ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I am curious. Ive been introspective lately.

Are there people you wont pray for? Or people you refuse to pray for if they ask for prayer?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

13 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Are there people you wont pray for? Or people you refuse to pray for if they ask for prayer?

I think we should pray for everyone. Even someone who hurt your family.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Whoever I take dislike to, or those evil compared to say, an abortionist, anyone I sense using me, no mater the issue,
I have learned that God would have me pray for them. Pray for your enemies. Don't have to like them. Just love them.
Pray without ceasing. Anybody and everybody, that God would bless them, in His own way, and not as the world would.  (Real blessings can be tough)
Some medicine is sweet. Some medicine is bitter. Both are for the good of my health.

Matt 5, 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

I would pray for anyone and would not refuse a request to pray for someone.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

No and no*  I ask forgiveness of my Lord Jesus  and make a point to emphasize prayers for those I find myself having disdain for, as that is my sin and not theirs.

Mathew 5: 43 on.... “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,  so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

*When I do have a disparaging mindset, as I find I did even today about a local neighbor drug dealer, I stop myself and ask Lord what should my prayer be for this young person so lost as to be into the drug scene endagering many, the neighborhood, his family, and himself. Pleas e help him Lord and show me if ther ee is something I need to be doing. Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Shalom Ayin Jade

Interesting question and I applaud you for your boldness in asking. 

I think the standard and safe answer would be to pray for anyone and refuse no-one. However, let's consider John 17 - Jesus says "I do not pray for the world but for those whom you have given me". Very interesting. 

I believe in some situations, the Father would have us pray and other times, He would not. We might see our prayers as having good intention, but they could work against a more perfect outcome! For example, if we prayer for someone to be protected from a negative situation, that person may not learn from it and produce the fruit of repentance or maturity

So, what? Should we never pray for those in trouble?

Well, praying for those in need, believers and non-believers, saints and sinners, is very good. But acting against our conscience and conviction is very bad. 

Therefore, if you are feeling deep within to NOT pray about a situation or person (even if they ask), then don't. Otherwise, if you act against your own conscience, how will you given a reasonable account before the Father? 

I think it's more important to always love and forgive and to never refuse love and forgiveness to anyone, believers and non-believers alike, always. But as for prayer? Only use that "weapon" when your heart is in it. 

I hope that makes some sort of sense. 

Love & Shalom 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

if anything in this temporary moves you from the eternal there's a definite problem....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

As someone once told me, "you may be the only one praying for such and such " .... a particular person.

Edited by HisFirst
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Ayin Jade

Interesting question and I applaud you for your boldness in asking. 

I think the standard and safe answer would be to pray for anyone and refuse no-one. However, let's consider John 17 - Jesus says "I do not pray for the world but for those whom you have given me". Very interesting. 

I believe in some situations, the Father would have us pray and other times, He would not. We might see our prayers as having good intention, but they could work against a more perfect outcome! For example, if we prayer for someone to be protected from a negative situation, that person may not learn from it and produce the fruit of repentance or maturity

So, what? Should we never pray for those in trouble?

Well, praying for those in need, believers and non-believers, saints and sinners, is very good. But acting against our conscience and conviction is very bad. 

Therefore, if you are feeling deep within to NOT pray about a situation or person (even if they ask), then don't. Otherwise, if you act against your own conscience, how will you given a reasonable account before the Father? 

I think it's more important to always love and forgive and to never refuse love and forgiveness to anyone, believers and non-believers alike, always. But as for prayer? Only use that "weapon" when your heart is in it. 

I hope that makes some sort of sense. 

Love & Shalom 

You must never pray for something greedy.  But if someone is doing wrong pray God opens there heart to repentence. Jesus knew everyone's heart. We don't know there hearts. It's better to pray. But there could be a time not to pray. If you see your brother sin unto death John said you should not pray for him. But that's the only time where it says in the bible not to pray. It's what you pray for that counts. I will pray for everyone but let God's spirit lead me.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

While I am imagining a problem with someone, I can tend not to first care about the person in prayer.

But as I get more into grace, I can readily bless people in prayer and not let them get to me.