• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom brothers and sisters

An important moment in a Christian's life is the baptism of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). Yet, everyone's moment seems to be different remarkably. 

I was wondering if we could all share how it happened for us. 

For me, it didn't happen after my water baptism. I searched for it for years and even after prayer from others, I felt no different.

Then, one day whilst praying, I felt a cool wave over me, not unlike breath but also not unlike liquid. It felt like it was just resting upon me gently.

From that moment, I stopped asking for the Spirit. Like it would be silly because I would be asking for something I already have. And, from that moment, I felt a spring of joy rise deep within me, still present today. Sometimes it quietly bubbles and at other times it feels like I could burst. And with it came a beautiful, untouchable shalom. 

Thank you Father! Thank you Lord! 

So, how did it happen for you? 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

51130347_573537799792884_5336878717937385472_n.jpg.55ec71150ec4a2352ff9dd6aea824205.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter obviously have been inspired by Almighty God Yahwe in heaven but He has not received the Holy Spirit yet, because Jesus told them to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you hv acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God and have been baptized with water, it doesnt necessarily means you have already received the Holy Spirit.

Example : Paul confers the gift of the Holy Spirit to the BELIEVERS of Christ after they have received water baptism.
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and THEY SPOKE IN TONGUES and prophesied.

Peter and John placed their hands to BELIEVERS WHO HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED so they may rcvd the Holy Spirit.
16 For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZE THEM THEY SPOKE IN TONGUE
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

BUT WHY DID GOD CHOOSE TO CONTROL THE TONGUE ?

James 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

HOW COULD WE SURVIVE OUR FAITH WITHOUT THE COMFORTER/ HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM ?
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

After about three months of praying and fasting then the Shepherd at church prayed for me and the Holy Spirit baptized me,  i felt a kind of  strong but unharm electric current inside my body and  when i was slaughtered in the spirit and cried at the feet of Jesus my tongue moved by itself and i can utter unknown language.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1955

Awesome!  I was once a pianist in a local Pentacostal church.  The minister there was always full of the Spirit and his sermons and messages included prophetic utterances, tongues, healings and more.  Once, he looked directly at me in the sanctuary and asked if I had ever received the 'baptism of the Holy Spirit".  I stepped forward and shook my head "No".  He layed his hands on me, along with other members and they started praying.  I did get very weak in my knees and started shaking, but it was not a scary ordeal..it was a refreshing, a recharging 'thing".  I layed back, almost as if in slow motion and found myself layed out on the carpet, praying and crying.  My verbal prayer, to me, sounded a bit 'foreign" or different than normal, but I did not shout out loud or dance or start uttering a loud salutation. All I knew was that I was at peace and God was dealing with me, one on one and getting some things straight in my spirit.  Real peace prevailed over my mind and soon I sat up and walked back to my seat.  It was as if GOD met me within my own realm and was coaxing, hugging and comforting me alone, although I was in a crowd.  Other times, at the altar, I found myself dancing, singing, moving and swaying in rhythm to some sweet praise song.  GOD meets me and has never given me more than I can handle or take in.  Who knows, next time, I just may run all around the building as if it were on fire...all in His timing and all for His glory at that moment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This all would be great if it were in Scripture :happyhappy: But seeing how it is of flesh and sensual confirming of spiritual identities there must be work done within Scripture to confirm these occurrences... number one problem is the dividing out of The Unity of God

Nope doesn't fit here
Eph 4:3-5

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
KJV
and I don't see flesh joining forces with Spirit to verify God

Rom 8:13-17

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV
It really boils down to I know I am saved because of experience of my flesh or I know I am saved because The Spirit says I am through the Word of God....
For the flesh is not redeemed so why would we look for the redemption through it's testimony?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

21 hours ago, Traveler said:

You may accept the Lord but when you get your act together correctly the Lord accepts you !

Could you define/explain   "get your act together correctly"   please, so I can know if I have been accepted by the Lord. Or not.
Or have I misunderstood you in your enthusiasm?

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

You are using scripture out of context.  and as the scriptures above clearly say, the baptism of The Holy Spirit is very real and present in scripture and clearly distinctive between baptism of water/repentance from the baptism of The Holy Spirit/fire .   

You are incorrectly using the transitional nature of Acts from Law to Grace... John the Baptist spoke of this when in Mark 1:8 He said His Baptism was only of water unto repentance: another words it had no redemptive power but was only a testimony of need from God to forgive. Of course this forgiveness could only come from God! This was Jesus telling them of the ONE and only Baptism that would be secured by Him and allowing man who was dead to be made alive by new birth. 

Acts 2:1-4 is the fulfillment of what John the Baptist and Jesus spoke of where for the believer could be regenerated with new life and made Son and Daughters of God. A Baptism where God defines 

1 Cor 12:13

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
KJV
This is also confirmed by this passage 
Eph 4:3-6

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
KJV

The Theology of this is in Rom 6:1-4...

Nowhere in Scripture are believers told to be baptized with, in or by the Spirit, or in any way are the to seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This has been the challenge to those who proclaim this second Baptism and to date no passage has been provided except that which is forced upon the text by eisegesis!

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Satan does not remain idol when the gospel of salvation is spread. It opposes it. One of the ways this is done is by presenting an alternative or false gospel that looks very much like the real thing but preaches a different Jesus than the one pointed to by the Apostles.   The prosperity teachings is just one of those false gospels. The people grasp it because it is a message they want to hear but you will never hear what Jesus had to say about the deceit of mammon preached. Now if someone is caught up in one of these false gospels , do you really think that Jesus is going to be baptizing them with the Holy spirit so as to confirm this false teaching ? The answer is NO! When the person gets a hold of the real Jesus and starts to understand the real gospels then the baptism and confirmations come.

Jesus Christ and Him crucified!..........only

"The prosperity teachings is just one of those false gospels."  Agreed! Preached by many with  good intentions, in ignorance, leading many astray. They're everywhere.

I suppose then, to answer my question and understand what you are saying, you said,

"(Then) one afternoon during prayer I was anointed as in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. It felt like oil had been poured onto my head and it ran all the way down to the souls of my feet and then started back up again. This is not something you claim by faith etc, when it happens you feel it physically and you know it has happened. There is no ambiguity. You may accept the Lord   but   when you get your act together   correctly   the Lord accepts you !"

Are you saying you were not saved, and then you were anointed by the Holy Spirit (correctly) and got saved, confirmed by the feelings of oil going up and down your body?
Or, are you saying you were saved, but were not baptized by the Holy Spirit, and then you knew you were due to the feeling of oil on your head, etc?

You said,    "(You may accept the Lord)  but   when you get your act together   correctly   the Lord accepts you !"
What does that mean? Was I not given the Holy Spirit when I accepted the Lord, when I was saved?  Did I need to do something, add something to my faith, to receive more of the Holy Spirit?  When scripture says to be "filled with the Spirit"   what you mean?

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.   John 14:16

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Or this,

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13
Does God give more of the Holy Spirit to some, and less to others?

Or is it more on the part of the believer, who is walking in the spirit, serving Christ, and not walling in the flesh, serving sin?

Doctrinal issue is for those Who teach this:
     You are indwelt by The Holy Spirit but you do not have the fulness of until sometime later by your seeking it.
The error of thinking is God has amounts of Himself … you can have a little when saved but need to work at getting filled with more! This is not proportionate to the Biblical understanding of The Infinite Essence of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It perverts the understanding that the new birth has need of growth; a process called sanctification where the believer grows into the fulness of God within! Very simple in understanding by this passage:

1 Cor 3:1-3

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
KJV

Heb 5:12-6:2

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
KJV
The issue revealed is not that the babe needs more filling of God Who is within them but the babe needs more Scripture to walk 'THE' Spiritual walk:

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
For The Holy Spirit's function is thus

John 14:25-27

25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.  26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 
NKJV

Rom 8:9-10

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
NKJV

In fact it is spelled out concisely in the first martyr Stephen... at the start of Stephen's discourse Acts 7:1-50 it is all Scripture and reasoning from; then Stephen bombs them with the truth of what they themselves were of Acts 7:51-53; noting verse 54

Acts 7:54

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 
NKJV

Stephen at this point knew they were going to kill Him because of the Scripture applied to them was irrefutably given >BY< the Fulness of Spirit within Him... The Stewardship of God's Word was more to Him than the preservation of His own fleshly life (make these stones bread)…
Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" 
NKJV

This is the fulness of Spirit where His, The Holy Spirit, tutelage of God's Word becomes everything to the heart; where The Word of God 'IS' the bread of Life and nothing of this life, we first began in, has sway over this reality...  this reality is ratified by Paul in 1Cor 2:9-16 and the finish

1 Cor 2:16

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

This mind is revealed after the water Baptism of John unto Jesus and Jesus is led off, by The Holy Spirit, to be tempted by satan …. Jesus overcame satan by The Fulness of Spirit and Scripture!

The true doctrine is that we need to grow into the fulness of The Holy Spirit given and not get more of The Holy Spirit that is already there!!!  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom all,

Enoob57, I have to say,  that I'm not on the same page as you concerning this subject.

22 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Nowhere in Scripture are believers told to be baptized with, in or by the Spirit, or in any way are the to seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This has been the challenge to those who proclaim this second Baptism and to date no passage has been provided except that which is forced upon the text by eisegesis!

Consider Acts 19:1-7 more thoroughly.

Anyway, more than debating over this doctrine and that doctrine (probably none of us are completely right!), I was interested in hearing peoples testimonies, their stories.  It seems that the baptism of the Holy Spirit can have different methods and out-workings in the Bible and in our lives today. I think that is a fascinating subject and more uplifting and insightful.

We cannot box the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) in with scriptures or theology saying "He can only do this or He can't act like that". We can only experience or observe and learn.  

Love & Shalom