• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1959

My son age 22 wants to spend the night with his girlfriend and has been at least once per week for the last few months.  He has a fairly solid Christian upbringing and assured me nothing will happen because he is determined to wait until marriage. So when I say it’s not a good idea he says I’m not trusting him.  I say, you want to avoid the appearance of evil and he says I don’t care what anyone thinks. He says I don’t trust him - I say your setting an example for your brothers and you don’t honor god with those kinds of decisions.  My wife doesn’t agree with it either but yet she let him use our car to go to her house; which I wasn’t aware of at the time.  Normally he’s using the girlfriends car. Is it just me or am I on solid ground here; And how do avoid coming across untrusting and legalistic. Our relationship is strained, and I’m concerned that God is no longer  number one in his life.  I welcome your wisdom. I know I have to have a heart to heart but need some ammunition. Thanks

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I agree with your stance on this 100%, you are setting the proper guidelines as you should.  What you need, is your wife to support you in this.  Praying for you.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I agree with your stance on this 100%, you are setting the proper guidelines as you should.  What you need, is your wife to support you in this.  Praying for you.

I second this motion .     For sure and for certain with no doubts .  HE is on solid ground .   

• Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Be totaly honest with him.

If he is spending the night at his girlfriends he is having sex with her and if he says nothing is happening he is lying.

That he says he doesn't care about how iot looks is telling.

Love means wanting the best for the one you love. Pre marrital sex is not the best option for her or for him. If he does love her, rather than being filled with lust, he will bw willing to wait untill marriage for sex.