• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Biblical scholars can't even agree what verses of the Bible should be included.  Some examples: some manuscripts do not include Matthew 12:47.  Mark 16:9-20 – This is in the text with a disclaimer that reads, “The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.  John 7:53-8:11 – Again, these verses ARE in the text but have a line and a note saying, “The earliest manuscripts and many other ancient witnesses do not have John 7:53-8:11.”  1 John 5:7b-8a – In the footnotes, “Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)”.  There are many other examples.

So what is the definitive translation?

Simple, ...being taught by the Holy Spirit!

But the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

19 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

22 hours ago, thomas t said:

To me, it really came across as being arrogant. And I think we need to be careful not to be arrogant.

Twice you insinuated that I was arrogant and finally, you straight up called me arrogant.  On your second post insinuating I was being arrogant,

Hi Walk, please I never meant that you were arrogant, it is not mine to judge the person. It referred to that behavior at that occasion only. Really, I didn't have you in mind as a person.

It's interesting to me that you are still trying to make my thread about a discussion of evolutionary theories

No, absolutely I don't. I'm not interested in discussing this in this thread.

I find it much more arrogant to step into someone else's thread and tell them what they should and should not say because of your feelz.

I don't think it was arrogant. I think it is important to back up what we say. Always. If it's an aside, we should also back up asides.

I really understand what your thead is about, but I also think it is allowed to comment on asides made within this very thread.

It seems to make you uncomfortable that, in good conscience, I can make a statement like that and not feel a need to back it up. 

Yes, because I see Christians very often doing this. "evolutionist biology is not science.", I often read. The author almost never backs it up. I stay with my opinion that these kind of statements come across as being arrogant, not the person, the statement. To me, it comes across as saying "I only need one sentence to refute a whole field of science. It is so easy for me!"

the debate, much like the one you seem dead set on dragging me into, is pointless

The debate, I'd like to open up, is whether or not we should be dumping science in side notes without backing it up? Even in a thread like this?

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

8 hours ago, thomas t said:

The debate, I'd like to open up, is whether or not we should be dumping science in side notes without backing it up? Even in a thread like this?

I think you've derailed my thread enough, Thomas.  

I knew there would be opposition to my thread.  Truth tends to bring that out.  I just had no idea this would be the best opposition there is.  

Derailing attempts to discuss abritray claims of you shouldn't say this, or you should do that will not be responded to going forward.   

You know what my thread is about. If you have a comment or refutation to the preconditions of intelligibility, bring it.  

Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.
Proverbs 18:2

Don't be that guy.  I pray it's not your intent.  But if it is, just know that confrontation for confrontations sake is a deadly trap that leads to unnecessary anger in your heart.  A lust for confrontation is not healthy.  I've been there and I know where it leads.  

Let's move past this and be men of God together, praising the name of our Lord and Savior, Yeshua.  Amen. 

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

15 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

But the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

Lord bless

Love it!  Here it is also in Jeremiah, foreshadowing the coming of Jesus and the new covenant! 

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord . “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord .’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord . “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”
Jeremiah 31:33‭-‬34 

• Thumbs Up 3

It's so sad that the Church has lost the intimate love-life with the Holy Spirit, unfortunately some have made Him to be a clown doing circus tricks, others don't have the slightest idea He is alive and vibrant inside of us, monitoring every word that enters through our ears, speaking in our hearts either, "Yes I said that or no, I didn't teach that."

I really enjoy reading your posts, very informative and refreshing.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

21 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm not the original poster, but we don't have to be a Greek scholar to say the NWT of John 1:1 is wrong, ...simply because the definite article "a" is not found or used in the Greek language of the new Testament.  Lord bless

What you've done here is rely on standards regarding definitive articles derived from other Biblical translation authorities you deem reliable.  The point I was making was we ALL rely on the work of others, whether it be the translation we use or the supplemental books we rely on for increased clarity.  I primarily rely on two Bible translations (NASB and NIV) primarily, and scores of commentaries and other books.  Is the NWT of John 1:1 correct?  Absolutely not.  On the other hand, you missed the point I was trying to make.

21 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Lord bless

There are 30,000 Protestant denominations plus a large number Orthodox faiths, which one is the Holy Spirit teaching at especially when there are conflicts between believers?

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There are 30,000 Protestant denominations plus a large number Orthodox faiths, which one is the Holy Spirit teaching at especially when there are conflicts between believers?

I'm surprised you you even have to ask that question, ...there can be 300,000 denominations, what difference does that make?

There is only ONE Church, ONE Body scattered all over the world, the Church of Jesus Christ is not denominations, it's comprised of born again children of God with the Holy Spirit living inside of them giving them eternal life, interpretation of the Word of God doesn't come from men, it comes from the Holy Spirit living inside of them, I didn't write the verse mentioned above, ...GOD did, may I humbly suggest you meditate on that and take it before the Lord.

The only reason there is division is because of ignorance, ...ignorance on this planet come from lack of education, ...spiritual ignorance in the Body of Christ comes from not believing the Truth the Holy Spirit has taught them, ...so what happens in the life of a born again believer who listens to the teachings of men, ...the Holy Spirit taught through Paul, ...first they resist the Holy Spirit, which causes Him to be Grieved, with the end result being they have quenched, extinguished His voice in their lives, ...they are born again with the zoe eternal life in them, how does someone become unborn, ...again we look to what the Holy Spirit taught through Paul:

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.  2 Tim 2:25, 26

Like the Word of God teaches, ...ONE Church, ONE Body comprised of carnal believers, those walking in the flesh and those walking in the spirit, being led by the Holy Spirit.

It's so simple a little child can believe and understand it!

New American Standard Bible [Matthew 7:21]

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 

So being a member of a denomination or confess Jesus when one is 7 years old will guarantee a positive outcome.

5 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So being a member of a denomination or confess Jesus when one is 7 years old will guarantee a positive outcome.

So you conveniently skip over what I have said to change the subject...

The only thing that produces a positive outcome is believing Gospel and receiving Jesus as Savior, ...it doesn't matter what age a person is!

Now, back to the subject at hand, ...a quick perusal of Worthy Forum will prove what I'm saying, ...how many times have we read,"I used to believe that, but the I read this book, or I watched this video, or I listened to this man, or I began to study the wisdom of the world, ...whatever...," they used to believe what? What the Holy Spirit has taught the Church, ...so, resisting Him, grieving Him and finally they have quenched His voice in their lives, ...for which absolutely ridiculous heresy?

the world is flat! ...but billions of humans in 6000 years living on it, ..and yet no one has ever found or been to the edge...  

or, For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son so that they won't go to Hell, ...so that He can beat His Bride to a pulp, beyond recognition, just before He marries her!

or, God is finished with Israel, He has broken His Promise, He lied to Abraham, Issac and Jacob and now the Church, His beaten, bruised and bloody Bride, has replaced Israel!

Like I stated in another thread, I have no problem waiting for what Jesus will say:

...for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  Rom 14:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.  2 Cor 5:10

• Thumbs Up 1