• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,392
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Just been reading about a man in India ( well off as both parents are lawyers ) who is trying to sue his parents for not asking his permission to " create " him before he was born ..maybe he should move to America and ask if he could have been aborted at birth !!!!!!   Soooo much insanity in this world   

Mumbai business executive Raphael Samuel argues that creating people without their consent is wrong.

Let’s say that someone, without asking your permission in advance, kidnapped you and brought you to a new country where your life would be noisy, confusing, and full of suffering. That seems like something you could sue for, right?

Now let’s say that the way they did this was by giving birth to you.

That’s (approximately) the logic of Raphael Samuel, a Mumbai business executive suing his parents for creating him. He told the BBC that he’s been obsessed since he was a small child with the question of why his parents were entitled to create him without his consent. Because it’s not possible to ask children for consent before they are created, he argues, it’s wrong to have them at all.

Samuel’s suit looks unlikely to get anywhere in India’s courts. The BBC reports that he’s been unable to find a lawyer to take his case, and his parents, both lawyers, have responded in good humor: “She said that’s fine,” Samuel said of his call to his mother with the news he was suing her, “but don’t expect me to go easy on you. I will destroy you in court.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

So he thinks he should be paid to live because he didnt ask to be born.....ok, looks like we're ALL in for some money then!!!

Edited by HisFirst
  • Haha 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

seeing how it doesn't make lots of cents … I don't think he should receive much 1537038618_exclaimlastholdingaboveheadlastwithlepasexpoint.jpg.f99ec3e23f4bd599a4d3c2ddcdb8a394.jpg

• Haha 3

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If I brought him into the world and he has a problem with that, I can easily take him out of the world and much less trouble than his mother had bringing him into the world

Problem solved.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

My son mentioned something about this the other day. I was preoccupied and distracted at the time so not really following much of what he said. I was thinking an American (we have enough crazy ones) but I guess it might have been this story. I'll have to tell him of reading this at Worthy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

If this doesn't work out, I bet he'll whip out a suit on "defamation of character" on his parents and whatever news outlets have reported this.

Which will also ultimately fail, as he defames his own character.

Dude couldn't just jump in front of a moving vehicle like all of the other money schemers though, lol.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Even 10 years ago would this even have been a conversation??

Edited by SisterActs2
typo
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

I just had a quick shower, so it didn't take as long to dry myself, as I wasn't as wet as usual!;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 2/8/2019 at 1:39 AM, ladypeartree said:

Just been reading about a man in India ( well off as both parents are lawyers ) who is trying to sue his parents for not asking his permission to " create " him before he was born ..maybe he should move to America and ask if he could have been aborted at birth !!!!!!   Soooo much insanity in this world   

Mumbai business executive Raphael Samuel argues that creating people without their consent is wrong.

Let’s say that someone, without asking your permission in advance, kidnapped you and brought you to a new country where your life would be noisy, confusing, and full of suffering. That seems like something you could sue for, right?

Now let’s say that the way they did this was by giving birth to you.

That’s (approximately) the logic of Raphael Samuel, a Mumbai business executive suing his parents for creating him. He told the BBC that he’s been obsessed since he was a small child with the question of why his parents were entitled to create him without his consent. Because it’s not possible to ask children for consent before they are created, he argues, it’s wrong to have them at all.

Samuel’s suit looks unlikely to get anywhere in India’s courts. The BBC reports that he’s been unable to find a lawyer to take his case, and his parents, both lawyers, have responded in good humor: “She said that’s fine,” Samuel said of his call to his mother with the news he was suing her, “but don’t expect me to go easy on you. I will destroy you in court.”

Thanks for giving me the best laugh of the day!   Also, enjoyed the others' posts, too.   Maybe he just wants his 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol talked of....but somehow I think he is serious. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1