IGNORED

Evidence VS. Proof

Walk Softly

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm surprised you you even have to ask that question, ...there can be 300,000 denominations, what difference does that make?

There is only ONE Church, ONE Body scattered all over the world, the Church of Jesus Christ is not denominations, it's comprised of born again children of God with the Holy Spirit living inside of them giving them eternal life, interpretation of the Word of God doesn't come from men, it comes from the Holy Spirit living inside of them, I didn't write the verse mentioned above, ...GOD did, may I humbly suggest you meditate on that and take it before the Lord.

The only reason there is division is because of ignorance, ...ignorance on this planet come from lack of education, ...spiritual ignorance in the Body of Christ comes from not believing the Truth the Holy Spirit has taught them, ...so what happens in the life of a born again believer who listens to the teachings of men, ...the Holy Spirit taught through Paul, ...first they resist the Holy Spirit, which causes Him to be Grieved, with the end result being they have quenched, extinguished His voice in their lives, ...they are born again with the zoe eternal life in them, how does someone become unborn, ...again we look to what the Holy Spirit taught through Paul:

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.  2 Tim 2:25, 26

Like the Word of God teaches, ...ONE Church, ONE Body comprised of carnal believers, those walking in the flesh and those walking in the spirit, being led by the Holy Spirit.

It's so simple a little child can believe and understand it!

Quite simply, you are denying the Holy Spirit is teaching a consistent message across 30,000 Protestant denominations.  We have 30,000 significant differences causing riffs evolving into new denominations.  For example, 

A poll conducted by the Pew Research Center reveals that most mainline Christian churches and many denominations agree that abortion should be legal “in all or most cases,” with the Unitarian Universalist Church leading even atheists and agnostics in their advocacy of the lethal practice.

Even though less than 50 percent of evangelicals and Catholics believe that abortion should be legal under virtually every circumstance, nearly all majorities of mainline Christian churches support abortion, with several major denominations casting their support for the controversial procedure.

“Seventy-nine percent of Episcopalians, 65 percent of Presbyterians, 58 percent of Methodists, and 56 percent of Anglicans support legal abortion ‘in all or most cases,’” Breitbart News divulged from the Pew poll.

New American Standard Bible [Matthew 19:14]
But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

So we know scientifically that unique DNA/RNA is the beginning of life which occurs at conception.  So why does the Holy Spirit enlighten some of us and not the more worldly Christians?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So why does the Holy Spirit enlighten some of us and not the more worldly Christians?

Did you even read what I said?

The Holy Spirit teaches every born again child of God, it when they reject what He teaches they become what you call worldly Christians, ...how hard is that to understand???

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So why does the Holy Spirit enlighten some of us and not the more worldly Christians?

The answer hopefully that you seek is in Corinthians, very simply and very clearly.    It is not an answer to your posted question,  but better.  

As Yochanan the immerser said in another place, "no man can receive (grasp, understand, comprehend) anything

UNLESS the FATHER grants it (by sheer grace) from Heaven" .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

15 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

may I humbly suggest you meditate on that and take it before the Lord.

Quoting this only because you hit the nail on head here.  

It sucks, but the reality is that most people sitting in those church pews never open their Bibles to read those Words for themselves... Much less meditate on them.  How many even know how to meditate on the Word?  How many even know that you CAN meditate on the Word?  How would they even know they are being lead astray, then? 

They simply go to church, listen to their pastor and go home believing they are a Christian.  Like I said, it sucks that this is the reality.  It's the very definition of a lukewarm Christian and I was one for the majority of my life.  I like the term, "head Christian.". I knew about Jesus, in my head, but because I never read His Word and filled my heart with it, I never changed.  I built my Christian understanding off of cherry picked verses. 

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
2 Timothy 4:3-‬4 

I'm always concerned by brothers and sisters who seem more concerned with sowing doubt than truth.  Debating useless topics and what I find most comical with characters like that, when you don't give them what they want, the goal post starts to move as they search for the right topic to goad you into confrontation.  You'll notice, I only had one actual objection to the information I posted about and I was happy to get it and I was happy to spend quality time responding to it.  

Anyway... Your replies are always welcome, friend! 

Take care. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

3 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

It sucks, but the reality is that most people sitting in those church pews never open their Bibles to read those Words for themselves... Much less meditate on them.  How many even know how to meditate on the Word?  How many even know that you CAN meditate on the Word?  How would they even know they are being lead astray, then? 

Exactly, as a babe in Christ my pastor, who is now in Glory with the Lord, told us to not believe anything he said, but to be a Berean and search the Scriptures and take it before the Lord to see if it was correct, ...search the Scriptures means the Bible is it's own best commentary, take it before the Lord means to ask Jesus to reveal to us through the Holy Spirit what is the Truth using the Word of God as our source of information.

Brother, I appreciate yours and some others here, input and correct exegesis from the Word of God, unfortunately there are some here that have clearly fallen prey to the enemy and have believed THE LIE and believing they have become like God and can interpret the Bible with their own fleshly, worldly wisdom which James clearly states is the doctrine of demons, ...I pray the Lord would grant them repentance to return to the Truth.

Jesus said we are the Light of the world and the salt of the earth, hopefully we can influence those precious souls that are young in their walk with the Lord and those that will only lurk and never respond that the great deception is alive and operation on planet earth and has infiltrated and believed in the professing church.

The deception is clearly exposed and evident in the thought process of ignoring facts and truth and thinking we can create our own form of reality, ...60-70 years ago that would be considered mental illness and the consequence would be confinement in a mental institution, ...today it is encouraged, applauded and rewarded as profound wisdom, ...proof? just read some of the topics here, read a newspaper or watch the news, look what is transpiring in the world around us, ...we are living in, the world is deeply immersed in exactly what brother Paul wrote 2,000 years ago as to how it would be at the end of time as we have known it.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.   Luke 21:28

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, Vince said:

may not talk about it much because evolution has nothing to do with how life started only how it has changed over time.  

Or not.   Yahweh left nothing to 'chance'.   Ever.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Vince said:

We know that people can be swayed by debate or new evidence so he is acting in accordance with his life experience.  

I'll ignore your other two quotes as they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.  

But this one does.  ?

An unbeliever has no grounds for relying on past experiences as a predictor for future experiences.  Therefore, the attempt to do so relies upon the preconditions of intelligibility.  This example would be uniformity in nature. 

Let's assume for a moment that God doesn't exist.  

An appeal to experience is simply begging the question for an unbeliever. In doing so, you must assume the very thing you are trying to prove.  You assume that the future will be like the past, but there is no basis for this without God.  

I wrote it out in the very post you quoted.  This is what it looks like and it is the very definition of begging the question. 

In the past, the future was like the past, therefore the future will be like the past.  Therefore is the dividing line for the assumption.  Again, in doing this you are assuming the very thing you are trying to prove. 

We can do all kinds of silly things with this very assumption you are arguing exists. 

For example, I can assume I will live forever because I have never died in the past. 

If I wanted to be philosophically vicious, I would take this a step further and point out that even the assumption that our memories are reliable has no basis for an unbeliever.  How could you appeal to a past that you can't even be certain you remember correctly?  Or that it even happened?  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Without God you cannot know anything.  Unbelievers arguments always fall into philosophical nonsense.  It is clear from the onset that they don't live their lives consistent with their worldview.  They regularly stand on the Christian worldview while they deny it even exists. 

Edit to add: this is also called the problem of induction.  David Hume and Bertrand Russell worked extensively on this subject.  

If anyone is interested, here is a pretty good writing on the subject. 

Yet many have regarded it as one of the most profound philosophical challenges imaginable since it seems to call into question the justification of one of the most fundamental ways in which we form knowledge. Bertrand Russell, for example, expressed the view that if Hume’s problem cannot be solved, “there is no intellectual difference between sanity and insanity” (Russell 1946: 699).

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/induction-problem/

Edited by Walk Softly
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

You must provide reasonable evidence that Yahweh exists before you can make this claim.

Whoever rejects Yahweh has already rejected Jesus. 

The natural, unregenerate mind of man cannot comprehend nor grasp nor understand this, no matter the evidence.

Man's "reasonable" is opposed to Yahweh and against Jesus and contrary to His Word;

it is clearly always , like man's knowledge and wisdom, an enemy of Christ.

Edited by simplejeff
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Vince said:

So you have no evidence.  You also admit then that you believe contrary to any evidence. 

With more false premises (false starting points) ,  what do you ever hope to gain, ever ?   

p.s. I actually thought that you, somewhere recently, posted you chose to believe Jesus......  was that a different poster not you  ?

8 minutes ago, Vince said:

Then where is your evidence?  

Your own avatar is evidence, as it says one thing,  and your posts say another, so far as I've seen today.   Why is that ?