my joy and peace, and I get through them all that much quicker. 

Knowing that trials are how we grow. Wishing you all good things in Christ. 

Blessings, as we grow in Christ. 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

This was a very good read 

• Thanks 1