IGNORED

Coming to a library near you? I pray not!

turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

"Drag Queen Story Hour" to children in libraries!

I had never heard of these. Have you?

Just when I think 'I've heard it all,' something new pops up to shock and disturb me. I am learning that our children are under attack big-time. Satan is out to get them by messing with their heads. One of the two books "Annie Christ" drag queen reads to them is called 'Sparkle Boy," The story is about a boy who 'feels he is a girl' and wants to dress like one. The agenda? Teach the kids that switching your gender is fine.

:(Sad days. This should cause all Christians concern. We must do whatever we can to protect them-starting with exposing such events. I am posting this to bring it to the attention of others like myself who were in the dark.

Please join me in praying about this great wickedness...guidance for what to do to combat this and  for God's protection upon the children.

drag queen story hour

Charisma News

Drag Queen ' Annie Christ' Joins Children's Reading Hour at Public Library
1:00PM EST 1/30/2019    

Drag queen "Annie Christ," who dons satanic symbols and performs lewd, sexually charged nightclub shows, is scheduled to be at the Lansdale (Pennsylvania) Public Library this Saturday, Feb. 2, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. to present "Drag Queen Story Time" to children.

Tom Meyer, director of the Lansdale Library, approved Annie Christ to present the story hour to children. Meyer and others on the Lansdale Library board of directors researched the drag queen's background and still agreed to allow Annie Christ to perform, even though his sexually explicit and offensive video is featured on YouTube.com. Meyer also stated he was receiving many phone calls, emails and Facebook posts protesting the event and would consider canceling it.

Taxpayers who fund the library are urging Meyer and all elected borough officials to cancel the drag queen story hour. The library reserves the right to cancel the event and the Pennsylvania Pastors Network (PPN, papastors.net) Executive Director Gary Dull says it is in the best interest of the public, children and taxpayers to do so.

Parents and concerned community members have been protesting similar organized activities at libraries in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New Orleans and New York, according to The Christian Post.

Concerns have been heightened in Pennsylvania, as three drag queen story hours have already occurred this month, notes the Pennsylvania Pastors Network, a state chapter of the American Pastors Network (APN). In addition to the library event in Lansdale, another is slated for Feb. 9 at Exeter Community Library in Reading.

"This toxic spread of a damaging agenda has come to Pennsylvania and is targeting our children," said Dull, who also serves as pastor of Faith Baptist Church of Altoona. "Where is the common sense in this? With the serious problems that children in this generation are experiencing—drug use, high-anxiety, suicide and depression—why would parents and elected officials willingly put children in front of a drag queen to confuse them even more? This should be a matter of grave concern for every person who cares about children. The LGBTQ agenda demands dominance and wants to silence those who would dare speak out on cultural issues. The public library is not a place for activism, and a children's story hour certainly isn't the place to push a confusing message delivered by a confused individual. The fact that we have even been forced to address such a matter as a story time for children provided by men dressed in drag is a tragic commentary on our culture. We pray for clarity, truth and the protection of children in this dire situation."

Edited by turtletwo
spelling error
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well..........My advice would be if you do not want your children to be part of this. Then it would be best to keep them home from the library that day.  The world is going to do what the world dose. 

I did forget to add that yes. We should pray  about such things.God does work in mysterious ways.

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom turtle

Yes I've heard of and even seen this happening while back via some very informative videos by Jason A on youtube. 

I would highly recommend subscribing to his channel for his well-produced videos covering significant Christian news. Don't be put off by the "click bait" titles which are pretty terrible! The content is incredibly eye opening and fully backed up with sources and evidence - no crazy ranting. 

Search Jason A on youtube. In his channel you'll find a few videos on this development. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The Democratic party has gone completely insane.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

Isaiah 5:20-21 King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

Wow, we truly do live in a fallen world. Sick to confuse children like this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Hi TT, I had heard this mentioned but hadn't seen it in print for myself - I just feel despair for what's going on around the globe and the speed with which its all happening.  Sometimes I feel like we are being swamped. 

My impact may not be much globally, but all I can do is love love love(with Gods love ),  those I come into  contact with on a daily basis - from inside my home and once I step out that door, and of course - pray!!

Edited by HisFirst
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Isaiah 5:20-21 King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

The word woe should stick out to folks .    GOD is not well pleased .   And who will be able to stand when once HE ARISES to lay down wrath .

The very JESUS who is our intercessor ,   does become the wrath of GOD on the day of Judgment .    It would be well to remember that we are here

not to worry about offending men but rather let none offend God .     Marvel not if even this gets ignored or attacked .    I done heard from way too many

they don't believe in this kind of God .      Better we point to JESUS and step up our exhortations and reminders and let none be lulled to sleep

under a different version of God .    RUN to CHRIST I say and follow Him faithful to the end . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

9 hours ago, John Robinson said:

The Democratic party has gone completely insane.

Yes, John - and the leftist opposition party in our country is heading the same way.

And as HisFirst has noted, this awful, diabolical, satanic stuff is gathering speed like a runaway train.

Thanks turtletwo, for alerting us to this latest assault on our precious children in an attempt to pervert their thinking.  Our best defence is attack - pray, pray, pray for these little souls.

Frienduff, you are right.  We must not be concerned about offending people, in fact it should be that we are afraid of offending our God, and be bold in our witnessing, out in the harvest, striving to see God's will be done.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1